Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
guess ppl really want those grenades lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I've been trying to get a good Antax Axe with Brutal Momentum on my Zealot for the past 2 weeks or so. Took a break to play my Veteran and got emperor gifted this. I want to cry. ;_;

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I might honestly use that over a power sword, that's a good axe

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Why would anyone care what anyone runs on malice or below unless they were dead for over half the run? malice is easy peasy and if they don't think it is and requires what they think is the min/max best, that is more telling about them than anything.

people think they're offering helpful advice

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Cease to Hope posted:

people think they're offering helpful advice

Being immune to gunfire IS pretty handy!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Enjoy posted:

Being immune to gunfire IS pretty handy!

Yeah, been using that over camo lately, apparently it also reduces melee damage taken by 75% because :fatshark:

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

The 75% reduction one is better over camo because the damage is seriously mitigated rather than just deflected to your dumb idiot team. Take those hits, stack some toughness relics, and something something Emperor.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Just got a bleed knife and Knife Zealot may be my new favorite thing.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Poxhound space program still going strong. Thought there was a patch note a while back about fixing that but I guess not.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

camo is for cowards. turn on your 75% damage resistance and gun down the heretics while walking directly towards them.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

haldolium posted:

anyone know a workaround to get rid of subtitles permanently? Setting wont stick, its "off" in the menu but is turned on every time the game is restarted :fatshark:

It's a bug, it seems to depend on who start the mission and their config but it's not been confirmed. Anyway it's been aknowledged in the bug forums.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Poxhound space program still going strong. Thought there was a patch note a while back about fixing that but I guess not.

There was… :fatshark:

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

They reverted a bunch of fixes, possibly accidentally?

The zealot's charge is interruptible again and delivers you to the far side of mobs facing the wrong way, which was fixed last patch.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Was trying to finish weekly on my Ogryn because I had some missions not count so ran a level 1 to try and beat the clock, but I finished a few minutes past reset. SAD. But not only did it not count for the missions I had at reset, but it also didn't count for my missions I had after reset lol

ANNOYING

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kith posted:

camo is for cowards. turn on your 75% damage resistance and gun down the heretics while walking directly towards them.

doing this with four bolters advancing at a walk blowing everything apart at the bridge was about as space marine as it gets

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I think I'm gonna reroll the mission completion contracts from now on. They're such a slog.

edit: rerolled my mission contract and got Kill 1000 Scabs in Melee. The Emperor smiles on meeee.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 9, 2023

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Fired up Necromunda: Hired Gun the other night because a mission I was looking for wasn't generating, and goddamn.

The Heavy Bolter and Bolter in Hired Gun just sound so piddly and lack any kind of satisfying impact. Likewise the Plasma, even at full charge doesn't have the oomph that the Plasma in Darktide have.

I know it's by Focus and not :fatshark: but Darktide absolutely NAILED the feel and sounds of weapons.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Fired up Necromunda: Hired Gun the other night because a mission I was looking for wasn't generating, and goddamn.

The Heavy Bolter and Bolter in Hired Gun just sound so piddly and lack any kind of satisfying impact. Likewise the Plasma, even at full charge doesn't have the oomph that the Plasma in Darktide have.

I know it's by Focus and not :fatshark: but Darktide absolutely NAILED the feel and sounds of weapons.

Despite the helbore guns being poo poo, they sound mean as hell, which is in line with the fiction. It's great.

There are so many little touches in this game that are great, it's a shame that we're being doled out the game in a slow drip.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I want the map and setpiece people from Necromunda:Hired Gun to collaborate with fatshark. I want to see a train heist(in motion).

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 9, 2023

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So I don't know if the Cliffhanger penance is bugged or what, but after several attempts to set up the perfect situation on Smelter, I triggered my ultimate and instantly knocked at least 8 pox walkers over the side of a ledge into the lava and the penance completion didn't trigger.

Didn't even show that I killed any additional enemies via the progress meter.

Kind of dishearting.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

drat my ogryn got verbose

the actual line that got that subtitle was YOU SAY WORD I TEAR GANGERS TO PIECES

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
[Electrochemistry] Only Lawrence Garte could fit that description

Grognan fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 9, 2023

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/SXrnzx0.mp4

The gameboy has this dumbass bug where if two of the things appear on the second column from the edge back to back, it will treat an obviously correct button press as wrong until you let it go all the way around. I saw this happen to someone three times in a row in a prerelease video of the game, thought "oh that looks like a bug they really need to fix before release" and it's still here

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Always thought something was wonky about that. Figured I was just messing up the timing even when it really didn't look like I was.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Kind of dishearting.

LOL completed the penance just now without even trying and finally unlocked this stupid red fuckin hood.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

The gameboy has this dumbass bug where if two of the things appear on the second column from the edge back to back, it will treat an obviously correct button press as wrong until you let it go all the way around. I saw this happen to someone three times in a row in a prerelease video of the game, thought "oh that looks like a bug they really need to fix before release" and it's still here

Knew it!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Yep I've had that exact situation, it especially sucks cause it makes you look like an idiot to your teammates

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I wish the Pistols could be taken in place of melee weapons. I think that'd make them a lot more attractive for some classes.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

In a universe where melee weapon + pistol is iconic and every weapon having 3 modes not having a pistol + melee weapon is really loving dumb. We had a rapier with flintlock in loving VT2--the code is there and the ability to rock the poo poo 1h swords with a pistol giving you way more ammo to play with is just so drat dumb. VT2 launch felt like incompetence, this feels malicious.

This game is def giving me the alpha feels where they're just testing out the basics and in a year or 2 they'll start adding content that should have been here from launch. I remember when DRG did the same thing but they were super loving honest about it.

kalthir
Mar 15, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

So I don't know if the Cliffhanger penance is bugged or what, but after several attempts to set up the perfect situation on Smelter, I triggered my ultimate and instantly knocked at least 8 pox walkers over the side of a ledge into the lava and the penance completion didn't trigger.

Didn't even show that I killed any additional enemies via the progress meter.

Kind of dishearting.

Didn't see this option mentioned on the last page, but I got mine a few days ago first try on Vigil Station Oblivium, specifically this spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRKve2FT0Dc&t=1344s
The advantage over the other maps is that you don't really need any setup, you're guaranteed a few groups of poxwalkers on this bridge. You just need your teammates to hold off on mulching them for a bit.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Arghy posted:

In a universe where melee weapon + pistol is iconic and every weapon having 3 modes not having a pistol + melee weapon is really loving dumb. We had a rapier with flintlock in loving VT2--the code is there and the ability to rock the poo poo 1h swords with a pistol giving you way more ammo to play with is just so drat dumb. VT2 launch felt like incompetence, this feels malicious.

This game is def giving me the alpha feels where they're just testing out the basics and in a year or 2 they'll start adding content that should have been here from launch. I remember when DRG did the same thing but they were super loving honest about it.

There's the Grenade Gauntlet! :downs:

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

https://i.imgur.com/SXrnzx0.mp4

I knew something was up. It also seems to be really forgiving if the next item is instantly selected and you react a bit slow

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Martman posted:

Yep I've had that exact situation, it especially sucks cause it makes you look like an idiot to your teammates

The one time I’ll accept it was funny was when a psyker spent a solid 45 seconds working on it before dropping it, typing “someone else please” and implied it was happening to her, followed by the ogryn lumbering up and completing it in 5 seconds

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Arghy posted:

The rapier/flintlock in VT2 feels gimmicky though. It's just another special attack, it doesn't change up the gameplay. Blocking and pushing is a core mechanic, where would they fit shooting with the off-hand into the control scheme?

There should be passive benefits to taking a pistol. Faster draw time for your melee weapon, an extra point of stamina, extra dodge distance, etc.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

There's an alternative attack key which could just be shoot if you had sword+pistol.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Typical Pubbie posted:

The rapier/flintlock in VT2 feels gimmicky though. It's just another special attack, it doesn't change up the gameplay.
Based on nothing much I suspect it's implemented in the code as exactly that, a special melee attack. It doesn't consume ammo even if you're also carrying the BOP and its range isn't much more than something like Kruber's spear-and-shield jab. As you say it feels mechanically like a melee attack disguised as a ranged one. And it's not even a particularly useful melee attack.

If you did something similar in Darktide and had "Chainsword and laspistol" as a melee option people might be confused as to why you couldn't pull the laspistol itself out and start using it as a ranged weapon in its own right. Especially since you could then carry a different laspistol as your actual ranged weapon!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

In VT1 the rapier pistol had its own ammo count and did the same damage as a brace of pistols shot.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I like that on the Gameboy you can make your guy turn little knobs on it by pressing WASD keys but it doesn't do anything

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Passburger posted:

It's a bug, it seems to depend on who start the mission and their config but it's not been confirmed. Anyway it's been aknowledged in the bug forums.

thanks, thought as much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Internet Explorer posted:

I've been trying to get a good Antax Axe with Brutal Momentum on my Zealot for the past 2 weeks or so. Took a break to play my Veteran and got emperor gifted this. I want to cry. ;_;

the move away from weapon sharing (or shared drops) is probably the one I dislike Fatshark the most for right now. The grinding for stuff is terrible and the separation of the classes for everything makes it even worse.