Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They are epic games OP. Well maybe not the first which seemed boring but maybe I'll play it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's fine if you like xbc but they seem like the very worst examples of my favorite genre of game

what don't you like about them

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Sudden Javelin posted:

Vagina bones.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
a-ring ring ring ring ring ring ring

VAGINA BONES

a-ding dong ding dong ding dong ding

VAGINA BOOOOOONES

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
XBC is definitely not for everyone, a lot of people bounce hard off the combat system and if you're going to play an 80-hour RPG enjoying the combat should be paramount to the experience, and it makes perfect sense why you wouldn't like them in that case. But if it's the stories and/or the characters, that's where I have to concede that we just have way different expectations and tastes in JRPGs.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

KingSlime posted:

Anyways, who's getting fire emblem engage at launch?

I am for sure. I've watched almost none of the pre-release stuff. Basically to sell me on a Fire Emblem game, you just have to be a Fire Emblem game. I'll be happy if Engage is more like "classic" style Fire Emblems like the pre-Awakening ones, or if it's more "srpg with life/dating sim stuff" like the more recent ones. I like both. I'm not picky.

Plus it comes out two days after my birthday so why the gently caress not? Happy birthday to me!

I don't know what I'll play in the meantime though. I just finished up Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Persona 5. I'll need something to fill the gap... I still have Persona 5 Strykers waiting, and I never got to play Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes past... one evening of playing the demo. But either of those would probably take me more than a week to get through, I'm guessing.

Too many games, not nearly enough time!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

Vagina bones.

That was Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Which was bad, though not because of vagina bones, or the lack thereof.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Whatever you think about XBC2, it must be congratulated for dethroning FFX from the most reviled character design for its protagonist.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He looks alright OP.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Those pants are a crime against anime

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
This guy is still the JRPG design king

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That was Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Which was bad, though not because of vagina bones, or the lack thereof.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was a good game with a lot of style and heart that deserved so much better than it got. And yes, I will die on this hill.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Whatever you think about XBC2, it must be congratulated for dethroning FFX from the most reviled character design for its protagonist.

i don't get people who hate tidus

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the whole game of Link to the Past is the peak of Zelda and Nintendo may never reach it again

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

KingSlime posted:

Those pants are a crime against anime

Actually he does not wear pants, as he is basically a diver so he wears a singlet-like base layer under his diving suit. Please pay more attention next time OP.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

KingSlime posted:

Anyways, who's getting fire emblem engage at launch?

I might but I have a lot of other games to play so maybe not. it looks fun tho

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
LTTP is the platonic ideal of a Zelda game but whenever I play it I always just get bored like 2 dungeons in.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I still need to get the Links Awakening remake. I think that's the most Pure Zelda game.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
LTTP is just above the DS zeldas, right around Minish Cap in quality

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
alttp was so good its framework is used for basically every zelda game up until botw.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I still need to get the Links Awakening remake. I think that's the most Pure Zelda game.

yeah i agree with this, it's the zelda game where the series gets its charm and identity.

hatty posted:

LTTP is just above the DS zeldas, right around Minish Cap in quality

wrong!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

people must be really spoiled if that’s what they think is the garbage bin of character design

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

someone had whack opinions on zelda

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Huxley posted:

a-ring ring ring ring ring ring ring

VAGINA BONES

a-ding dong ding dong ding dong ding

VAGINA BOOOOOONES
lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Link, in BOTW has vagina bones and nobody gave a poo poo - the joker

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

i don't get people who hate tidus

he's a real poo poo dude, op

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tidus was fine as a FF protagonist even with the lovely writing and average voice actor. The outfit was hilariously awful though.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

Tidus was fine as a FF protagonist even with the lovely writing and average voice actor. The outfit was hilariously awful though.

I'd argue further he was actually a really GOOD character (as far as FF protags go anyway) with a well-realized arc, and the infamous laughing scene was intentionally cringey in context. The outfit is by far the worst part of him, and while he's not the worst in the game (see: Seymour Guado's hair) or the worst in the series (see: Nooj and many others from FFX-2), he's the most well known.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

final fantasy x owns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tidus looks cool op. Possible skill issue detected, if you don't like Tidus.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sudden Javelin posted:

I've got the opinion, that I guess is controversial, that the character designs are terrible and the gameplay is really not what I want to spend 100 hours doing

xbc2 in particular just has the worst designed characters I've seen in a game so highly regarded. I couldn't help but laugh when they put a couple in Smash

I don't like Xenogears or -saga either so maybe I just don't like whatever team that is

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The coolest things about Xenoblade 2 is 1) the music 2) the character designs

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Augus posted:

final fantasy x owns

https://i.imgur.com/mW227pR.gifv

:hai:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

hatty posted:

This guy is still the JRPG design king

Dang, I wish my sling bag had a pizza holder

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

he's a real poo poo dude, op

he's actually a great character and his only problem is that auron steals the spotlight from him

see:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The outfit is by far the worst part of him,

His outfit is perfectly in line with a celebrity athlete not giving a gently caress what anyone else thinks, cause he's better than they ever will be at soccer football basketball Blitzball

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
His hiding behind the goalie technique is invincible

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Augus posted:

final fantasy x owns

It seriously does. I previewed FFX2 recently and I'm not ready for it, but I look forward to it. I loved the battles in X best in the series up to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

His outfit is perfectly in line with a celebrity athlete not giving a gently caress what anyone else thinks, cause he's better than they ever will be at soccer football basketball Blitzball

That's not remotely Tidus' personality though. He's a genuinely nice dude from the very start of the game.