Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kru
Oct 5, 2003

So you have to pay for Mr Musk's Wild Fire ride, or is it gratis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/NickWhiteK9/status/1612491396283510785

frunk is frunked

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Data Graham posted:

The NOS sticker on a Chevy Spark is the cringiest thing on there no joke

I choose to believe it’s an advertisement for the energy drink

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Lol, touch controls to open a latch. Who's this loving stupid at Tesla. Like it doesn't matter that Elon is the boss, just say "no".

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Are the top replies all Tesla fanboys explaining that they're doing it wrong/it's supposed to be that way.

Ultra
Dec 30, 2004

Oh no.

Lazyfire posted:

Musk has suggested that the loop will eventually replace the Teslas in there now with his other vaporware product, the Robovan; a "highly configurable" van that exists only as renders and images that look like you fed the words "ugly steel plumber van" into an AI image prompt. It's based on the Cybertruck, so the 2024 launch date Musk pulled out of his rear end is going to be more like 2030 at best.

I was curious as to what 'ugly steel plumber van' would produce. Here is the first image:
https://imgur.com/q9eoqGY

I had to add 'from the future' in order to get something more interesting.

https://imgur.com/x5RdNNw

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That looks like a campervan in the Homer car line.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Ultra posted:

I was curious as to what 'ugly steel plumber van' would produce. Here is the first image:
https://imgur.com/q9eoqGY

I had to add 'from the future' in order to get something more interesting.

https://imgur.com/x5RdNNw

try "Mobile glass urinal"

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

These people are suicidal standing in front of a Tesla

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

just in case there was any doubt:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

ilmucche posted:

I thought people were big on attack on titan

It starts off with a neat premise but swerves deeper and deeper into fascism with each story arc and plot twist.

Of course, a story arc can take a year to tell in a monthly format. So being into it in 2013 is a way different look than being into it in 2020.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Honestly kind baffles the mind how many simple and easy things need to be app or phone or screen activated now. A button or keys was too complicated for tesla???????

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cowcaster posted:

just in case there was any doubt:

Lol so they're even attacking other bazingas now if they don't worship THE CAR enough

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

keep punching joe posted:

Are the top replies all Tesla fanboys explaining that they're doing it wrong/it's supposed to be that way.

There aren’t any

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Speleothing posted:

It starts off with a neat premise but swerves deeper and deeper into fascism with each story arc and plot twist.

Of course, a story arc can take a year to tell in a monthly format. So being into it in 2013 is a way different look than being into it in 2020.

did they ever find out what was in that basement?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

ymgve posted:

did they ever find out what was in that basement?

a hyperloop

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Isn't the whole point of MLP that everyone should love and accept everyone else? I'd like to hear how conservative bronies reconcile that poo poo.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Outrail posted:

Isn't the whole point of MLP that everyone should love and accept everyone else? I'd like to hear how conservative bronies reconcile that poo poo.

but also it has an unelected god-empress

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

TVs Ian posted:

My wife sent me this picture yesterday, and I sent her that conservative Brony comic in response.

She wasn’t happy to have that in her life, but I think we’re even.

POLICE LIVES MATTER with a Minnesota plate tells you everything you probably need to know about Edgy McLutefisk here

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Outrail posted:

they want to gently caress the cartoon horses OP

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Outrail posted:

Obviously the cartoon doesn't mention that "everybody" means "white Christians only" - it doesn't have to because that's just common sense.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Cthulu Carl posted:

Why use Teslas at all when you can just make some golf carts look like future pods?

Edit: or the pods used on rides like the Haunted Mansion?

No poo poo u could use thoes carts they have in airports that can carry way more than 3 people at a time.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

ymgve posted:

but also it has an unelected god-empress

didn't the main character become an immortal god pony as well and the fans all got really mad because a commoner becoming a aristocrat god hosed up the very important canon of their cartoon

kru
Oct 5, 2003

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

didn't the main character become an immortal god pony as well and the fans all got really mad because a commoner becoming a aristocrat god hosed up the very important canon of their cartoon

For the people who think WH40K is a wholesome story about the autocracy being correct

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Isn't 'Every common man pony has the potential to become a wealthy captain of industry immortal god pony' literally the america dream/republican fantasy?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

the great thing about the underground tesla tunnel is that when musks dies we can bury him in it

Why wait?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can anyone help me workshop methods that broods of tunnel people will have for pillaging traffic in the underground Musk Warren? I'll PM you the Discord

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Paint a line on the ground and then steal the car blind when the FSD either rams it into a wall at speed or gets stopped by paint.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

The entire premise of the show iirc was the main character was already super special and had to go live in a town with the common folk to understand their ways. It was always a Chosen One story.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah one of my colleagues is working on that one

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hanging from the ceiling and going in through the roof during traffic.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Outrail posted:

Contrary to popular assumption that isn't really what it's about, it's more like a self-help series giving kids pointers on how to get along with/deal with others, some of whom might be assholes. It covers a lot of territory and doesn't have one specific thesis

As to why conservative weirdos get all obsessive about it, my guess is that it has something to do with the idea of something sweet and positive also having a dark underbelly (most of which is projected onto it by fans who do things like write the characters into post-apocalyptic Fallout stories and poo poo, because lol at the inherent cognitive dissonance and all) but there's enough character personality depth that they feel there's something there to bite on without the wild fan theories seeming like farce. So they blow up "hidden meanings" way beyond what was ever intended, with the result that they can convince themselves that actually these characters would support them and their dumb fascist beliefs

Also

kazil posted:

they want to gently caress the cartoon horses OP

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Stock is back to $120 BOOO!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lmao these loving idiots.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What are the odds that the Judge allows it?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

War Wizard posted:

Lol, touch controls to open a latch. Who's this loving stupid at Tesla. Like it doesn't matter that Elon is the boss, just say "no".

Uh, I think every automaker on the planet is using electronically opening trunks these days. My 11 year old Ford has an electrically opening trunk latch.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lmao these loving idiots.

Pretty sure these stories are written by bots, or the human equivalent of bots

code:
For Each Stock:

Write story: Stock did [STOCK CHANGE] because [SUMMARIZE TOP STORY]
It doesn't matter if the story is actually a good explanation for an 8% swing or not, the point is cranking out finance content that gets shared like this

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Devor posted:

Pretty sure these stories are written by bots, or the human equivalent of bots

code:
For Each Stock:

Write story: Stock did [STOCK CHANGE] because [SUMMARIZE TOP STORY]
It doesn't matter if the story is actually a good explanation for an 8% swing or not, the point is cranking out finance content that gets shared like this

That's basically a lot of financial news, which is universally trash. The best ones are "If you invested $X into stock Y 5 years ago, you would have this much now" articles for stocks that didn't exist 5 years ago, so the numbers are all $-99999999999999

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The Roman augurs would look at modern financial experts and journalists and laugh at their methods of interpretation as they asked pigeons for political advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

bird with big dick posted:

Uh, I think every automaker on the planet is using electronically opening trunks these days. My 11 year old Ford has an electrically opening trunk latch.

With touch controls on the center console and no external button? Wow, didn't realize it was common practice.