Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Ultimately, Sinfest is repetitive and a waste of everyone's time. Maybe we should have a pause for 3 months or something and see if it has become less boring.

e: I do enjoy the parodies, though, thanks for making them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nenonen posted:

Ultimately, Sinfest is repetitive and a waste of everyone's time. Maybe we should have a pause for 3 months or something and see if it has become less boring.

e: I do enjoy the parodies, though, thanks for making them!

May as well gas the thread now if being a repetitive waste of everyone's time is a deal breaker now.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
How many other cartoonists make the same strip about handmaid whores and trans zombies five times a week plus extra for sunday, 52 weeks a year??

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I was actually going to propose posting it on the weekly schedule. Seems easy enough, though I wouldn't bother with pettyfest. Don't want to actually go into reddit or whatever for that.

But if we're fine letting it die, that's fine too. Dude sucks.

China Daily

False alarms by Song Cheng

Le Monde

by Hall from the United States

Charlie Hebdo

:nws: Breasts and people having sex

What ever happened to the 25 Taliban killed by Harry?
"We're screwing his mother in heaven!"

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I was seriously considering just posting it daily. I'm not sure if the concentrated dose is better or worse, really.

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com
I think Pettyfest is what makes Sinfest worth reading more than anything else, so if Pettyfest isn't going to be included, then I'm fine with giving up Sinfest.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Epic High Five posted:

His weird turn toward conservative Christianity as cure for all social ills really feels undermined by the simultaneous insistence that God is a malicious clown.

I wonder if Ishida is one of the people who doesn't believe in Christianity, but considers it foundational to western society. Consequently he believes it's important to maintain it, particularly it's dogma, as a noble lie for the masses. It seems to be popular position with a certain subset of online nazi.

On the other hand, the comic is so hopelessly muddled, it's nearly impossible to determine what Ishida is specifically trying to say. Also the comic has decades of build up visual vocabulary and metaphor that he keeps using even though it refers to positions that he no longer holds. So ultimately, who knows?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i always found pettyfest to be pathetic. there's only so many ways you can say that a terf is a loser before it becomes as boring and repetitive as the comic itself, and it never reached the heights of cum garrison edits. i can't say for sure that all of the redditors who make it have better things to do with their time, but surely some of them do

as for sinfest itself, it's about as vile as garrison and a little bit less annoying than prickly city or ted rall. i don't particularly care if it stays or goes, but i can't say it doesn't fit in with the rest of the trash in this thread

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
If people want to see it and the normal posters don't want to just fetch the comics and post them yourselves. It's not getting banned, people are just bored of it. It's not even fun to scowl or laugh at most of the time.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

I dont know posted:

I wonder if Ishida is one of the people who doesn't believe in Christianity, but considers it foundational to western society. Consequently he believes it's important to maintain it, particularly it's dogma, as a noble lie for the masses. It seems to be popular position with a certain subset of online nazi.

It's this, I imagine. A large contingent of right wingers/fash don't really *believe* in anything (and they certainly do not reverence any deity), but they view religion as Good Actually, because it provides social cohesion/gives the naive dupes something to glom onto/has cool symbolism we can steal.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Spooner:

Carbon credit scheme review rejects criticisms it is flawed, recommends changes to improve transparency (ABC). At least that's why carbon credits are in the news, the rest feels like Spooner logic.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Mordaedil posted:

This is so weird as a viewpoint, from a Norwegian stance at least. It's not like Democrats all agree on every point, even here there's like 12 different flavors of parties competing. Saying "well, it wouldn't be democratic if it was only the Democratic Party" is actually insane to me.
Yeah yeah yeah. The USSR was not a one-party state because there was a diversity of opinions within the KPSS. (Real thing that people said, btw)

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm not sure; he'd need an enemy to cast it as opposing, and there's not one that clearly aligns with his usual views.
Macron was cast as a woke progressive based on being French and running against a fascist. I'm reasonably sure a Latin person who is running against a fascists works just as well.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well there's no time like the present. I'll add it with my other comics, probably tripling up on Monday since the others don't update on the weekends. Reading it daily may make it feel different? Who knows? It's not good either way! And certainly no less boring than freaking Prickly City.

Sinfest

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Goddamn I hate seeing Sinfest

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Turn on your monitor

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Weekly was better, at least, with the glacial pace of the comic and how it reduced the constant "do we post it or not" discussion to just on sundays

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I literally always scroll past it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like seeing the brainworms in action, but not enough to actually look it up.

IMO if you think it's worth posting, post it (with the exception of DbD, due to being banned). If you don't want to read it, scroll past it. There's plenty of things that make my eyes glaze over so I scroll past them.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Once I have some time, I'll post up the Pettyfest collections. Just the Pettyfest. Let you decide what the lovely parts were.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

SirSamVimes posted:

I like seeing the brainworms in action, but not enough to actually look it up.

Yeah same I need the brainworms piped here on a regular basis

It's like a little zoo exhibit

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I like seeing Ishida's descent, it's probably my favorite* comic posted here.

*Favorite to watch the incredible spiral to full fascism while the visual metaphors constantly shift in meaning. I hate the message he's trying to impart.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Time to bust out my favorite Linkara video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI0h_eNjoHY

Anyway, with regard to Sinfest, would there be any will to spinning off a thread, or should we bury him in the TERF he created?

Nav.
May 25, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

False alarms by Song Cheng

Who's the guy in the middle supposed to be? Qin Gang?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Doesn't every god canonically exist in Sinfest? Or at least more than just the Christian one.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lawman 0 posted:

I literally always scroll past it.

I couldn't scroll past it when I saw it because it was the most recent post, but yeah that's my SOP.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

VitalSigns posted:

Doesn't every god canonically exist in Sinfest? Or at least more than just the Christian one.

There's a Jesus who tends to be cool and a Buddha that hangs with him. I think there's also a Dragon God. Not sure about any others.

The main issue with Sinfest God is that Ishida maintains consistent visuals but often changes what they are supposed to mean. God is a child mocking his creation, but also all-wise divinity depending on the point he's trying to make. The former is closer to the original concept, so that's the way he's depicted visually now forever no matter how bad it clashes with the new direction of the strip.

I'm pretty sure every character was originally supposed to be the embodiment of a specific sin (slick=lust, Pig = sloth or gluttony, preacher guy is pride). Monique was supposed to be Greed or Envy?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Crumbling is not an instant's Act
A fundamental pause
Dilapidation's processes
Are organized Decays —

'Tis first a Cobweb on the Soul
A Cuticle of Dust
A Borer in the Axis
An Elemental Rust —

Ruin is formal — Devil's work
Consecutive and slow —
Fail in an instant, no man did
Slipping — is Crashe's law —

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kellies nomination: Worst Label

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

That elbow :stonklol:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Angepain posted:

Weekly was better, at least, with the glacial pace of the comic and how it reduced the constant "do we post it or not" discussion to just on sundays

I'll do this week daily, as I've started and see how it feels and try it different next week. I see it being no real difference, pace wise, to Prickly City and we still have to deal with that nonsense every day.

Nav. posted:

Who's the guy in the middle supposed to be? Qin Gang?

I don't think I've ever seen them do legit caricatures so I'm going to say it's just an everyman.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Now that you mention it, Prickly City would be better as a weekly feature. I mean it's not like it ever refers to current events anyway, and I think bundling all the comics means it gets to say a whole week's worth of nothing all at once and we can breathe again

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

So Biden is focused completely on the border

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Kellies nomination: Worst Caricature

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't think I've ever seen them do legit caricatures so I'm going to say it's just an everyman.

This may actually be policy; they really like reusing old cartoons in subject compilations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Edith Pritchett on Prince Harry’s memoir and TV interviews – Asked whether he spoke to his father, Prince Harry replied: “We haven’t spoken for quite a while. No, not recently”"

Telegraph:

US could send Stryker armoured vehicles to Ukraine

Matt:

Times:

President Lula says Brazilian riots are ‘terrorism’ as 1,500 Bolsonaro supporters arrested

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak considered union ban for thousands of key staff – leaked emails; First UK rocket launch ends in failure after suffering ‘anomaly’

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Wait what do they mean by "first" UK rocket launch, Top Gear did it years ago :v:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Not my fault by Cai Meng

Le Monde

Brésil : insurrection des partisans de Bolsonaro à Brasilia/Brazil: Insurrection of Bolsonaro partisans in Brasilia by Thiago from Brazil

by Herrmann from Switzerland
No to the dictatorship of reality!

Charlie Hebdo

:nws: Men exiting an anus

The mullahs definitely don't seem to understand a thing about women!
"It took us a week to find the exit!"

A clear call-back to:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

:nws: Men entering a vagina

Mullahs go back to where you came from

:nws: Man-faced deer having sex

Hunters soon to be geolocated.
"No more worry about him catching us on Sundays!"

"My freedom of expression starts where others' stops."

Sinfest

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The only reason I still care about Sinfest is I'm just waiting for Monique to turn straight. I still am convinced it's going to happen soon.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Is this guy saying Fauci was cool and good 50 years ago? I hope not but I can't interpret it any other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!