Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

you were supposed to keep your wits about you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, Mangione jokes just make me Feel So Good.

Chuck: Ever since the explosion, every song I play sounds like "Feels so good".

Therapist guy: Maybe that's because it does feel so good to be alive.

Chuck: No that's not it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Chick Mangione?!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Also, Mangione jokes just make me Feel So Good.

proof that repetition jokes are good if done correctly

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

PokeJoe posted:

(Chuck, while being pulled from the Megalo Mart wreckage): "I don't feel so good."

Gets me every time.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lmfao yes

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Zero One posted:

Chick Mangione?!

Im not a chick! Im a dude.

*WHAM*

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

PokeJoe posted:

absolutely

writers too good

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I love that episode because I love poo poo where people are in stores after hours and where people live in malls and stores and museums and poo poo

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

I love that episode because I love poo poo where people are in stores after hours and where people live in malls and stores and museums and poo poo

so bulldog in the lucky aid

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Saucer Hovers posted:

so bulldog in the lucky aid

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
I'm guessing this has been posted before, but on the off chance it hasn't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DYB_dPILzc

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

I also love this. I actually enjoy suspending my disbelief that a store or store dept is big enough where people can genuinely get lost for hours in it. Or build a living area they've been using for years.

Like the Christmas episode of Father Ted, where 8 priests are lost in the biggest lingerie section on the island. It ends up parodying war movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfvMo-dh4J8

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I wasn't joyriding, Peggy, it was a medical emergency!

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Howdy, folks!

Today, State Grill-Off!

Clog dancing unlimited!

The world's smallest hippo!

Howdy!

Thursday night, livestock show!

Free diabetes screenings!

Howdy!

Sunday night, salute to the pecan!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

malcom in the middle season six episode seventeen youre welcome

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

A strip club. In Houston.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

naem posted:

the sopranos comparison is somehow a very good one

Im glad you felt it. I was racking my brain trying to think of anything else and maybe new girl? Nick miller is a pretty relatable character and so are jess winston and cece

With the pleasure of responsibility comes the pain of obligation— hank hill

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
There are some gold lines in later episodes

"Aww, Mandy just forget the ID and sell her the cigarettes!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

♪Met a guy in my boxing class, slept with him before I kicked his rear end ♫

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

Goal: some kind of neat moth
This laughter is ill-informed!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Luanne (Brittany Murphy)
Lucky (Tom Petty)
The original Tilly Hill (Tammy Wynette)
Ann Richards

A bunch of guests, too. I don't know how, but I immediately recognized Tom Poston's voice in the Chip Block episode. I can't say I've seen a lot of Tom Poston things, but... it happened.

To add to the KotH death pool, Bernie Mac, as well as the aforementioned Tom Poston and Alan Rickman.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Just get David Herman to do all the voices.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I'm skeptical that you could, yet intrigued that you may

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Fishstick posted:

I'm skeptical that you could, yet intrigued that you may

Ok, thank you! I could only sort of remember what that line was, and couldn't remember what episode it was from. Now I can look it up.

Edit: right, the Bill as Lenore episode.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Why do you keep calling me BIIIIIIIIILLL? I’m LENORE!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

King Carnivore posted:

The complete fall in pitch makes this one of the most perfect line reads in a series that is the shining example of line reads

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
If all you’ve got on me is my confession then you can forget it… I’m simply not credible

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

so many shows to watch

but i am going to just rewatch this one again

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

A MIRACLE posted:

so many shows to watch

but i am going to just rewatch this one again

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They made me a wig.
"We made you a wig."
They made me a wig.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What ep has boomhauer going on about duchamp

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

King Carnivore posted:

Bills, bills...why do we keep getting bills mail!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I wonder how that's subbed? Bill's bills?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

When this show got on in years (like maybe around seasons 10 until the end? Maybe?) I had not just stopped watching it, but tv in general. I'd catch a rerun once in a while, but never went the distance.

So, because of that, I've never seen one episode with Lucky. I know all about him, but have never actually seen any of his episodes.

Looking forward to watching parts of this show for the first time, despite having seen other parts hundreds of times.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He's one of the strongest parts of the later seasons. And the last third isn't bad bad, it's just kinda middling. It never completely nosedived like the simpsons barring maybe a handful of individual episodes

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

He's one of the strongest parts of the later seasons. And the last third isn't bad bad, it's just kinda middling. It never completely nosedived like the simpsons barring maybe a handful of individual episodes

Yeah, that's what I remember reading here over the years; even the lower quality seasons are still better than a lot of other shows.

Anyway...

Ok, so are Bill and Laoma just... not a thing anymore?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 9, 2023

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm watching season 13 now and it *feels* worse to watch in a way I have trouble describing. It animation is eerily high quality, the plotlines edge towards more fantastical, and the jokes start to rely on self reference instead of standing on being good comedy. Some solid lines still pop out here and there though so it isn't terrible.

"You know what would make me happy? A meal at the Arlen Barn with my family strategically placed around me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Yeah, that's what I remember reading here over the years; even the lower quality seasons are still better than a lot of other shows.

Anyway...

Ok, so are Bill and Laoma just... not a thing anymore?

Laoma died on the way back to her home planet.