Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

haypliss posted:

To be clear I don't think some Honkai posting about playing it or the game mechanics or story is like a crime against this thread, and I do just scroll past it. ZZZ and SR can take this immunity too. I know there was some recent stuff showing off like a new HI trio character that seemed fine despite getting pulled into this drama by the end. It's just taking the already tiresome drama posting that happens about Genshin and also applying it to a game that isn't even the main thread topic is like a second order of magnitude to bad posting.

Anyway for some on topic content, that leak roster that dropped now being clarified to likely include characters from Mondstadt as part of a Mondstadt expansion is probably what has me most excited. Even if Varka is still but a dream...

I will kill for the lady in deep green. Please don't make me wait til 4.5 like I have to for Dehya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Honkai talk is good, but my only interactions with the fandom besides guides and the occasional crossover lore video somehow wound up being this thread and a bunch of lesbians on Tumblr.

Clearly the best way, especially with people like Kale posting batshit lore and the like.

But fandom drama in general weirds me out a bit.

--edit
Playable Cyrus when?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Captain France posted:

Honkai talk is good, but my only interactions with the fandom besides guides and the occasional crossover lore video somehow wound up being this thread and a bunch of lesbians on Tumblr.

Clearly the best way, especially with people like Kale posting batshit lore and the like.

--edit
Playable Cyrus when?

Cryus is gonna end up being be pencil thin and you know it.

I want big burly dudes and actual anthropomorphic characters like Von Lycan and Ben (the bear).

I'd also like to wish for some of the generic npcs, like Smiley Yanxiao.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wanderer has a point, it's weird that everyone gives you gifts when it's their birthday.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Regarding the Honkai Leaks Clearly the one holding the apple is just about finished since it's the only one that looks like a splash art in a full pose as opposed to a T-Posing beta character model

Captain France posted:

--edit
Playable Cyrus when?

Usually I'm just trying to get some insight into what the gently caress it's even about half the time and if it's anything I should you know.....consider at length or just people making noise because they can. I don't want to import needless drama, but I also don't want to totally disregard something that there might be something more legitimate too that I'm maybe just not entirely comprehending or that I'm missing the point possibly because people are explaining/discussing it very poorly outside the goon centers. If it is indeed needless drama than to hell with it. Honkai unfortunately doesn't release simultaneously across regions so whatever is happening is likely a couple months away from even mattering in Honkai Global anyway.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

RareAcumen posted:

Wanderer has a point, it's weird that everyone gives you gifts when it's their birthday.

It would be kinda fun if they put in something that let you send characters a birthday gift, Box O Marvels style. You hear it's Klee's birthday, you catch a neat fish and you give it to Lieben to box up for you. Then she sends you a note in the mail about how that fish-box exploded REAL nice.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

avoraciopoctules posted:

It would be kinda fun if they put in something that let you send characters a birthday gift, Box O Marvels style. You hear it's Klee's birthday, you catch a neat fish and you give it to Lieben to box up for you. Then she sends you a note in the mail about how that fish-box exploded REAL nice.

Klee is a dangerous criminal I would never give her a gift

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

RareAcumen posted:

They're all Hobbits confirmed.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

avoraciopoctules posted:

Increasing friendship like it's Stardew Valley

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

I will kill for the lady in deep green. Please don't make me wait til 4.5 like I have to for Dehya.

:hmmyes:

anyway yeah I'm generally ok with some chatter about honkai/mihoyos other games. I don't think those games are popular enough to be able to support a thread, but I dont think this is the place for stuff like fandom drama. I mean, it's not like we talk about every stupid genshin reddit drama in here either :v:

Xun fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 9, 2023

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Its pretty wild they've seemingly leaked like, a years worth of new Genshin characters recently. Some of these must be a year out from release and I wonder how many of them still resemble these designs when they're finally released.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Mihoyo also stated somewhere that they'll release 17 characters a year. While Dehya, Al Haithem, Mika will count for this year, not everyone from that list will release this year.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Where the gently caress is Arlechinno

Kale
May 14, 2010

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Where the gently caress is Arlechinno

Likely in Snezhnaya somewhere up to no good and potentially being a Cocolia expy.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Increasing friendship like it's Stardew Valley

didn't we do this in the teapot a few months ago 🥹

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I want a bike gadget. I don't think it's likely because special sprints and mobility talents help sell characters. If fontaine is all techy then I want to see people pedal around. Diving might also be fun but water levels are usually a big departure from gameplay so maybe not.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Radical posted:

Its pretty wild they've seemingly leaked like, a years worth of new Genshin characters recently. Some of these must be a year out from release and I wonder how many of them still resemble these designs when they're finally released.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jnntgg/new_characters_that_are_allegedly_datamined_from/

I remember Shenhe changed quite a bit from her early design that was data mined as did Kokomi, but Yun Jin barely changed at all and seemingly the same with Yaoyao, Kazuha, Rosaria, Hu Tao and Sayu who were similarly leaked anywhere from months to years before they were even officially announced. YaoYao is the very last of 8 characters that were datamined essentially when the game first launched to now be about to get a release so it feels almost fitting that theres a new dozen or so characters to restart the cycle at this precise moment in time.

quote:

Hu Tao (funeral parlor boss who doesn't get along with Qiqi). She's a Pyro Polearm from Liyue like Xiangling.

Mimi is a Hydro Catalyst from Inazuma.

Yunjin is a Geo Polearm from Liyue like Zhongli.

Yaoyao is the first Dendro character we know for a fact is playable, she's a Catalyst from Liyue who I think studied with Xiangling or works at a rival restaurant or something. I cant remember exactly. She gets along really well with Qiqi

Sayu is an Anemo Claymore from Inazuma

Tohama is another Pyro Polearm, this one from Inazuma as well.

Then the last two are either: Shenli, a Cyro Claymore from Liyue and then Rosaria, a Cyro Polearm from Mondstatd, or their names are the other way around. I cant remember which one is which.

All of this is information from the files, Im sure dataminers can corroborate.

Kale fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 9, 2023

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Tae posted:

Mihoyo also stated somewhere that they'll release 17 characters a year. While Dehya, Al Haithem, Mika will count for this year, not everyone from that list will release this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFyAdI_rO8

this is the video they mentioned their character release target in, if anyone else was curious

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
If Baizhu's Q doesn't swing that snake around like Hu Tao's ghost, I want a refund.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Faruzan is pretty good for someone I have no use for in the abyss. She can clear out groups of enemies from afar pretty easily and her damage is decent.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thundering fury dps faruzan is really funny

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

17 characters a year feels like too much but I understand the appeal of getting a character banner who is just the right combo of characteristics.

Is there a way to turn off or down character chatter?
Sayu does not shut up and I find that type of anime voice very grating.

Paimon gets a pass because she's a lovable idiot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only way is to turn off character voices completely in audio settings but that'd also remove the voice acting in cutscenes

you can also switch to jp voice acting (or chinese or whatever) because that stuff tends to grate less if you dont recognize the words being said

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Inzombiac posted:

17 characters a year feels like too much but I understand the appeal of getting a character banner who is just the right combo of characteristics.

17 is one of the lowest numbers for a gacha. FGO by comparison released 29 gacha characters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and FGO's pace has slowed down a ton since its peak.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I do appreciate that having a smaller number of characters helps us get ones that are relatively fleshed out. Even with a cast that is relatively constrained compared to other gacha, there's loads of chars that have only really appeared in a quest or two.

I also appreciate that Mihoyo is not rushing Genshin content too hard. It's pretty cool that the Genshin income is helping them to fund development of a bunch of other projects instead.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Radical posted:

from what i was told, one of the bigger leaker groups tried to set up a private discord that other leakers could join and they could both compare notes but also plan leaks so that they could avoid legal backlash or accidentally get the dev feeding them info busted- basically just a way to keep a bigger grasp on the stuff floating around. but i guess one guy who got invited got pissy or had a huge falling out and stole basically everything the discord had in it and is the one leaking loving everything even if it still has developer tags/data attached :eng99:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Mix. posted:

from what i was told, one of the bigger leaker groups tried to set up a private discord that other leakers could join and they could both compare notes but also plan leaks so that they could avoid legal backlash or accidentally get the dev feeding them info busted- basically just a way to keep a bigger grasp on the stuff floating around. but i guess one guy who got invited got pissy or had a huge falling out and stole basically everything the discord had in it and is the one leaking loving everything even if it still has developer tags/data attached :eng99:
What did they expect? You live by the leak, you die by the leak.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Double Sayu on a 10 pull too complete that constellation. I could still use 3 Rosaria's and if I get a Sara it's C6 and she's probably not coming back till the next Raiden banner so definitely going to go for a few more pulls yet at 43 pity accumulation. This banners actually one of the better rerun banners for me in a while in terms of characters I could really use constellations for and if I trigger pity and get the banner character constellation it's probably still worth it.

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot

RareAcumen posted:

I live in Vietnam, the culture here is that when it’s your birthday you buy cake for everyone else in the office

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

FiftyFour posted:

I live in Vietnam, the culture here is that when it’s your birthday you buy cake for everyone else in the office

I'm Chinese and I dunno how common it is but the elders give cash (red envelopes) to the young ones on their birthdays.

So, really, we are all children in the eyes of the Genshin cast.

Kale
May 14, 2010

The fan artists just seems to be going for it and drawing and labeling the short white hair, funky mismatched blue eyes and hat character as Focalors.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
3.4 is going to be such a strange patch for me. i’ve got 50 fates, a 50/50 and zero need for another middling hypercarry that i don’t have good artifacts for despite farming since the domain dropped. but i do have many uses for staff of homa and definitely wouldn’t mind an aqua dupe… also baizhu. maybe dehya but probably not.

it just feels so weird to skip al haitham. also feels like a real bag fumble on hoyo’s part to not release kaveh with him, people probably would have pulled just for the jokes alone despite al haitham’s kit.

only thing i could hope for is that he pulls a kokomi somewhere down the line, but a lot of folks hoped that for cyno too once nahida was out and here we cyno apologists are, just surviving on vibes :(

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Idk what you mean his best comps will have above average performance, same as Cyno. Hyperbloom is so far above the curve that you'd have to obsolete dozens of other comps before HP pools get to the point where Cyno or Haitham start to sweat.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I don't get the Cyno hate/disappointment. Yeah his burst is awkwardly long and he really needs some kind of shield to prevent interruptions, but he's a much easier hypercarry to play than Xiao and he's got good elemental reactions unlike Itto. Is it because he's not Hu Tao levels of broken?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

basically

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I think it makes sense that people have higher expectations for carries / main DPS than they do for other roles; they're going to require more mechanical investment, more time on screen, and more changes to team composition around them than a swap character. It's not an expectation that can actually be fulfilled without causing power creep issues, but I get it.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Space Opera posted:

Is it because he's not Hu Tao levels of broken?

that’s the common male dps complaint, yes. there’s also the “one big number better than a lot of small numbers” thing, which i’ve definitely fallen victim to after getting my wanderer to a sufficiently great dps

and i like how long cyno’s burst is since it’s really fun, but i just wish i could use it the entire time.

No Wave posted:

Idk what you mean his best comps will have above average performance, same as Cyno. Hyperbloom is so far above the curve that you'd have to obsolete dozens of other comps before HP pools get to the point where Cyno or Haitham start to sweat.

i tried for a while yesterday, and bloom/hyperbloom/quickbloom just ain’t it for me. it’s bad artifacts and unleveled supports all the way down on my end for these comps and that’s likely causing my grievances. cyno’s aggravate team is also, i don’t know, more fun imo

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Any character who requires scarabs, beetles, or other very annoying materials should actually be stronger than characters who don't, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

scarabs arent that bad honestly