Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1612508480853934080?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Indianapolis Colt Lamar Jackson

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

DrPossum posted:

They should make a playoff rule where if you don't have a winning record you don't get to go to the playoffs even if you win the division because Tom Brady is a terrible weirdo person who doesn't deserve anything good.

But if that were true we wouldn't have had Beastquake.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mega64 posted:

But if that were true we wouldn't have had Beastquake.

GOOD

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

DrPossum posted:

They should make a playoff rule where if you don't have a winning record you don't get to go to the playoffs even if you win the division because Tom Brady is a terrible weirdo person who doesn't deserve anything good.

Counterpoint: If you banned that you'd never get the hilarity of good WC teams losing to division winners with losing records like 2010 Saints @ Seahawks.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

wilderthanmild posted:

Counterpoint: If you banned that you'd never get the hilarity of good WC teams losing to division winners with losing records like 2010 Saints @ Seahawks.

:hmmyes:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/barstoolindy/status/1612603056885010433

what the

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

They can gently caress right off

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Florio is the infowars of football.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I worry about the Vikings every week at this point, but I feel like that's healthier than assuming any professional football team is going to be an easy win. That poo poo invites getting slapped for your arrogance.

So, the Giants. I haven't been following their season as closely as ours. We beat them in the regular season on the same field, but it was drat close. Not sure what to expect now that we're into the postseason -- the Vikings still have the majority of their pieces but we did lose ANOTHER center and I'm not trusting the defense for anything at this point.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Go Jags, Go Vikes.

Redeye Flight posted:

I worry about the Vikings every week at this point, but I feel like that's healthier than assuming any professional football team is going to be an easy win. That poo poo invites getting slapped for your arrogance.

So, the Giants. I haven't been following their season as closely as ours. We beat them in the regular season on the same field, but it was drat close. Not sure what to expect now that we're into the postseason -- the Vikings still have the majority of their pieces but we did lose ANOTHER center and I'm not trusting the defense for anything at this point.

It will be another close one; a battle for competent offenses.

MoaM fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 10, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/NFLUnlimited/status/1612544085465636866

Check the comments if you want to see a body

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Redeye Flight posted:

Despite resting drat near everybody of importance the Giants still played the Eagles starters pretty close this past week, so there's a chance they'll come in hot. The Vikings are definitely talented enough to beat 'em again, but I'd hesitate to say their chances are better than like 65/35.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

I thought it was just to confuse the opponent, not insult them.

But now that I know it was an insult I approve of it even more.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He's annoyed by it because it looks fun and the Chiefs offense looks fun to be in and he's in the Broncos offense.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

MJeff posted:

He's annoyed by it because it looks fun and the Chiefs offense looks fun to be in and he's in the Broncos offense.

Also Russ can't cook with him in the kitchen etc

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

pasaluki posted:

I thought it was just to confuse the opponent, not insult them.

But now that I know it was an insult I approve of it even more.

No no it was designed to insult the Broncos who weren't playing in the game.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Being an athlete and needing to find stuff to put a chip on your shoulder about so you can be as competitive as possible must be so loving tiring sometimes.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
It was pretty stupid but also funny and fun to watch and it's nice when the mechanical precision of football is interrupted by something silly and different

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

kiimo posted:

No no it was designed to insult the Broncos

the who?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think the Ravens tagging and signing Lamar long term is a no brainer but there are at least some rumblings that he could be had in the off-season via trade.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1612490274072141824

These are about the most meaningless sources imaginable. Still, I'd rather Lamar is traded for peanuts in March than unsigned come July. The media around him is so tiresome.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
N:
How Bills, Bengals led the way after Damar Hamlin collapsed

quote:

"The league screws this s--- up because Troy Vincent screws this stuff up," the official said. "That's the wrong person in the wrong position at the absolute wrong time ... He wants to be the hero, but he will never take accountability. That's him to a T."

V:
This does not shock me at all

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lol you idiots you can only have one head coach

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1612652905395355649?s=20&t=39bolcRqnNHOUrtRiT87kg

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was very clear from the beginning that the head coaches took over and disregarded the intended course

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
What you saw that night was a labor action, and the NFL will never want it acknowledged as such.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/NFLUnlimited/status/1612562444165038080?s=20&t=Pg6Z9GclTVbiaMJCMoCf4A

Views:
Like rats from a sinking ship.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Seems like clickbait, his actual quote was it's "potentially his last game". Cause he is a free agent.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Bellmaker posted:

I still think he got concussed after he lowered his head on that run in the Steelers game, he played as dogshit after that as he did while concussed in the Packers game.

I have been saying this in the AFC East thread since it happened. He was also lighting it up in both games before those respective plays. Glad I’m not alone!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Look, I understand why people like college football, but the NFL exists so that nobody has to watch a 65-7 football game.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lifespan posted:

Look, I understand why people like college football, but the NFL exists so that nobody has to watch a 65-7 football game.

A 43-8 Super Bowl isn’t much better.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

A 43-8 Super Bowl isn’t much better.

It is not, but at least it is super rare.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I was also going to complain about the insane imbalance of that college championship. But now that you mention it, the Seattle/Denver Super Bowl was extremely funny as someone living in Colorado who doesn't give a poo poo about the Broncos. Millions of shirts were already printed, banners already hung, and they got annihilated. Still a bit different since the underdog won, though, rather than the favorite absolutely curb stomping an upstart.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Lifespan posted:

Shoulda watched the semifinals in that case.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Lifespan posted:

It is not, but at least it is super rare.

The 12 team playoff format will probably make the championship games more balanced in exchange for basically always being filled with two of the same five teams.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Never forget

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Man, every game this weekend sounds good as hell.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Docjowles posted:

I was also going to complain about the insane imbalance of that college championship. But now that you mention it, the Seattle/Denver Super Bowl was extremely funny as someone living in Colorado who doesn't give a poo poo about the Broncos. Millions of shirts were already printed, banners already hung, and they got annihilated. Still a bit different since the underdog won, though, rather than the favorite absolutely curb stomping an upstart.

You forgot the best part, the first play of the game was a safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgfkFcVG8zc

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Bellmaker posted:

He should have been pulled from the Bills game and not been in the drat Bengals game it's not that hard folks

Rehashing this tired rear end argument isn’t worth it but placing the blame on McDaniel is incredibly dense. If it were a McDaniel problem, you wouldn’t see other teams having the literal exact same problems

Pitt has a QB who has multiple concussions both 1) started the very next game after being knocked out with a concussion + 2) was left in a game too long after a concussion because the Spotter missed it

New England had a player openly call out the nfl for not recognizing he needed to be pulled - a feat only accomplished by a fellow WR drawing attention to it. The nfl then corrected it… by saying the incident was handled correctly lol

It’s a league problem. Maybe I’m not seeing how but I just don’t think McDaniel is the source of the nfls concussion problem.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Nervous posted:

This is a very interesting point. We need MrLogan to provide an updated newsletter about how the refs hatred of the Raiders would interact with their desires to aid Tom Brady.

I honestly don't know. If they even get back to neutral then the Raiders have a good shot at winning the division. If they get +2 wins from refs loving TB12, then they are going 15-2.

Raiders would have made the playoffs easily this year with even mildly fair officiating. Blown calls/non-calls literally lost them 7 games this year (3 in prime time!).