Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Holy christ, using youtube comments as a defense.

Like... what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I have been getting spammed with Jordan Peterson videos in FB and its loving infuriating.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Me looking happy and well adjusted before I'm off to teach the youth about life

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

GABA ghoul posted:

Are the youths all out of frame, laughing?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Seriously, why is this visibly depressed man with a benzos addiction problem still being paraded around as a life guru in media? Like, I'm not judging and all that, but goddamn

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

audit the enclosures of the lavatory and you shall acquire a bonanza of erudition that buttresses my position

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Has he claimed to be happy and a good role model since his benzo addiction and induced coma?

If he isn’t, I guess he’s not doing anything dishonest in that regard by just remaining a public figure spewing his baleful and pathetic views.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm likely not alone in this, but I feel like the tide is definitely turning, wrt Jorp support in general.

Feels like a few years ago, you'd likely have otherwise normal thinking people buying into his bullshit, with only the ones who are really paying attention being critical of him. His problems wouldn't be quite so 'surface level'.

Now, he's clowned on himself SO much, it feels like the general public considers him a complete idiot.

Very glad for that :unsmith:
I forget if I've mentioned it, but anecdotally, my friend who was a sort of casual Jorp fan is now firmly anti-Jorp, and routinely shares Tall Bart videos with me.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Slugworth posted:

I forget if I've mentioned it, but anecdotally, my friend who was a sort of casual Jorp fan is now firmly anti-Jorp, and routinely shares Tall Bart videos with me.

Beautiful. I'm happy to hear that.

Even *I* can agree that one's room (and genitals) should be clean, so he's made at least one good point.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

GABA ghoul posted:

Like, I'm not judging and all that, but goddamn
As Jorp has failed to judge not, it is perfectly fine and indeed morally obligatory for he to be judged.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Halisnacks posted:

Has he claimed to be happy and a good role model since his benzo addiction and induced coma?

If he isn’t, I guess he’s not doing anything dishonest in that regard by just remaining a public figure spewing his baleful and pathetic views.

He is still selling his "10 secret life hack that are going to fix you in 10 min as a person" books though. He never retracted those(cause they very, very clearly couldn't fix his problems)

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
If I wrote a book and then subsequently had a mental breakdown and/or severe bout with substance abuse, I’d hope that I could still sell that book.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Yeeeeeah but what if that specific book was just full of advice about how we should handle those very issues that didn't work for you when you ran into those issues and thus proved that the advice in the book was useless? I mean I don't think anybody should stop him from selling it, but it's not a rousing recommendation for a buyer.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's not a popularity poll you fishwit

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
At this point I’d be more judgmental of someone who bought Jorp’s book than Jorp himself for still collecting royalties on it.

Also - and I’m not suggesting this is true in Jorp’s case - but it’s in principle possible to write a good book, even a self-help one, while being the wrong spokesperson for the ideas in it. Someone could
write a really learned treatise on how to manage anxiety and depression that could be very helpful to people, and the author could still end up an anxious and depressed person.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

So yeah there are a lot of very valid complaints about ol' ketamine Kermit's professionalism (or lack thereof)

https://mobile.twitter.com/atRachelGilmore/status/1611405636931141632

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Have you considered these youtube comments? Sir? Sir!?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Private Cumshoe posted:

Have you considered these youtube comments? Sir? Sir!?

It's the "letters to Santa Claus" courtroom scene, but people bringing in bags of printed-off tweets and Youtube comments.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mojo1701a posted:

It's the "letters to Santa Claus" courtroom scene, but people bringing in bags of printed-off tweets and Youtube comments.

"Coushatta" with Jorp riding all the way to Louisiana (or in his case, I don't know, Victoria BC) with a ton of postcards and letters saying how great he is.

I hope he doesn't hire Bob Odenkirk to play a Canadian pastor.

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

Quote-Unquote posted:

So yeah there are a lot of very valid complaints about ol' ketamine Kermit's professionalism (or lack thereof)

https://mobile.twitter.com/atRachelGilmore/status/1611405636931141632

I don’t know if any of that is really the sort of thing that you can deal with by calling the manager, though. I read the complaints, and I agree he’s a huge dick and it’s obviously childish and unprofessional of him to be posting this poo poo - but I also don’t think the complaints are obvious slam dunk violations of clear requirements placed on him by the licensing board.

if I were the licensing body in question, I’d just want the problem to go away - I would have no appetite for arguing about whether (e.g.) “you’re free to leave” means “i recommend you commit suicide” or not. Not wanting to get into it seems consistent with their extremely milquetoast request that he go to a short class about how not to be a dick online. no one thinks that would actually do anything, though of course he’s screaming bloody murder about the prospect and won’t go.

and the most dramatic option the licensing board has - taking away his professional credentials - doesn’t do anything either. he’s a writer and speaker, not a therapist. he doesn’t need his licensure for anything anymore except vague credentialism, and “I was stripped of my license for speaking Big Truths They Don’t Want You To Hear” is at least as good on that front as an actual license.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ask Dr. Andrew Wakefield if taking away a medical license is an ineffective punishment.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Stripping him of his license might be less about punishing him and more about trying to avoid bringing the profession into disrepute.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

SolTerrasa posted:

and the most dramatic option the licensing board has - taking away his professional credentials - doesn’t do anything either. he’s a writer and speaker, not a therapist. he doesn’t need his licensure for anything anymore except vague credentialism, and “I was stripped of my license for speaking Big Truths They Don’t Want You To Hear” is at least as good on that front as an actual license.

He will have that clout regardless, but getting to use his title makes the rest of them look like poo poo

gently caress him, strip his creds

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

And pants him.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

It says right here that BonerLordHitler420 says I've changed his life.

Who has said they changed your life today, woke not-youtube-commenter?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SolTerrasa posted:

Okay? So your argument is that idiots who want to believe him won't care that he was stripped of his licence...

So, who cares? Strip him of his licence so actual ethical psychologists don't have to keep apologising for the dude slowly animorphing into a swastika.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Also the same guy who is claiming he should be protected from the unwashed masses with their lol responses from their dark constellation of personality traits; but somehow fawning pseudonymous comments on YouTube are legit conversation.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Cross posting

Jordan peterson is small.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Hell hath no fury like a loser incel scorned.This ratio, jesus:

https://twitter.com/CPOntario/status/1605934689507676162?s=20

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Cross posting

Jordan peterson is small.

that's what she said

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

rotinaj posted:

He will have that clout regardless, but getting to use his title makes the rest of them look like poo poo

gently caress him, strip his creds

He’d still be Dr Peterson, unless someone else took away his PhD somehow.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

mojo1701a posted:

Started on part 2 of the latest Behind the Bastards with Robert and Cody talking about Peterson. I had no idea (or just forgot) that Peterson dropped all of his clinical patients like a hot potato the moment he got a taste of fame. The Ontario College of Psychologists can't come after him fast enough.

just listened to the episode and i'd just like to say 1) yeah he's (shock) a pretty scummy guy and 2) really wish the crew didn't waste literally TEN MINUTES(!) on some dumb racist song

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Jorp going to bat for Rogan and throwing shade at cnn....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWzwbR8VoE

its sad even with editing her cant stay on a port other than "I m so smart"

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Mr Interweb posted:

just listened to the episode and i'd just like to say 1) yeah he's (shock) a pretty scummy guy and 2) really wish the crew didn't waste literally TEN MINUTES(!) on some dumb racist song

Yeah, it was a bit much but whatever. It's a free podcast so I'm not going to complain.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So over the weekend Jorp started going after that reporter Rachel Gilmore for daring to put up that thread.
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1611911066274906113?t=T9Iq4QO9WS57Kt40bEtFeg&s=19

Dude cannot help himself.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Aup2-Zs74

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

So over the weekend Jorp started going after that reporter Rachel Gilmore for daring to put up that thread.
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1611911066274906113?t=T9Iq4QO9WS57Kt40bEtFeg&s=19

Dude cannot help himself.

insanity man

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

GABA ghoul posted:

party people in the house toniiiiiiiiiiight

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/TabathaSouthey/status/1612543604957782025

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

at first I thought this was from one of the jorp mock pages I follow but it's actually an ad that links out to a gardening store