Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The new OP is pretty good- for a second I thought it had Nakamura cuts in it but it's apparently not him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ive said it before but mha would have been a lot better, or at least been in a better position to potentially be good, if there had been a time skip

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Holy poo poo, not only was the episode a clip show, they even made the ED a clip show. It's, like, metatextual or something.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

oh jay posted:

Holy poo poo, not only was the episode a clip show, they even made the ED a clip show. It's, like, metatextual or something.

So they decided to put this year’s clip show episode in the middle of the series instead of right at the start, that’s weird

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

The new OP is pretty good- for a second I thought it had Nakamura cuts in it but it's apparently not him.

Eve ftw

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yamcha is the only loser cause he looks better with long hair.

As a Yamcha defender I have to agree with this

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Giving everyone an individual moment at a max rate of what seems to one per chapter does kind of grind the entire story to a crawl. It also is just tiring. If every week I'm like "Oh look, it's that guy who turns people into meatballs, he got revenge for his Nazi dad or whatever", its just very who gives a poo poo.

Now I want to read a MHA where the characters all have the magic powers from Dorohedoro.

Edit: Deku inherits the powers of All Might, who can turn people/objects into mushrooms.

Though I guess a character with a weaker version of this actually already exists.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 8, 2023

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
can you even call solo deku an arc when it was like two chapters

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Theres probably enough to make a fair few episodes. Muscular, Nagant and then the class knocking some sense into him.

If animated well it could be interesting to watch at least.

And then we get to wait for the shitshow thats going on now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Will this season end with the Star and Stripe fight?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think it would be a good starter for the next season. Theres probably enough left to finish out this series before that.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
end the season with that stupid All for One mansion explosion fakeout.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TheHan posted:

I still love with all of my heart that the entire drama with Nagant was utterly loving pointless because the information she heroically sacrificed herself to impart turned out to be a fake troll by AFO that literally no one mentioned ever again.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nagant is cool I wish she mattered

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TheHan posted:

I legitimately can't remember how much more of this "arc" there is before that, though. I feel like it's like four chapters away, hilariously.

hatty posted:

Nagant is cool I wish she mattered

Yeah same

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Would be kind of funny if they just added a filler episode or two about Deku's solo journeys. Feels like with the way the plot moves from this point forward, it's about the only place you could fit something like that in.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Put another movie with the entire class together in the middle of it

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

3 movies, each one about how Deku has to reluctantly team up with his classmates before going his own way again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Now that I think about it, wasn't there a Naruto movie more or less with the same premise? With Naruto teaming up with Sasuke to beat a movie villain and then Sasuke loving off again?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

There was a movie about being in the infinite dream state where everyone was their opposite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo4v2h1pJTY

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Now that I think about it, wasn't there a Naruto movie more or less with the same premise? With Naruto teaming up with Sasuke to beat a movie villain and then Sasuke loving off again?

The 2nd Shippuden movie, subtitled Bonds

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Kild posted:

There was a movie about being in the infinite dream state where everyone was their opposite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo4v2h1pJTY

So Sakura was the protagonist with the undivided attention from the plot?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

So Sakura was the protagonist with the undivided attention from the plot?

Yeah, her parents were the ones that saved everyone from the Fox.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Will this season end with the Star and Stripe fight?

Considering she's not in the OP, then either no, or lol, lmao

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What was the result of that fight? Didn't she hamstring AFO/Shigaraki for like two panels just for them to do their patented "nah I just decide that doesn't work on me" and then making it all a waste of time?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

He took New Order from her, but she'd changed it so it was incompatible with other Quirks. This led to AFO losing a bunch of Quirks, though the impact is questionable at best because we don't really know what he lost and he only used a few Quirks so far anyway.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

FireWorksWell posted:

He took New Order from her, but she'd changed it so it was incompatible with other Quirks. This led to AFO losing a bunch of Quirks, though the impact is questionable at best because we don't really know what he lost and he only used a few Quirks so far anyway.

Yeah, it would have been a lot more noticeable if she had destroyed a quirk like his super regen or even Decay, but instead it was an unknown number of random quirks.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, it would have been a lot more noticeable if she had destroyed a quirk like his super regen or even Decay, but instead it was an unknown number of random quirks.

Losing Decay would've been so cool. It'd show that, with all All for One has done to him, he's not even really Shigaraki anymore. If you do go with "I need to save Shigaraki" as your endgame, you could even have him bust it out at the end to show that he's back to being himself.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was very funny that one chapter where they explained New Order and the manga suddenly became Hunter x Hunter

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

I can't wait for All for One to suddenly go "Oh no, if only I hadn't lost (Quirk I've never used before)! I'd be able to win in this situation! drat you, Star and Stripe!"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I can't wait for All for One to suddenly go "Oh no, if only I hadn't lost (Quirk I've never used before)! I'd be able to win in this situation! drat you, Star and Stripe!"

This is the only possible outcome of that entire thing because of how unspecific it was.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Would've been a cool effect if the outcome from that was something like: forgot all the quirks he has or can't combine two quirks together.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Stars and Stripes deleted all of AfO's spare "poo poo your pants" Quirks.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I still love how incredibly, pointlessly mean and spiteful it is to hand out the "literally poo poo your pants constantly" quirk to a child as compensation for his parents selling out to you body and soul.

AfO was really good when he was just an rear end in a top hat puppetmaster instead of whatever he is now.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Is the "shitt yr pants" aspect part of the actual quirk or just a side effect of forcing a quirk into a quirkless body?

e: yeah it's the latter

(Ch. 337)

It's also pretty heavily foreshadowed in Chapter 168

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 10, 2023

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think it's a mix of both, where you'd have to learn not to poo poo your pants with it, and not being born with it might make that harder.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Little dude had a normal human body, and then was given a quirk that shoots a laser out of his bellybutton, without any of the adaptations that should’ve come with that. Like the original owner of the quirk probably had some sort of laser organ down there.

Of course he shits his pants all the time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There is probably also just a pants making GBS threads quirk out there somewhere

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

There is probably also just a pants making GBS threads quirk out there somewhere

It belongs to one Johnny Sasaki, hero name Akiba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Can AFO take heteromorphic qualities? I guess he can but quickly offloads them to Nomus instead of going around as a winged frog with a giant tail.
Thinking about if maybe the original laser guy had been born with like diamond abs and guts or something, and he just didn't give that part to Aoyama because he only promised a gift of one(1) quirk.