Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

: Finish the game

I made it through coordinate 136 in DDS over the weekend. No idea if I'm going to make it through the whole thing in a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

cerberus is like 80% through the game btw lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

mbt posted:

cerberus is like 80% through the game btw lol

drat really?

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah there's one shortish and one longer dungeon in the main story after Cerberus, with a lot of endgame side stuff available

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol like I said, haven't played it in quite a while. But I did all the optional stuff sans demifiend my first non ng+ run so I remember cerberus being closer to the middle

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

: Find all the Armor Upgrades

: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks

: Hadouken!

I'd already played this during a phase of emulating all the Mega Man games but it's been several years and it's good enough to be worth more than one playthrough

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

after 136, how much game is there yet?

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I think after 136 you're probably about 60% done with main story

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I got back to Cerberus in a little under 7 hours in ng+, but it would've been a lot slower without a bunch of the endgame mantras mastered

I dunno if it's better than waiting and grinding only at the end of ng+, but anyone going for demifiend, I'm glad I knocked out the other optional bosses the first time so I've got stuff like null ailment/death/element/phys for breezing through to get to him

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

There is no way I'm going for demifiend lol. I looked that fight up and it appears to be for true psychos only, even disregarding needing to grind all the way through NG+

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arch Nemesis posted:

There is no way I'm going for demifiend lol. I looked that fight up and it appears to be for true psychos only, even disregarding needing to grind all the way through NG+

I learned my lesson attempting Demi Fiend in SMT5 on Hard and will not be trying it in this game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Arch Nemesis posted:

I think after 136 you're probably about 60% done with main story

word. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna beat the game and try to beat the optional bosses but not the Demifiend. that's a bit much

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arch Nemesis posted:

its considered one of, or the, hardest jrpg fight ever. even knowing all of the tricks and AI bugs its an hour long jrpg battle at the whim of rng

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to try it without farming for noise :twisted:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mbt posted:

its considered one of, or the, hardest jrpg fight ever. even knowing all of the tricks and AI bugs its an hour long jrpg battle at the whim of rng

I'm going to try it a few times without exploiting whatever AI bugs there are and probably still fail and then murder him with AI bugs

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

mbt posted:

it rules when rpgs have hosed up superbosses. the first time i learned about abyssal god in etrian odyssey 3 i laughed so hard

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
trophy case for fun:

february:

Kagaya Homoraisan fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 28, 2023

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

null charm prevents the user from being charmed
null poison prevents the user from being poisoned
null sleep causes the user to evade all attacks while sleeping

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

null tv and null beer make homer something something

Trophy Case

Battle Mania Daiginjou
: Beat the game on Normal or Hard with either the 1 or 2 Way Shot
Prince of Persia
: Unleash the Shadow Prince
: Beat the game (SNES)
Out Zone
: Clear the first loop
Legend of Zelda
: Get the White Sword
: Beat the first quest
: Beat the second quest
Legend of Zelda 2: Adventure of Link
: Reach maximum in all stats
: Beat the game
: Beat the game without continuing (PLATINUM)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
: Confront and defeat Agahnim at the top of Hyrule Castle
: Get all the heart containers
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
: Learn the Ballad of the Wind Fish
: Beat the DX bonus dungeon
: Get the upgraded sword
Soul Blazer
: Lay Turbo to rest (obtain the Leaves of GreenWood)
: Defeat Lord Deathtoll
: Find every Sword/Armor/Magic
: Obtain the Magic Bell

Martman fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 4, 2023

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Martman posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Martman posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MARGE: Go crazy?
HOMER: Don’t mind if I do!!!! *casts Psycho Rage and crits entire party for lethal*

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

HOMER: Don’t mind if I do!!!! *casts Psycho Rage and crits entire party for lethal*

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Martman posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Martman posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Martman posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Martman posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Martman posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Martman posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Martman posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Spoderman posted:

: Find all the Armor Upgrades
: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks
: Hadouken!

fun start to the year. thanks for picking, the kins. i played this one a lot as a kid but never beat it before. i would just unlock the hadouken, get to sigma and get bored and start over again. so it’s nice to get closure.

it was my first time getting the hadouken, and it was specifically so i could cheese the sigma fight because the thought of playing it properly gave me and overwhelming feeling of apprehension

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nice try Sigma!

I think that's the first SNES game I've beaten. Not bad, there was some cool bosses (the gorilla face in sigma's castle was cool) but some of them were pretty mid. I don't play platformers too much so I don't think I'd play it again but it was cool to try something new.

It took me way too long to figure out how to get up the last elevator shaft to fight sigma lol.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

: Defeat Metatron
: Defeat Huang Long
: Defeat the Four Guardian Beasts

Woof. Guardian Beasts and Metatron weren't too much tougher than Fly Beelzebub, but Huang Long was on a whole other level.

Cool game. Like I said earlier, it's got a ton of style, the music is really good, and the press battle and fear systems are interesting. I think I like the limited number of skills you can have set at any given time - that plus the mantra system means you have to be really deliberate about how you go about building for a given fight - you don't have all the tools available that you might. Especially against these endgame bosses, one or two skills swapped out meant the difference between the fight being unwinnable or very easy.

The downside of the mantras especially though is that there's a ton of grinding required to get abilities that are farther away. This game definitely had more grinding than I prefer, especially for the endgame bosses. They're optional though so I can forgive it. If I were doing it again I'd probably be more intentional about making use of the field hunts to help mitigate the grind.

Nice pick, EE!

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

whoops, forgot screens

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

gently caress this thing

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

herculon posted:

gently caress this thing

spam it with storm eagle's weapon or spark mandril's

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

storm eagle's weapon also kills the big artillery turtles in one shot, if you get the angle and time it right you can kill a couple of them with one shot in sigma stage 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Always been a bad habit for me with Mega Man games is I never use special weapons outside of boss fights