Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SimonSays posted:

Don't know but it sure makes me think of going to Zellers.

Yeah definitely puts me in mind of buying a pair of orange tag Levis and grabbing a hot dog and floppy McCain fries at the lunch counter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

BonHair posted:

I once went to a performance art show consisting of like 5 dudes loving a building. It was weird, and they didn't even have erections.

Of course they didn’t, they were loving the building not erecting it

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Captain Splendid posted:

It is a clever bit of wordplay from our German friends

No... I'm Australian, and it's also just

Elviscat posted:

16 years after listening to Rammstein and online translated lyrics I remember what this means.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Hyperlynx posted:

No... I'm Australian, and it's also just

If it's an consolation, I prefer the sound of Australian accents to German ones.

But here's the wordplay:

"Du hast mich...." by itself sounds exactly the same as "Du hasst mich." (" You hate me"), but adding "gefragt" at the end, you realise "Oh, he was just saying "you asked me""

Figuring that out probably qualified for this thread.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Captain Splendid posted:

If it's an consolation, I prefer the sound of Australian accents to German ones.

But here's the wordplay:

"Du hast mich...." by itself sounds exactly the same as "Du hasst mich." (" You hate me"), but adding "gefragt" at the end, you realise "Oh, he was just saying "you asked me""

Figuring that out probably qualified for this thread.

Oh, you meant the original lyrics, not the joke we were making. v :shobon: v

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
The funny thing is, I’m American but I used to live in Germany. I speak fluent German (ehhhhhh, used to speak fluent German; it’s awfully rusty now). Anyway, I never considered the “du” when I made the meme. I guess I’m officially no longer fluent.

I have a mess of Dune/King if the Hill mashup memes I made for the KOTH thread a couple of years ago. When I get home I may post them here. It’s not like they’re timely.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Wait a minute, what's wrong with sleeping on your side?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Emily Spinach posted:

Wait a minute, what's wrong with sleeping on your side?

In the context of skincare Tiktok, it smushes your face and leads to premature wrinkling.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Have you washed your pillow sheets today? No?! And you're just gonna put your face on it? I'd be puking right now if it didn't strain the face muscles so much.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Dr Christmas posted:

In the context of skincare Tiktok, it smushes your face and leads to premature wrinkling.

skincare tiktok sounds like the gateway to plastic surgery tiktok

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
If you use your face... It'll get worn out

Best to simply not use your face

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Never break the seal on your face. Keep it in a dark and cool room to maintain mint condition and retain value.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Jabberlock posted:

skincare tiktok sounds like the gateway to plastic surgery tiktok

There’s an odd overlap but online skincare communities have always kinda been like that. Whatever makes people happy, I engage with it on my own terms (furiously searching for non-sponsored reviews, buckwild drama)

But yeah you should put some loving sunscreen on.

E: well if you’re going outside for more than like, five min, put some loving sunscreen on. So maybe it doesn’t apply for some goons

teen witch has a new favorite as of 08:55 on Jan 10, 2023

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

teen witch posted:

There’s an odd overlap but online skincare communities have always kinda been like that. Whatever makes people happy, I engage with it on my own terms (furiously searching for non-sponsored reviews, buckwild drama)

But yeah you should put some loving sunscreen on.

E: well if you’re going outside for more than like, five min, put some loving sunscreen on. So maybe it doesn’t apply for some goons

It's the middle of winter and overcast, and I'm only out when the sun is either setting or rising, I don't think I need sunscreen now.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Helios Grime posted:

It's the middle of winter and overcast, and I'm only out when the sun is either setting or rising, I don't think I need sunscreen now.

So this is contentious and the best way to go about it is to pretty much wear it when it isn’t night.

https://www.cancer.org.au/cancer-information/causes-and-prevention/sun-safety/about-sunscreen posted:

Cancer Council recommends using sunscreen every day on days when the UV Index is forecast to be 3 or above. Sunscreen should be incorporated into your daily morning routine on these days.
When UV levels are below 3, sun protection is not recommended, unless you work outdoors, are near reflective surfaces (like snow), or outside for extended periods.

https://www.aad.org/media/stats-sunscreen posted:

When should I use sunscreen?
You should apply sunscreen every day on skin not covered by clothing if you will be outside. The sun emits harmful UV rays year-round. Even on cloudy days, up to 80% of the sun’s harmful UV rays can penetrate the clouds.9

https://www.health.com/condition/skin-cancer/sun-protection-questions posted:

Can I Still Get a Sunburn After 5 P.M.?

Where there's sunlight, there's the potential for a burn, said Mary L. Stevenson, MD, of the Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology at NYU Langone Health. "It depends on how sensitive you are, but there's definitely still UV radiation occurring if there's still light."

Yes, Dr. Stevenson said, the sun's rays are typically strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Yet if you can see the sun, you could get burned, especially if you're fair-skinned and burn easily, Dr. Stevenson said.

Those dangerous hours are determined by how high the sun is in the sky, said Susan Y. Chon, MD, associate professor in the department of dermatology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. But they can vary depending on where you are.

"After 5 p.m. in, say, Seattle, the intensity of the sun might fluctuate with the season, but in Texas, it's still blazing hot and high in the sky," Dr. Chon said. Based on your location, you may be able to safely skip a 5 p.m. sunscreen reapplication—but when in doubt, put on some more.

Can I Get a Sunburn on a Cloudy Day?

I'll admit, I knew the answer to this one already—because I have lived it. I'm sensitive enough to the sun that I've burned on cloudy days and even one winter day while shoveling snow. But Dr. Chon helped me understand why: "The UV still penetrates cloud coverage."

There's a chance cloudy summer days could lead to worse burns, Dr. Chon said. Those gray days tend to feel cooler, so you might be inclined to stay outside longer or forget to reapply sunscreen than on sunnier days when you're so hot, that you seek out shade (or at least remember to lotion up). "People get sunburned all the time on an overcast day," Dr. Chon said.

Even if you don't burn on a cloudy day, UV rays are still potentially damaging and can age your skin, Dr. Stevenson said. So yes, you need sunscreen on cloudy days, on ski trips, on fall hikes—basically all year round.

https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/skin/basic_info/sun-safety.htm posted:

Protection from UV rays is important all year, not just during the summer. UV rays can reach you on cloudy and cool days, and they reflect off of surfaces like water, cement, sand, and snow. In the continental United States, UV rays tend to be strongest from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daylight saving time (9 a.m. to 3 p.m. standard time).

And specifically regarding winter:
https://www.gq.com/story/wear-spf-sunscreen-all-winter/

https://www.aad.org/public/everyday-care/sun-protection/shade-clothing-sunscreen/cold-weather

https://www.thecut.com/article/sunscreen-in-the-winter.html

https://www.skincancer.org/press/winter-sun-safety/

So it’s up to you

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

The sun is kind of a dick

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

By 50 I hope to have a face like an old leather couch someone threw out that's been washed into a culvert by a storm.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Sounds exhausting to worry so much.
I really only wear it when I know I'm not in the shade and out longer than 1hour

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

teen witch posted:

So this is contentious and the best way to go about it is to pretty much wear it when it isn’t night.

quote:

Texas

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

And people think I'm weird for wearing a hoodie year round :smug:

it's not because I have social anxiety and do not like to be touched so I try to hide as much of my body as I can.

yes, I'm in therapy

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I am not going to add this to the list of things to worry about.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Elviscat posted:

I am not going to add this to the list of things to worry about.

You're just playing into the Big Sun's hand

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

aniviron posted:

drat jim davis has been at this a lot longer than i thought

"I hate Mongols."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I sleep on my left side 90% of the time compared to my right, you can tell because my face is all smeared off toward the left

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Autisanal Cheese posted:

You know who you are.

:stare:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Let's just launch all the nukes and start over with the roaches and cuttlefish

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
A pre-teen with bum knees and a hosed up back.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The best answer to skincare is this guy:

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Finding some real ones out there today.

Broke: Bimbofication
Woke: Gaddafication

https://twitter.com/Rockybalbonga1/status/1612187703570743296?s=20&t=wURY3yDiha24hz13G_NMrA
[/url]

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Just get moisturizer with sunscreen in it and you'll never work a day in your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day