Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vandar posted:

Major Yugioh storylines tend to run for twelve sets / a full booster series, and this is the final set in this series. There's also no more room for lore cards in the setlist.

The going theory is that they're going to do a timeskip and do a part two, similar to the gaps between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 or Terminal 2 and Terminal 3.

Or there's just going to be more in the next set as well? We just introduced the fallen of sprights. They can just keep going, there's no new animr season to need a clean break with. Because none of the new card arts really show what happens to the True flame Albion dragon between its trap card these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dabir posted:

Who's saying either of these

Vandar posted:

Three years of the Abyss storyline.

Three years of watching Albaz and his buddies get their asses kicked all over the place.

Three years of waiting for the heroes to get a big win.

https://ygorganization.com/butmaybeweredying/

NOPE gently caress YOU THE BAD GUYS WIN.

I am in awe of the sheer audacity here.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I didn't say either of those things lol.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Just give Ecclesia a good ending please.

I will accept a stylish as hell death/final form.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cleretic posted:

Just give Ecclesia a good ending please.

I will accept a stylish as hell death/final form.

We had some leaks for this set (and like 90% of them have been true) that said she was supposed to get a 'dragon knight' form but there's no more room in the set for Abyss lore cards so maybe that got pushed back until later.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Ecclesia dies offscreen, on her way back to her home planet.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Hizke posted:

Ecclesia dies offscreen, on her way back to her home planet.

So is Ecclesia an Alien, a Graydle, or a Worm?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Vandar posted:

We had some leaks for this set (and like 90% of them have been true) that said she was supposed to get a 'dragon knight' form but there's no more room in the set for Abyss lore cards so maybe that got pushed back until later.

Isn't that new despia fusion with evilcclesia and the Despia Dragon?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

AweStriker posted:

So is Ecclesia an Alien, a Graydle, or a Worm?

Kozmo, actually.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

meanwhile im over here in the corner like :sickos: because new dual avatar card

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mix. posted:

I just want the new superheavy please I'm normal and can be trusted with the hyper interactions and combos in my all monster deck.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mix. posted:

Its really is extremely good for the deck. It doesnt solve all of their probpems but at the very least this allows the deck to function in a timely manner.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So this new Myutant pack, is it anything worth seriously investing in, or nah?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
The upcoming event has been leaked, and it looks like it's gonna be pretty fun:

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/leaks-and-updates

Solo Mode archetypes only.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

they can't stop making events for megalith

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dabir posted:

they can't stop making events for megalith

"In addition, some cards cannot be used for game balance reasons."

Let's hope/cope that Megalith get nuked.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
For once they are smart to sell low meta cards that people have to use in event.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
New Event could be fun. I hope they're careful with the banlist. If they let us use generic stuff, I think I'll be going with Beetrooper.

Therion really needed 4 UR's, huh. I guess I'm saving up for the next pack.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Obvious picks:
- Plunder Patroll (decent, self contained modern deck)
- Megalith (good deck with its own plays, plus it will have access to the very powerful Herald line)
- Beetrooper (decent modern deck, but could suffer a lot depending on how strict the ban list is. If it's limited to only directly Beetrooper associated cards it loses a lot of its powerful plays)
- Orcust (somewhat outdated but very powerful in its time. Might suffer from lack of starters without generic cards to pitch Harp Horror)
- e: and myutant of course

There's also some good OTK strategies in Crusadia and Mekk-Knight, although idk how well those will work without generic going second tools.

I'm looking forward to this event providing the banlist hits some of the obviously strong decks, it should be substantially different to ladder.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 10, 2023

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
No idea what to run, any deck that counter at least two of the loaner?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Masterduelmeta recently featured a Giant Ballpark going second deck that's surprisingly fun.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Ballpark is really fun and has some interesting interactions. And it's a cheap deck to craft. It's just worse than ever to blind second right now.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Mathmech Circular hitting before the broken POTE archetypes is potentially big. It really does everything for the deck.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Just need Witchcrafter Vice-Madame to show up and my only not caught up to cardboard deck will be Labyrinth.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Ardeem posted:

Just need Witchcrafter Vice-Madame to show up and my only not caught up to cardboard deck will be Labyrinth.

I made a witchcrafters deck but I’m not sure how to play it lol

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Testing out the Ballpark deck in the casual duel mode... gently caress me is casual duel mode useless for practising a deck. "Oh, you have literally any interruption at the first move I make? Well, I'd better surrender then."

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I take back everything bad I said about casual mode. Look at this glorious disaster of a deck:

The basic gameplan seemed to be:
1) Put a copy of Morphing Jar #2 in the graveyard
2) Activate All-Out Attacks
3) Use Reverse Reuse to set the Morphing Jar #2 to the opponent's side of the field.

From there, All-Out Attacks would force it to flip up, activating its ability. I think the goal was to have this activation mill all three copies of Lucky 7 as an alternative wincon. However, what ended up happening was a Morphing Jar #2 coming up before any copies of Lucky 7. This created an infinite loop in which Morphing Jar #2 kept getting set to their field, then flipped by All-Out Attacks, activating, until the only card that remained in their deck was a singular copy of Morphing Jar #2.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You mean Jackpot 7? Yeah, that's a weird way to try and win off Jackpot. The much easier way is to give your opponent a Dark Scorpion Burglars, then use Hippo Carnival and attack all three tokens into the Burglars.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I've had that exact OTK used against me within like two weeks of Master Duel coming out. I think I actually brought it up in this thread.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Hizke posted:

I made a witchcrafters deck but I’m not sure how to play it lol

Did you go with Grass or some sort of non-degenerate game plan? Either way, your goals for the end of your first turn are (and in order)
1) Have Madame Verre on the field.
2) Have Bystreet either on the field or in the graveyard
3) Have as many other Witchcrafter spell cards in rotation as possible

*bonus*

4) Have Aruru in your hand
5) Have some other forms of interuption (Magician's Hands and restage are fun times)
5) Have Haine on the field.

People will often Maxx C when you summon one of the lower level Witchcrafters, their summoning ability is a quick effect and if you chain it to Maxx C, they don't get a draw off of it.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Ardeem posted:

Did you go with Grass or some sort of non-degenerate game plan? Either way, your goals for the end of your first turn are (and in order)
1) Have Madame Verre on the field.
2) Have Bystreet either on the field or in the graveyard
3) Have as many other Witchcrafter spell cards in rotation as possible

*bonus*

4) Have Aruru in your hand
5) Have some other forms of interuption (Magician's Hands and restage are fun times)
5) Have Haine on the field.

People will often Maxx C when you summon one of the lower level Witchcrafters, their summoning ability is a quick effect and if you chain it to Maxx C, they don't get a draw off of it.

Sick, thank you. I actually built it in cardboard so i can't do any fun things with grass, but this is good stuff.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Oh, then you've got
2.5) Have Vice-Madam on the field.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Since you get a full refund for breaking down copies of newly-limited cards that you have more than legally-allowed copies of, and can potentially roll glossy versions that break down for even more, can you hypothetically make infinite points in whatever rarity by repeatedly crafting and breaking down copies, or is there something in place to prevent those shenanigans?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Regalingualius posted:

Since you get a full refund for breaking down copies of newly-limited cards that you have more than legally-allowed copies of, and can potentially roll glossy versions that break down for even more, can you hypothetically make infinite points in whatever rarity by repeatedly crafting and breaking down copies, or is there something in place to prevent those shenanigans?

You only get the full refund for however many of the playset were banned once.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I am LEAPING at the chance to make a Myutant deck for that event, but god drat, it's hard to find a deck to build based off for it, most people put extra sauce in with it that won't be legal.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

GEM KNIGHTS SWEEP

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/The_Boundless_Open_Land

So this card name is a reference to the original start of hte storyline where the place was called 'The CLosed-Off Land" and features a very obvious happy ending. So it looks like we just don't have all the plot cards yet like people thought.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 12, 2023

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I can't believe how much fun I'm having with the Giant Ballpark deck. I decided to crank out a few dailies before bed and went 4-0 in platinum rank against Mathmech, Numeron OTK, Adamancipator and Sky Strikers. I still don't grasp half the link lines, but the deck has definitely given me an appreciation for I:P Masquerena. Also, it's amusing how sometimes the best play when you have Giant Ballpark up is to just Kaiju their biggest threat, summoning your own Kaiju, then cracking your opponent in the face to the tune of 6000 damage off of Giant Ballpark's activation before setting up your own board in Main Phase 2.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

GEM KNIGHTS SWEEP

https://yugipedia.com/wiki/The_Boundless_Open_Land

So this card name is a reference to the original start of hte storyline where the place was called 'The CLosed-Off Land" and features a very obvious happy ending. So it looks like we just don't have all the plot cards yet like people thought.
Well, poo poo.

I was wrong! Happy ending after all. Neat. It's also really cute that it can grab every character pictured on the card.

It's also just a really loving solid card for pure Branded decks (or hybrids that use an archetype with no/a lovely field spell).

Edit: The best get if you already have Albaz is Springans Kitt, right? So she can grab you the Branded spell you're missing out on by using this card instead of the Despia field or Magical Meltdown or whatever.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 12, 2023

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

How good is Salamangreat in the current meta? I’ve got pretty much all of the URs (just missing some generic hand traps), but Link summoning I’m still rusty on.

What’s the difference in what goals you should be aiming for going first vs second? Going second, the obvious endgame is to use Accesscode to destroy your opponent’s board with impunity, but since it’s not a quick effect, that power is diminished if you’re going first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

How good is Salamangreat in the current meta? I’ve got pretty much all of the URs (just missing some generic hand traps), but Link summoning I’m still rusty on.

What’s the difference in what goals you should be aiming for going first vs second? Going second, the obvious endgame is to use Accesscode to destroy your opponent’s board with impunity, but since it’s not a quick effect, that power is diminished if you’re going first.

They are alright but not particular strong or weak. Going first, there are some variation of endboards, but I think the strongest involve setting up Bagooska and then Heatsoul and/or Salamangreat link monster with the omninegate.