Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Now that’s a fuckin party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

finally got the real peavey grind. not the non-vietnamese made dogshit. the real deal. it slays

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

CV Thing, now I can send Triad to Hydrasynth, and do any number of other things. Easy, it's a great little MIDI computer.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
The last of the guitars for a while

Firefly Baritone, 30" scale. More or less the same as the Sub-Zero copy of the Squier Baritone Jazzmaster. So far so good, but I think they have the wrong strings on this for the scale length. Tuned A-to-a and they're pretty stiff. They did that on the 27" scale Tele Baritones, too, which had regular guitar strings.

Hondo Fame Series 760, made by Samick in the late 80s, same guitars were sold as Squiers and Epiphones a year or two later.

And this one I did not buy or expect, still not sure if this is "mine" yet. Basically, I got two tracking #s for the Hondo, and this was in the second box. Waiting to hear from the seller, but I have a feeling they don't even know it shipped to me and aren't going to pay to have it picked up and brought back then sent to whoever it was supposed to go to since that'll run them around what it's worth.

Dean Dime from Hell Baby ML. Not something I would buy on purpose, but gently caress yeah I'll take it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I got the Joyo King of Kings and it loving rawks. Two guvernators.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Got my Strat in today, been wanting one ever since I started playing years ago and saw a "used" one for a great price that still had the protective stickers on it and the case/manual/certificate with it.

Protected by solid snake like all good guitars. Had to make a few tiny adjustments to get the intonation right on a few strings but the action and pickups were perfect and it plays incredibly. My Ibanez has a really easy playing neck but this Strat is on another level. Very happy I bought this instead of a PS5.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That is THE right color.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Huxley posted:

That is THE right color.

I wasn't even specifically looking for a Strat on Reverb, just browsing, til I saw that color was an option on the newer Pro II models and that + the price made me grab it.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Mr E posted:

Got my Strat in today, been wanting one ever since I started playing years ago and saw a "used" one for a great price that still had the protective stickers on it and the case/manual/certificate with it.

Protected by solid snake like all good guitars. Had to make a few tiny adjustments to get the intonation right on a few strings but the action and pickups were perfect and it plays incredibly. My Ibanez has a really easy playing neck but this Strat is on another level. Very happy I bought this instead of a PS5.

Are you in Seattle by any chance?

I saw one the other day, just like that (maybe it was seafoam) for $500 and almost pulled the trigger but it has since sold.

I don't need another guitar but drat.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Verman posted:

Are you in Seattle by any chance?

I saw one the other day, just like that (maybe it was seafoam) for $500 and almost pulled the trigger but it has since sold.

I don't need another guitar but drat.

Nope but at $500 I'm surprised you even saw it at all before it sold.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Mr E posted:

Nope but at $500 I'm surprised you even saw it at all before it sold.

Oh I didn't see it in person, just on marketplace. You don't see a lot of maple neck strats and $500 for a Mexican in good shape, and a good color, is a pretty good price.

If it came with a hard case I wouldn't have even thought twice about it. I don't have a case for fender guitars so that would've sealed the deal.

I keep looking at my squire standard strat (first guitar) and debate finishing it. I tore it apart to refinish but the urethane base filler over the wood cracked and now I'm thinking it's not worth the effort. I crowned and leveled the frets so the neck is very playable but it needs a new pickguard and pickups.

Or for $500 I could've had a great fender strat already done. I'm not about to spend $400 on parts for a squire.

There is a nice sky blue fat strat for not much more but again, I don't need more guitars.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
seeing the number of guitars that serious guitarists get, makes me feel less bad about how much eurorack stuff I buy, and also the fact that I own 3 guitars and basically can't play. (One very modest nylon string classical that was my moms, a very modest Oscar Schmidt telecaster knockoff, and a ~ $500 Bluebird steelstring acoustic my dad gave me because he basically only plays his ~$6000 Taylor).

If nothing else I can make my own string samples p easily. Playing an electric through a whole matrix of euro distortions is fun, too.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

new case and a rando assortment of modules. This isn't their forever home, but it's available space at the moment until more rack room arrives, and I stop realising I'm missing some vital component, like envelopes.

And since I've been using it with other gear, I thought I should see if I can make anything with the little box on its own.
https://soundcloud.com/beer-chiller/mini-case-jam

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

B33rChiller posted:

new case and a rando assortment of modules. This isn't their forever home, but it's available space at the moment until more rack room arrives, and I stop realising I'm missing some vital component, like envelopes.

And since I've been using it with other gear, I thought I should see if I can make anything with the little box on its own.
https://soundcloud.com/beer-chiller/mini-case-jam

that was a lot more tonal than I expected looking at the case! what did you use for the bass and lead (I assume to feed the comb on the latter)?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

JamesKPolk posted:

that was a lot more tonal than I expected looking at the case! what did you use for the bass and lead (I assume to feed the comb on the latter)?
Yeah, surprisingly not awful!
It's basically 2 voices in 2 parallel channels. Melody from the self oscillating filter/vca, split to go dry and through the comb filter, then into the mixer. The drum module does the same kind of thing. One dry signal, one through the bit crusher/slicer.
I used the Turing machine for a sequence, and just a couple pulses from the gate output on dystopia to set the clock divider running, and euclid for rhythm.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 24, 2023

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
got this as a birthdary gift. having a lot of fun playing with it

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CatBlack posted:

got this as a birthdary gift. having a lot of fun playing with it

Happy birthday! Still getting my shop set up. I just took receipt of this baby, too tired to play with it so I'm just watching the vids.

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh
My sort of latest purchase is this beauty:

I wanted a stingray for the longest time and finally found one I liked.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Stingrays fuckin rule. Hell yes.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I bought this Player Mustang 90 along with the amp a couple of months ago.

I picked up these edrums just a couple days ago. I've never played drums in my life but it seemed like a good idea and I'm having a blast with the stick control book already.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Dang those drums look sweet. Just checking out a youtube review.
Here's my eurorack stuff.
Decided to buy some stuff, then realised I wanted some other stuff, then realised I needed more space, then ooh look at that shiny module, then needed more space.
I have enough for a couple voices, and a percussion section. That should do me for now. Except cables. That's almost every cable I own, and I ran out of mults before I was really finished with the patch. I should also probably get a buffered mult. But that's it, no more. honest.
Anyhow, here's what I recorded of messing around to try it all together https://soundcloud.com/beer-chiller/all-the-cables

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

muike posted:

finally got the real peavey grind. not the non-vietnamese made dogshit. the real deal. it slays

ooh, that's a sexy bass! always love a natural finish, and the woodgrain on this one looks sick! she slays in more way than one lol, so gorgeous i wanna grind my own peavey if you catch my drift! :D (i'd give anything to gently caress this bass!!)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the first 1/4" is free

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

My first hollow body! I got a great price on it because of some belt buckle rash, but it sounds amazing with some flatwound 12s

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Armacham posted:

My first hollow body! I got a great price on it because of some belt buckle rash, but it sounds amazing with some flatwound 12s

The buckle rash just means someone liked it enough to play it a bunch - patina like that adds character. Love the wood grain.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
New guitars day

Hondo H-732 in red. The price was right, but it's nothing special.

~1978-1980 Magnum branded version of the Hondo HD-DC/HD-770, which I also have

And like that one...

Made in USA 70s DiMarzio K-10 Humbuckers. Also like that one, about 7.5 lbs with an ash body, ash top, and a set neck.

It's also a smaller version of my Squier Esprit.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Are the k-10s just super distortions? I thought that was basically all anyone put in their guitars from dimarzio in that era

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

muike posted:

Are the k-10s just super distortions? I thought that was basically all anyone put in their guitars from dimarzio in that era

More or less, but with non-adjustable pole pieces. The early catalogs called them Super-IIs, but they are different from both.

I don't know if they were made specifically for Samick, but that's where I've seen them. Only used from ~1979-1982/3. Samick-built guitars in that time with the DiMarzios would have the MOP inlay and a sticker, which I have yet to see on a current guitar. I imagine that got peeled off with the model # and "Made in Korea" stickers.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Ah cool! reminds me of when Dimarzio made the stock pickups for the first batch of non-vai ibanez 7s and everyone didn't really know what they were

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

GAS is real. Got a second chance at a tree fiddy opsix from someone who decided they didn't have space for it (and hadn't redeemed the VST code, either!). Tree eighty shipped plus G&S, I can deal with that, if I decide I hate it, shouldn't be hard to get that back.

e: cosmix is new, too

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 21, 2023

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

I now own an Octavio Pedal.

https://soundcloud.com/blackhandaus/octavio-demo
Note: Starts off with the volume on my strat rolled down to 0, then I throw it up to full. Rotary Pedal at the end 'cos why the gently caress not?

It is hilariously good fun. Like one of the most fun things I've ever bought for a guitar.

It's a very simple thing.

If you want to be some sort of loving wanker who plays "notes" or "chords" or "melodies" then you don't use this pedal.

If you want to blow poo poo up? You use this pedal.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

A pedal that I ordered 18 months ago finally arrived. It came with a "Thank You" card, which was nice.

It sounds really cool in a Marshall-y kind of way, as advertised.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
I got this dope pedal from Ukraine. It's basically a mad professor stone grey distortion, but with an extra "fat" knob that changes the character of the distortion. Sounds as good as it looks, I'll have to record some riffs later.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I bought this Gold Foil Jazzmaster today

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

TotalLossBrain posted:

I bought this Gold Foil Jazzmaster today

How's the QC?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

It's great, couldn't find anything to complain about really.
I picked this up at a local store (Thunder Road Guitars Portland). They do a fantastic job setting up every guitar they sell and I have yet to see something with bad QC in there, even the Squiers they had were flawless

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I will say that on the couple of fender gold foils my shop has seen (tele and a bass) the necks needed to be cleaned badly before we could put them up on the floor. Like it’s ebony but had a bunch of white chalky stuff on the fretboard so it was really noticeable out if the box. It’s not end of the world but was a little strange.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I bought a surfing cat strap for it! But it might go better on my surf green Pawn Shop, we will see.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

a little insulted you drop a picture like that with no link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Oooof, sorry.

link