Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

Hey remember all those murders and poo poo happening at Fort Bragg?

Panic grips Special Forces community amid investigation into drugs, human trafficking

quote:

"This is what happens when there is no war, no direction, and an 18-month red cycle with no mission," a Special Forces soldier said. "So dudes are loving around with young kids and the craziest drugs. All these lives ruined because people are just bored."

Yes, this is "what happens" when you're bored because there's nobody foreign to go kill or get ready to go kill, boredom makes you traffic drugs and pimp underage girls to your fellow soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Drug trafficking at Ft. Bragg May have been going on for quite some time, if you want to believe Timothy McVeigh.

I mean if there's one trustworthy source in the world it's Timothy McVeigh. He never got anything wrong.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's a foundation called deliver fund where ex special forces, ex intelligence and ex alphabet soup agents work to stop human trafficking and their work is incredible.

I dont believe a word of what Timothy mcveigh says.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Tim McVeigh told me you can do a “nudalilty” in Mortal Kombat II

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

General Dog posted:

Tim McVeigh told me you can do a “nudalilty” in Mortal Kombat II

He's the one who spread the rumor about naked Samus...what a jerk...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Speaking of Mortal Kombat....

https://twitter.com/psychotronica_/status/1610820843520622593

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I wonder if he’s kept up with MK11. Some nasty stuff.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

I like the Cassie Cage one where she kicks out a guy's middle then takes a kissy face heart selfie in the hole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_cGp_o5Nk0

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

I like the Cassie Cage one where she kicks out a guy's middle then takes a kissy face heart selfie in the hole

Now that's just cute

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Tim McVeigh drank pickle juice and was obsessed with the song Bad Company, seems pretty trustworthy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bad company is a pretty lit song.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I don’t like that Bragg story, it’s sad

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

What a little cinnibun :3:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Pickle juice chaser after a shot of Jameson is a strangely magical combo, and will increase your sodium levels to match your BAC.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

Pickle juice chaser after a shot of Jameson is a strangely magical combo, and will increase your sodium levels to match your BAC.

You have never heard of a Pickle back?!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ether Frenzy posted:

My kidneys ache just reading this.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Amy Pole Her posted:

You have never heard of a Pickle back?!

Before my buddy’s wedding we were holed up in a small room all day so obviously shooting whiskey. We had a bunch of sandwiches catered so there was a pile of pickles that came with them and I was taking a big ol bite after every shot. I probably ate three whole pickles that day.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Well either I invented it or yes, I have heard of it :v: Certainly not as common a concept in LA spots as Chicago/East Coast bars though.

One of the bars that was near my old office threw in pickle spears with every sandwich just so there'd always be sufficient stock of (real) pickle juice. That neon pseudo-juice crap they sell in liquor stores is foul. I wonder why Claussen or the other refrigerated brands don't just sell full jars of it.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
We have a tradition that started with a pickle-based alcohol drink.

Two friend/coworkers decided to toast to Groundhog's Day Eve, on Feb. 1, but the only thing they could scrounge up in their drinks cabinet was a combo of Goldschlager and pickle brine, and they called it the Angry Groundhog. The side event to this was 'ice cream cone races', where one person would challenge another to fully eat one of those store-bought cardboardy ice cream cones before the other person could.

After the second year of this, Guam stopped carrying Goldschlager, or any other cinnamon-based liquor, other than Fireball, which was rejected. The challenge, then, was to find a drink combination that was "Surprisingly Not Awful", which would be crowned the Groundhog's Day Eve winner. The ice cream cone races continued unabated.

So contestants would go through the host's kitchen and use whatever liquors, mixers, spices, and other various ingredients that were available to create a Surprisingly Not Awful drink. 5 minutes per round, knockout style, until a winner emerged. Drinks that were too good or too bad would lose. It had to be something that looked or smelled bad, but the taste was better than expected.

I have a few weeks to prepare for the next one.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

I tried my damnedest and couldn't find it but somewhere out there is a video of one of the 3D Mortal Kombat games where the fatalities are reversed so they affect the one performing it. Like say Goro ripping off someone's head but he just tugs and tugs until his own head comes off sort of thing.

Searching "Mortal Kombat fatalities reversed," "swap," "backwards," and "wrong person" didn't turn up anything. :saddumb:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Abugadu posted:

We have a tradition that started with a pickle-based alcohol drink.

Two friend/coworkers decided to toast to Groundhog's Day Eve, on Feb. 1, but the only thing they could scrounge up in their drinks cabinet was a combo of Goldschlager and pickle brine, and they called it the Angry Groundhog. The side event to this was 'ice cream cone races', where one person would challenge another to fully eat one of those store-bought cardboardy ice cream cones before the other person could.

After the second year of this, Guam stopped carrying Goldschlager, or any other cinnamon-based liquor, other than Fireball, which was rejected. The challenge, then, was to find a drink combination that was "Surprisingly Not Awful", which would be crowned the Groundhog's Day Eve winner. The ice cream cone races continued unabated.

So contestants would go through the host's kitchen and use whatever liquors, mixers, spices, and other various ingredients that were available to create a Surprisingly Not Awful drink. 5 minutes per round, knockout style, until a winner emerged. Drinks that were too good or too bad would lose. It had to be something that looked or smelled bad, but the taste was better than expected.

I have a few weeks to prepare for the next one.

One time in college I was at my then-GFs place. City locked down from snow. Not much in the liquor cabinet so I decided to combined Bubblegum Vodka and Butterscotch Schnapps. Sounds awful, but was actually decent. I named it the Bubble Butt.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

For a time there we used to fill one of those water cooler jugs with some vodka, fruit punch, whatever bottles of white wine were lying around and ginger ale and drink that on ice when we were all poor students.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pickle juice is an incredible eraser for the worst trailing taste of cheap tequila, and thus it should be classified as a weapon of mass destruction.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I used to mix Blackberry Manishevitz or Carlo Rossi Sangria and whatever cheap vodka was around in my early 20s. It got you drunk but the hangovers were awful.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I just do Diet Pepsi and vodka

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I just drink whisky in the dark like a gumshoe

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Well of course she does, COVID isn't real :colbert:

If it's not real then why do I have it :colbert:

(poo poo)

Dodged it for a long time but it finally got me

I'm vaxed and boosted so hopefully it'll be very mild

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

All covid is mild!!! Haven’t you paid attention to national narrative?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

BlindSite posted:

For a time there we used to fill one of those water cooler jugs with some vodka, fruit punch, whatever bottles of white wine were lying around and ginger ale and drink that on ice when we were all poor students.

Handle of vodka, 30 pack of Keystone or Natty, and one or two cans of lemonade concentrate. Went by a couple of names - Mop Bucket Water, Batman's Groove Juice :v:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Picklebacks own. Taking a swig of pickle brine after a long workout or during a hangover also a pro move.

Unrelated but lol rumor has it the WWE just got sold to the Saudis. Thoughts Mel I'm pretty sure you still read this thread?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Saudis have fingers in a lot of pies sports wise. They own 10% of like 50% of sports poo poo out there including racing teams and the ufc.

If there's a low bar to partial ownership and it turns even a mild profit they're in there.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Intruder posted:

If it's not real then why do I have it :colbert:

(poo poo)

Dodged it for a long time but it finally got me

I'm vaxed and boosted so hopefully it'll be very mild

With the bivalent I was completely fine beyond a little congestion, so hopefully you’ll feel the same. Goonspeed

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

BlindSite posted:

Saudis have fingers in a lot of pies sports wise. They own 10% of like 50% of sports poo poo out there including racing teams and the ufc.

If there's a low bar to partial ownership and it turns even a mild profit they're in there.

The Saudis have a ton of money everywhere, but this is also supposedly taking the company private and putting Vince back as the head

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah sorry, I meant to write a little more and got distracted because I was going to ask if they bought 15% or 51% because that's the bigger deal

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm glad that my relationship to wrestling is looking up old wrestlers on wiki now and then when something reminds me of them (and mainly discovering that they're dead it seems), otherwise I'd have to angry about this.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I only regret that Lucha Underground isn't a thing anymore.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I'm glad that my relationship to wrestling is looking up old wrestlers on wiki now and then when something reminds me of them (and mainly discovering that they're dead it seems), otherwise I'd have to angry about this.

You're one step ahead of the Saudis here

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Quiet Feet posted:

I only regret that Lucha Underground isn't a thing anymore.

That was some wild poo poo.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

wandler20 posted:

That was some wild poo poo.

It was just the most insane poo poo you would ever see on a wrestling show and kept topping itself constantly. Like time traveling alien man and the literal actual dragon dude who went from rivals to best friends. And the promoter feeding lovely wrestlers to his caged brother. Helped that the matches were brilliant too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Quiet Feet posted:

It was just the most insane poo poo you would ever see on a wrestling show and kept topping itself constantly. Like time traveling alien man and the literal actual dragon dude who went from rivals to best friends. And the promoter feeding lovely wrestlers to his caged brother. Helped that the matches were brilliant too.

What!?