Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Why would you listen to something that has you "wishing for death" sped up or at normal speed?

I thought it was implied by my phrasing, but I don't. I typically prefer written information, though well-produced videos on interesting topics are fine.

It does mean mandatory First Aid / Sexual Harassment courses even more torturous than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Desert Bus posted:

You KNOW that cake is Vegan and probably terrible too.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
You have to be REAL confident in your vegan buttercream before you go making a sheet cake of it. "Natalie Portman is 100% my IRL girlfriend" level confidence.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
That pic is so weird. I looked up their ages at the time. It's from 1999 and Moby was 33-34 and Natalie Portman had just turned 18. Moby claimed in his memoir that he "dated" Portman when she was 20 in 1999, which she was not (shoulda checked her wikipedia page, dude). 33 and 20 is already a pretty sketchy age gap to begin with, but reading between the lines it seems pretty likely to me that Moby was creepily obsessed her when she was still a minor and "made his move" when she turned 18 and became "legal", got rejected, then tried to brag about it.

I still have no loving idea who Moby is (besides "likely pedophile").

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Moby did the song from the bourne movies

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Who was the other guy who was obsessed with that poor girl. A writer I think

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Voyager I posted:

I thought it was implied by my phrasing, but I don't. I typically prefer written information, though well-produced videos on interesting topics are fine.

It does mean mandatory First Aid / Sexual Harassment courses even more torturous than usual.

the pivot from written articles to video was seriously the worst

no i will not watch a video essay that's longer than the movie it's about

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

endocriminologist posted:

Jonathan Safran Foer

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

ilmucche posted:

Moby did the song from the bourne movies

And a really bad rendition of the James Bond theme.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

endocriminologist posted:

I briefly worked with someone who went to college with her, and he said that she was really mean and wouldn’t talk to anyone or go to any parties or anything, and I 100% understand why.

Imagine being a child actor and your first movie is directed by a pedophile and is inspired by the true-life story of how the pedophile trapped his victim, who is the same age as you, into marriage with him.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

DontMockMySmock posted:

I still have no loving idea who Moby is (besides "likely pedophile").

He had a few hits in the late 90s, most notably one with Gwen Stefani when house techno mad a resurgence.

I just find it shocking that Eminem actually ended up being the better person a feud with someone from that era.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I AM GRANDO posted:

Imagine being a child actor and your first movie is directed by a pedophile and is inspired by the true-life story of how the pedophile trapped his victim, who is the same age as you, into marriage with him.

Made worse by that pedophile and true-life story being the director, Luc Besson

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Pedophilia and making The Fifth Element, two unforgivable crimes

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

credburn posted:

The cake is undoubtedly vegan but you can make delicious vegan cakes now. The "vegan food tastes bland" thing hasn't been relevant since the 90s.

Gluten free food can go to chewy cardboard hell, though.

It’s not terrible because it’s a vegan cake, it’s terrible because it’s a vegan cake made by Moby.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the singles from Play are still pretty good tracks

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

christmas boots posted:

It’s not terrible because it’s a vegan cake, it’s terrible because it’s a vegan cake made by Moby.

Tastes like a hot iMac G3, somehow.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Alaois posted:

the singles from Play are still pretty good tracks

First album to ever have ALL of its tracks licensed to other media (but mostly because Moby was so broke he had to recoup costs. In fact, his previous album sold so poorly he was thinking of quitting music altogether and this was meant to be his last hurrah).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Eminem was right!

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
natural blues ain't bad but probably because it's mostly someone else's song

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Moby was a pretty great guest on Space Ghost Coast to Coast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEfo080ryB4

Asynchronous Event
Dec 9, 2021

Desert Bus posted:

It was a bad joke from the Sagas thread that stuck to them like glue. But I can't prove they weren't Moby.

Right???

UitM told an atrocity denier to kill themselves via PM.
He let a pro-russian cspammer annoy him and ate a ban for it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Asynchronous Event posted:

UitM told an atrocity denier to kill themselves via PM.
He let a pro-russian cspammer annoy him and ate a ban for it.

But does this prove they were not Moby? They had multiple AV's saying they might be Moby.

Asynchronous Event
Dec 9, 2021

Desert Bus posted:

But does this prove they were not Moby? They had multiple AV's saying they might be Moby.

Well he wasn't creepy enough to be Moby for sure but otherwise it is an open question.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I think Forums User Desert Bus is working very hard to convince everyone that Ugly in the Morning is Moby, but has anyone ever seen Desert Bus and Moby in the same room together?

Just asking questions. :tinfoil:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Blue Moonlight posted:

I think Forums User Desert Bus is working very hard to convince everyone that Ugly in the Morning is Moby, but has anyone ever seen Desert Bus and Moby in the same room together?

Just asking questions. :tinfoil:

In the past 19 years I have managed to create two forum legacies. The first is equating UitM to Moby, the second is making sure everyone knows sucking your own dick is more like sucking dick than having your dick sucked. Which one would you lean into???

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Desert Bus posted:

In the past 19 years I have managed to create two forum legacies. The first is equating UitM to Moby, the second is making sure everyone knows sucking your own dick is more like sucking dick than having your dick sucked. Which one would you lean into???

You know, I had completely forgotten about that second one until you brought it up just now

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Desert Bus posted:

I had a girlfriend who loved to see me do this. I never understood why I didn't like sucking my own dick, because I do like having my dick sucked, and also I like sucking dick. It was like it canceled each other out. But girlfriend thought it was hot so

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

credburn posted:

I had a girlfriend who loved to see me do this. I never understood why I didn't like sucking my own dick, because I do like having my dick sucked, and also I like sucking dick. It was like it canceled each other out. But girlfriend thought it was hot so

Well Moby doesn't post here but apparently Marilyn Manson does

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

credburn posted:

wow

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

credburn posted:

Gives a new meaning to "weird flex"

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Asterite34 posted:

Gives a new meaning to "weird flex"

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

credburn posted:

LOLOL there are now at least three Goons who both own up to auto-fellatio and also give it a big "meh." The gently caress is it about this site that makes people overshare?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Goons are always looking for a circle jerk to join in

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

credburn posted:

Moby?

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
Natural Ewws

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I was looking for a way to tie this all back into Media and was positive that Moby's track "Thousand" which has the fastest BPM ever was released as part of the backlash to the "Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994" but I can't find any connection:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Justice_and_Public_Order_Act_1994

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousand_(song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQDCcqQu2Q

Autechre's Anti EP is I think the standout from the artistic protest but Orbital and Prodigy and a few others did some neat poo poo to circumvent the law and show how dumb it was.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

Ive never heard of you or your legacies before today, i feel like youre doing expository dialogue for a quest youre about to give me

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

Ive never heard of you or your legacies before today, i feel like youre doing expository dialogue for a quest youre about to give me

My friend Jimothy needs 12 wolf pelts by sundown but I don't have a cart to deliver them with...

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I am now convinced that Desert Bus is renowned podcaster Nick Wiger because he talks about sucking his own dick with the same nonchalant description. Still, a legendary SA post from the olden days and I gotta give you props for being open about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
You should start a Youtube channel where you try things so other people don't have to