Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

another great case of people projecting backstory thats barely even in a marvel movie at all to such a ridiculous extreme that its practically the only thing they remember because the rest of it is so forgettable and they have to rationalize their love of the franchise somehow

one of the weirdest phenomena in the last ten years or so is this. like the people who post how sad they are iron man died, or the ones earnestly speculating on the narrative and who will win. these are barely characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

no joke when i watched endgame for maybe twenty minutes before giving up i thought the woman at the house was antmans ex wife because id totally forgotten he even had a daughter lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1612974225706336256?s=20

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I only saw Avatar because James Cameron's insane enthusiasm is really funny.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

StashAugustine posted:

starting on watching all the Coens in order by watching Blood Simple last night. It definitely feels like a precursor to their later work, it doesn't have quite the same sense of humor the other stuff has but the general feeling is pretty similar and there's some beats very reminiscent of Fargo in particular. But it's also a very well-constructed thriller with some extremely memorable scenes and a very tight script, definite recommend

true

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Michael Mann overrated

partially true

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

this would never happen on Black Frasier.

every thursday night, around 9 or 915

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
in related news, there is a cam that looks pretty drat good

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'm convinced that james cameron is a sorcerer who consorts with dark powers because neither avatar movie has been particularly good and i have no other explanation

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

2 will succeed as a novelty of "oh neat another one after all this time"

3, 4, and 5 are going to have diminishing returns like the dreamworks factory-churned-out sequels they will be

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

if you're going to endure Avatar 2: The Way of Water then you need to do it on a massive screen and in an altered state of consciousness. otherwise you'll die

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
amazon prime reccomended that i watch american carol by david zucker, and it was a weirdo conservative comedy movie where frasier stars as patton/ghost of christmas past and yells how everyone should suck off the troops.

really captures the 2000s era racism

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

sometimes frasier stops being polite and starts getting real

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i will never watch an avatar film

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

if you're going to endure Avatar 2: The Way of Water then you need to do it on a massive screen and in an altered state of consciousness. otherwise you'll die

gently caress that
I'm going to dig out my Ipod classic and watch it at 240p

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

gotta give a special shoutout to 1983's Play Dead for "least convincing murder dog in a motion picture" - this is Greta, she's gods perfect idiot and at no point could i take her seriously as a threat

lmao

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i still havent seen a single person i know irl talk about avatar 2, meme about, or even reference it in any way. its bizarre

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

gently caress that
I'm going to dig out my Ipod classic and watch it at 240p

i cannot stop you, but i want you to know that in the great fellowhood of humanity you are my brother, and when one of us chooses to suffer we all suffer with them

Serf
May 5, 2011

it is pretty funny that matt damon turned down the lead role in avatar with an offer to take home 10% of the profits. not one of us could have predicted

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

every thursday night, around 9 or 915

nooo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

babypolis posted:

i still havent seen a single person i know irl talk about avatar 2, meme about, or even reference it in any way. its bizarre

All the people seeing Avatar 2 are the same people keeping modern simpsons on air

is Big Bang Theory still on air? Gotta be some overlap there

and all those TV shows you see commercials for during football games and see no mention of in any other context

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

babypolis posted:

I only watched it for Spider, the human friend of Jake and Neytiri’s children.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Into The Spiderverse

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/WifexOfxAgony/status/1612978629469683713?t=XTGvWyqu6enEUJBzpgXKZQ&s=19

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Nichael posted:

I only saw Avatar because James Cameron's insane enthusiasm is really funny.
i am only interested in the series because i'm hoping that cameron takes it to either conclusion: the americans reduce pandora to a lifeless rock, or human extinction saves the universe

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh poo poo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Serf posted:

i'm convinced that james cameron is a sorcerer who consorts with dark powers because neither avatar movie has been particularly good and i have no other explanation

america loves the na'vi. the omaticaya clan. jake'sully. spider, the human friend of jake and neytiri's children. the army guy with the bowie knife gundam. everybody is saying "i can't wait for avatar 3"

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Serf posted:

genius using his powers for evil like when pharell came back after 10 years to make minion songs

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1612987474724417536

edit ATJ looking particularly hosed-up tonight

https://twitter.com/cravemedia_/status/1612985651934134274

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Is it nominated for an academy award. I want to see it dances to live. First song I've ever cared about for Oscars

Atj certainly has a look, good grief. I suppose her career benefits from being able to spot predators in a 300 degree radius

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 03:06 on Jan 11, 2023

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1612983409835651075?s=20&t=FFvelRDRhkcu34FKSPY7kA

happy for this dude. he crushes it in eeaao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this rules

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the two most popular latina actresses in Hollywood

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

so happy to see this, he was the best part of that movie

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Serf posted:

it is pretty funny that matt damon turned down the lead role in avatar with an offer to take home 10% of the profits. not one of us could have predicted

wait people actually bet against jim i thought that was just a meme

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

mastershakeman posted:

Atj certainly has a look, good grief. I suppose her career benefits from being able to spot predators in a 300 degree radius

lmfao

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Welp!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
did anyone think to check if "andrew callaghan" wasn't just tj miller doing a charcter

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Mola Yam posted:

did anyone think to check if "andrew callaghan" wasn't just tj miller doing a charcter

this but that he wasn't just dr steve brule without glasses

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

they should do another andrew callaghan trueanon ep *monkey paw curls*

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

perhaps andrew can be the next host of bad faith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Serf posted:

yes we could of. it's James Cameron