Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

MechaCrash posted:

The thing about mini pigs is that they are mini, people just don't realize how loving big a pig can get. There's a reason why boar hunting used to be something you did to prove you're a badass, after all.

From what I understand in order to keep a pig "mini" you have to have it on a starvation diet. Since Americans feed their pets like they feed themselves it seldom works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drk
Jan 16, 2005
as riveting as pig chat is, how about chicken eggchat

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

drk posted:

as riveting as pig chat is, how about chicken eggchat

Have you considered that every egg is unique, much like a bitcoin? And that due to the eventual expiry of eggs, there is an upper limit to how many there can be at once? And that if you have a fridge full of eggs, the government can't prevent you from eating them?????

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hodling my eggcoin in secure storage

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Nessus posted:

Hodling my eggcoin in secure storage

FDA advises holding all eggcoin at 7degC, unless you're trying to yield farm chickencoin

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

All my juices, aped!!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

All my juices, aped!!

not slurped?!

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL NUGEN TOKEN HOLDERS

Announcement as of January 8, 2023

Further to our January 4th announcement and with careful consideration, Nugen Universe LLC, in collaboration with Defi Oracle Network, will need to create an Etherium ETH wallet in Metamask for each and every Nugen Token holder.

This is the first part necessary to facilitate a smooth and expeditious migration of your account.

With careful considerations Nugen Universe LLC has committed to this undertaking due to the large client base and stringent timeline will proceed as follows:

1. Nugen will cause the creation of an Etherium (ETH) Wallet on Metamask for each Nugen coin holders.

2. The closing value for each members Metamask ETH wallet will be determined as previously communicated ( # of coins x $1.33)

3. Conversion to ETH for each member will be calculated by dividing the closing value by current value of the Ether

When the conversion is completed, members will be notified via another announcement e-mail. At this point, members are required to login into their Nugen Dashboard and click on the icon to
authorize Nugen Universe LLC and Defi Oracle Network to execute the swapping of their Nugen Tokens and release Defi Oracle Network, Nugen Universe LLC and its affiliates of any obligations or harm.

Once the process is finalized and all ties, direct or indirect, between all members, and Nugen Universe LLC, Defi Oracle Network and its affiliates ceases, Metamask account holders will have the freedom of selling/swapping their Ether for any other token on the exchanges suggested on the site.

Though Nugen Univers LLC and its affiliates will be making every effort to meet the January 13th deadline, we reserves the right for an appropriate extension should it be deemed necessary until their Tokens are successfully transferred. We will notify everyone at the said time

NUGEN UNIVERSE LLC

Fazil M Jabar, CEO
January 08, 2023

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

So it's a slow-motion rugpull, because a bunch of the victims are never going to be able to figure out how to complete the transition to a loving Metamask wallet

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

How much did those coins supposedly being redeemed as 1.33 dollars worth of Ethereum cost their current holders?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

oh god we just had some egg chat in BFC.

it's spreading.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

does chuck tingle have a bitcoin based book yet?

edit: of course he does

Also

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Boxturret posted:

I enjoyed the people who put thousands in to yet another logan paul scam because he said he's changed this time

ok. dude. my bro. let me try my best to explain.

it's the guy on the youtube!! we don't elect people to youtube unless they are the highest caliber people!!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
if you give money to LOGANG you deserve what you got coming

on the other hand Logan Paul isn't getting what he deserves so we need to rectify

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jan/11/tennis-australia-commits-to-more-nfts-despite-mayhem-in-the-crypto-markets

Tennis getting into the market

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

makes sense, the whole dang thing is racket!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Trillhouse posted:

makes sense, the whole dang thing is racket!

Boooooooo :five:

drk
Jan 16, 2005
some new thread titles

Bitcoin:

We hit the target
Bag Holders Here
Break Out, Bear Out
Important Price Juncture
Support Trend Broken
Lots of buyers found.
This is going to suck

drk fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 12, 2023

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

drk posted:

some new thread titles

Bitcoin:

We hit the target
Bag Holders Here
Break Out, Bear Out
Important Price Juncture
Support Trend Broken
Lots of buyers found.
This is going to suck

What the gently caress, is this bitcoin qanon?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Mercury_Storm posted:

What the gently caress, is this bitcoin qanon?

bitcoiners thought that satoshi was a space alien from the future long before qanon

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

drk posted:

some new thread titles

Bitcoin:

We hit the target
Bag Holders Here
Break Out, Bear Out
Important Price Juncture
Support Trend Broken
Lots of buyers found.
This is going to suck

Bitcoin: Empty

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

istewart posted:

So it's a slow-motion rugpull, because a bunch of the victims are never going to be able to figure out how to complete the transition to a loving Metamask wallet

It's making sure noone can sue them:

When the conversion is completed, members will be notified via another announcement e-mail. At this point, members are required to login into their Nugen Dashboard and click on the icon to authorize Nugen Universe LLC and Defi Oracle Network to execute the swapping of their Nugen Tokens and release Defi Oracle Network, Nugen Universe LLC and its affiliates of any obligations or harm.

"Click this button and you get some money eth back. Oh, and you can never sue us."

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
The FTX lolchain continues to deliver.

quote:

FTX officials overseeing its bankruptcy have recovered more than $5 billion in cash and other liquid assets that may be used to help repay creditors, a lawyer for the failed crypto firm said during a bankruptcy court hearing Wednesday.
The lawyers also said they had identified more than 9 million creditors — far more than earlier estimates of around 1 million.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
God that chart just reads like a schizophrenic in a mania wrote a manifesto.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

tehinternet posted:

It’s your avatar through a glass darkly

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://sambf.substack.com/p/ftx-pre-mortem-overview

quote:

I had been planning to give my first substantive account of what happened in testimony to the US House Financial Services Committee on December 13th. Unfortunately, the DOJ moved to arrest me the night before, preempting my testimony with an entirely different news cycle. For what it’s worth, a draft of the testimony I planned to give leaked out here.

What the gently caress does this even mean? Does he think he could have newsed his way out of a 10 billion dollar hole?

quote:

That $8b of net borrowing, less the few billion of hedges it had on, resulted in around $6b of excess leverage/net position, backed by ~$100b of assets.

And as markets crashed, so did those assets. Alameda’s assets–a combination of altcoins, crypto companies, public equities, and venture investments–fell around 80% over the course of the year, raising its leverage bit by bit.

So Alameda pumped shitcoins so hard there as nobody to dump them on, and nobody willing to catch their falling knife.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Powershift posted:

https://sambf.substack.com/p/ftx-pre-mortem-overview

What the gently caress does this even mean? Does he think he could have newsed his way out of a 10 billion dollar hole?

Yes! He does! The authorities are being SO UNFAIR

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

tehinternet posted:

im permabanned poster fiatstomper58. i first started investing in crypto when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "hodl" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "to the moon" and "bitcoin is technology of the future" in my head for hours, and i would get really analytical, start seeing logrithmic rainbow charts in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "hodl" style of crypto investing was all about; i think it's unlimited upside leaking in to limited downside, what dogecoin investors considered to be the cause of lambos and bahama mansions. i would advise all people who "get" crypto to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Powershift posted:

Well we'll never know now, because the DOJ arrested him before he could clear everything up!

They wanted to stop him from fixing the problem, they had it out for ftx all along!

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Clockwerk posted:

im permabanned poster fiatstomper58. i first started investing in crypto when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "hodl" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "to the moon" and "bitcoin is technology of the future" in my head for hours, and i would get really analytical, start seeing logrithmic rainbow charts in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "hodl" style of crypto investing was all about; i think it's unlimited upside leaking in to limited downside, what dogecoin investors considered to be the cause of lambos and bahama mansions. i would advise all people who "get" crypto to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Namaste

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It might also be a vague shoutout to the conspiracy theory that he was arrested to prevent him from testifying to congress, for reasons of ????

(a theory which, as well as suffering from lack of sensible motive, also fails to account for the fact that nothing in the world can prevent SBF from telling everyone everything)

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 12, 2023

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Sam as your lawyer, I am advising you to keep posting this poo poo

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
(SBF deliberately fires entire ar15 magazine into his foot & leg with 100% accuracy rate) alright. thats fine. heres what i think happened, [1/82]

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

It might also be a vague shoutout to the conspiracy theory that he was arrested to prevent him from testifying to congress, for reasons of ????

His business is wheedling money out of the stupidest people on earth. He is absolutely going to claim the government stopped him just as he was about to magically fix everything (which is why you should give him all your money now and you'll have that lambo in no time!)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he only has one playbook, it worked for him well in the past and he can't think of any other strategy. this is just to appear well-meaning and open and helpful, the 'good guy' of crypto. ofc we know from leaked messages he knows it's all BS. but yea what he's doing now is just trying to will this alternate reality back into existence where he could just spout off nice-sounding things while playing LoL and rich and powerful people give him money. it's not working but he can't admit it

naem
May 29, 2011

with $100 billion of monopoly money he didn’t think anyone would notice him stealing $8 billion actual money (which was really $6 billion if you squint at it just right)

and 6 is a smaller number than 100 so

he was totally going to put that $6 billion back honest if it weren’t for that pesky “market”

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mozi posted:

he only has one playbook, it worked for him well in the past and he can't think of any other strategy. this is just to appear well-meaning and open and helpful, the 'good guy' of crypto. ofc we know from leaked messages he knows it's all BS. but yea what he's doing now is just trying to will this alternate reality back into existence where he could just spout off nice-sounding things while playing LoL and rich and powerful people give him money. it's not working but he can't admit it

The ol' digging up strategy. Nothing beats that.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

"If they just let me speak, this would all be cleared up! But they didn't let me speak! Let me tell you all about it in a very long, publicly available blog post..."

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Can I finish? Please, can I finish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

wasn't there a poster in this thread who used to have a gimmick along the lines of "sure, most crypto outfits are scams and ponzi schemes, but Nexo seems legit"? how's that working out? oh, it's working out exactly like everyone else predicted?
https://twitter.com/business/status/1613512926148673536

Nexo's response: "all we wanted to do was help Ukraine, but these corrupt Bulgarians have it out for us"
https://twitter.com/Nexo/status/1613477470732173314

this [scam] too shall pass