Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

could fry an egg out here, chief

me alone in my study looking out the blinds towards your house all weekend: but why did they call me chief?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

minnesota is just canada jr.

and canada is just america jr.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
my dad can beat up your dad: the country

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Trixie Hardcore posted:

No, I know what grill is, I was asking what people who call their broiler a grill call grills.

I was pointing out that many US states are very big and in fact as big as some countries to illustrate why some Americans reply with their home state when asked where they’re from. State identities are often the first thing that springs to mind when an American is asked where they are from. Also, they were talking mad poo poo about how Minnesota’s pop so tiny as though they thought they had a chance to defeat Minnesota, a laughable challenge.

How loving dare you, why don’t come over here and say that to my face and see who’s about to make everything about violence.

I’d like to see you loving try.

didn't read

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

speaking of minnesota, hotdish is pretty hosed up and disgusting

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

draining their aquifiers to have water intensive agriculture and orchards in the desert

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Megamissen posted:

draining their aquifiers to have water intensive agriculture and orchards in the desert

the saudis beat us to it and have been buying US farmland directly for awhile

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

has anyone said "somethingawful.com" yet

also: not searching for easily searchable things but asking immediately

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

get enraged at someone "cutting me off" in traffic whenever someone simply changes lanes

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
their SUVs are so big and americans are so heavy that they regularly break their steering wheels trying to pull themselves up into the car

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

bike tory posted:

get enraged at someone "cutting me off" in traffic whenever someone simply changes lanes

literally shooting one another over poo poo like this

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
"y'all"

Giving their children stupid made up names like Daymiene, Mazden or Kyan.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

all names are made up

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

yellowcar posted:

speaking of minnesota, hotdish is pretty hosed up and disgusting

gently caress you buddy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ColdBlooded posted:

Giving their children stupid made up names like Daymiene, Mazden or Kyan.

Canadians do this too.
https://twitter.com/AdamZHerman/status/1253087014657888259?s=20&t=XqiIm-e_W9RYSocRh_hBPg

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ryker

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Canada is a US vassal state so makes sense

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I heard that the Mormons started the insane spelling variations thing so thanks to the most American religion for that

chopper city
May 30, 2009

you in the choppa zone
where choppas is a must

bike tory posted:

easily 2/3rds of this thread is stuff everyone in the west does. you guys are trying to launder your also being trash first worlders by dumping on america

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

chopper city posted:

easily 2/3rds of this thread is stuff everyone in the west does. you guys are trying to launder your also being trash first worlders by dumping on america

looks like someone's a little too ornery at being "cut off" on the "freeway" this morning

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

chopper city posted:

boo loving hoo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Using football fields as a unit of measurement

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Watching America's biggest sporting event "for the commercials"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
The American Service-Members' Protection Act (enacted August 2, 2002), known informally as the Hague Invasion Act, is a United States federal law which aims "to protect United States military personnel and other elected and appointed officials of the United States government against criminal prosecution by an international criminal court to which the United States is not party."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Putting up countdown timers for when various teenage celebrities would turn 18

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

This is Michelada erasure

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

This is Michelada erasure

ayy guey

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

they are not listed by name here but micheladas are the perfect drink and they call for clam juice specifically

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i heard americans eat rear end

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

mawarannahr posted:

this isn’t particular to Americans at all really
just because some americanized people also do it doesn't mean it's not an american thing

canadians = americans, as we've already established

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
https://twitter.com/fasc1nate/status/1612835951977324547

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

thetan_guy42 posted:

they are not listed by name here but micheladas are the perfect drink and they call for clam juice specifically

Americans love to drink Budweiser brand micheladaz straight from the can

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Land of Opportunity!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
so did they win or what

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

gradenko_2000 posted:

so did they win or what

Well they were a winning team but the claim in the tweet is wrong, winning had no impact on their sentences but one guy did get to live a little longer on account of the warden and the governor gambling on the games.

quote:

If any of the players made a huge mistake during a game, the team captain George Saban would scream at them in the dugout. He told the players that if they did badly in these games that they would have time added to their sentence. And he perpetuated the rumor that Joseph Seng just may escape the death penalty. This was not true, of course, but it was enough motivation to keep the players practicing and doing the best they possibly could.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Dang that dude in the middle looks a little young to be sentenced to death.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Weka posted:

Dang that dude in the middle looks a little young to be sentenced to death.

Americans love to kill children

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
another things americans do; file extremely horrific poo poo under "fascinating"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
everyone blames china for covid but nobodies talking about how america created and spread the woke mind virus