Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

They already said there are over 300 voice actors and over 250,000 lines of dialogue. I'm sure we'll recognize some voices from the previous games, I hope so at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I hope they keep the nord accents

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I want to hear some people from oblivion, those voices are still etched in my mind.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Wiltsghost posted:

They already said there are over 300 voice actors and over 250,000 lines of dialogue. I'm sure we'll recognize some voices from the previous games, I hope so at least.

I remain doubtful, though I'll be happy no matter how it ends up.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Even if Starfield won't be featured, I hope we at least hear about a release date.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

priznat posted:

lol

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Bethesda is a relatively tiny team. Ubisoft is the size of a small nation

It takes as long to sit through the credits to an rear end Creed game as it does to complete the game itself

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

priznat posted:

Nords in Space

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Sandepande posted:

This is the weirdest thing, as it somehow doesn't bother me. Maybe because Bethesda's games are quite gamey, and that kind of thing is part of it.

It's also one of the things that I'm interested to see how it works in Starfield. I have a hard time believing that it's significantly different from their previous games - cities will feel too small, NPC crowds too thin, voice actors are really efficiently employed, and so on.

You've been a good space friend to me, that means something.

Guard might get nervous, a woman approaches with her blaster drawn.

Do you get to the stars very often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don't.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Sandepande posted:

cities will feel too small

It's been a minute but I feel like Skyrim was an outlier and every other TES game had at least one massive city. Maybe it's because storage speed has improved, though.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A small burst of new Game Pass dates, but some welcome hitters. Shadow Warrior 3 was leaked by a notification in the PC Xbox app, but no date for that yet...

COMING:
Jan 19: Persona 3 Portable (Cloud, Console, and PC), Persona 4 Golden (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Jan 20: Monster Hunter Rise (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving Jan 15:
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Nobody Saves The World (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Pupperazzi (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Anacrusis (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
We Happy Few (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Windjammers 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Kins posted:

A small burst of new Game Pass dates, but some welcome hitters. Shadow Warrior 3 was leaked by a notification in the PC Xbox app, but no date for that yet...

COMING:
Jan 19: Persona 3 Portable (Cloud, Console, and PC), Persona 4 Golden (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Jan 20: Monster Hunter Rise (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving Jan 15:
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Nobody Saves The World (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Pupperazzi (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Anacrusis (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
We Happy Few (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Windjammers 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

The Anacrusis never added achievements. What the hell?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Wiltsghost posted:

I want to hear some people from oblivion, those voices are still etched in my mind.

I hope they bring back the NPC conversations like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYZ9B7N6vHM

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Lammasu posted:

The Anacrusis never added achievements. What the hell?

It's a "game preview" aka early access, maybe that's why? I think I remember reading in this thread that it was poo poo.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

External Organs posted:

It's a "game preview" aka early access, maybe that's why? I think I remember reading in this thread that it was poo poo.

Most of those eventually add achievements. Also, We Happy Few is leaving? I thought it was on their permantly because Microsoft owns the studio.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lammasu posted:

Most of those eventually add achievements. Also, We Happy Few is leaving? I thought it was on their permantly because Microsoft owns the studio.

Good.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Lammasu posted:

That stuck out to me too, but apparently Gearbox published that title. Makes me think Outer Worlds might get the axe eventually too.

Longer term I’ve wondered if Microsoft will rotate their own IP through GamePass or if they’ll simply keep everything on there all the time.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lammasu posted:

Microsoft bought the studio after the game was released. We Happy Few is published (and presumably owned) by Gearbox.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

webmeister posted:

Apparently something like 2000 people worked on Red Dead Redemption 2 :psyduck:

"One of you will be issued a laptop and the other will be issued a data dictionary. When one burns out it is the duty of the other to pick up what they were issued and continue on. "

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lammasu posted:

Pee Crappy Poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wee Crappy Poo

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Bethesda should bring back text dialogue for their games imo

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

prom candy posted:

Bethesda should bring back text dialogue for their games imo

At least they're returning to an unvoiced protagonist. Fallout 4 was a nice experiment but voicing your character was never a good idea for these types of games.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

swims posted:

Midnight fight express is worth a look if you haven’t yet. Or did earlier and were turned off by the bugs. It had a patch at some point.

Top down isometric beat ‘em up similar to Ruiner but small closed off stages. Less dashing than Ruiner. If you played that really old school Sega die hard arcade beat ‘em up it is sort of like that. Must be an inspiration to the game.

Scoring like DMC with many cosmetic unlocks tied to mission challenges. The graphics remind me of n64 thq wwf games with a techno soundtrack per mission like payday 2. Deeper than you would think with unique weapon moves.

Fun poo poo like driving jet skis old school Cobra Triangle style. It mixes things up.

It’s on gamepass.

It had a patch to fix the BS if you tried it earlier and had button config messing up. Or saves not saving. Default button config is not good tho in this game that’s how I originally found that out.

Gonna check this out it looks fun. I never played the wwf games but WCW vs NWO on N64 was a mainstay all through middle school.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

External Organs posted:

It was a mess of a game with a ridiculous difficulty curve. I imagine with a dedicated group it would have been ok, but the even Back 4 Blood did its co-op better.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Illusive Man posted:

That stuck out to me too, but apparently Gearbox published that title. Makes me think Outer Worlds might get the axe eventually too.

Longer term I’ve wondered if Microsoft will rotate their own IP through GamePass or if they’ll simply keep everything on there all the time.
I'm sure barring unusual circumstances all the first party stuff is there to stay. Like it is on streaming services.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

They've said before that first party published games would stay on, but of course, they can change that at a whim.

Edit: I have redundantly restated what you meant, apologies.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Illusive Man posted:

They are making a sequel, so they probably own the IP for that. Even if you had the We Happy Few IP would you make a sequel, though?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Lammasu posted:

They are making a sequel, so they probably own the IP for that. Even if you had the We Happy Few IP would you make a sequel, though?

I enjoyed the setting, story and characters in the game, but it felt like it was unnecessarily bloated with poorly implemented features. Almost as if the devs were trying to appease every demand of their kickstarters.

IMO for a sequel they either need to improve the procedural generation, crafting and survival systems considerably or leave them out and make it like a more refined Bioshock type of game.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Is mortal shell good?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

prom candy posted:

Is mortal shell good?

No, not really.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

JBP posted:

No, not really.

darn

acksplode
May 17, 2004

When you're shopping for Soulslikes look for the Fromsoft seal of quality. Accept no substitutes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I mean if I were to summarise mortal shell in a few words it would be "budget game with modest ambitions inspired by dark souls".

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Watched a YouTube vid of the TOP 15 RPGS WE’RE EXCITED FOR IN 2023, and almost all of them are some sort of “inspired by Dark Souls” or “Dark Souls meets xx”

Gunna be a long year

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

JBP posted:

I mean if I were to summarise mortal shell in a few words it would be "budget game with modest ambitions inspired by dark souls".

With questionable design choices.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Wo Long looks tight

e: although i'm going to be trash at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__I_dMosyco

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dark souls and it’s adjacent games are my favorite games but I just can’t ever bring myself to care about any of the ripoffs. Rather just play one of the real souls games again instead.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Wiltsghost posted:

Wo Long looks tight

e: although i'm going to be trash at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__I_dMosyco

Team Ninja is the other approved Souls manufacturer, game looks great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

webmeister posted:

Watched a YouTube vid of the TOP 15 RPGS WE’RE EXCITED FOR IN 2023, and almost all of them are some sort of “inspired by Dark Souls” or “Dark Souls meets xx”

Gunna be a long year

There are more jrpgs coming out than you can poke a stick at.