Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I think it's on Netflix now, it's entertaining as gently caress but definitely some gruesome matches mixed in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/filmupdates/status/1612983409835651075?s=46&t=s7ADTcpvGKvbgV27IIy6eA
https://twitter.com/variety/status/1612996280158158849?s=46&t=s7ADTcpvGKvbgV27IIy6eA
Things looking good for Everything Everywhere All At Once. They're my pick for the big winner at the Oscars.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Dry January is going well. I found zero calorie Reed's Ginger Beer. All the great flavor, no alcohol or calories.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Wrestling rocks

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Speaking of covid

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1612819929048436737

eat the rich

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

At a party once my friend and I "invented" pickle shots. I'm sure they've been done before, but whatever. You get a large whole dill pickle, cut a couple inches off the end, and hollow it out a bit with a melon baller or whatever. Then fill with vodka or gin. Drink, then eat the shot glass.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I found really good hot n sweet pickles at the store once but I ate almost the entire jar watchin tv. The results were.... explosive.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I used to mix Blackberry Manishevitz or Carlo Rossi Sangria and whatever cheap vodka was around in my early 20s. It got you drunk but the hangovers were awful.

Manischewitz must have something put in it to make the angriest hangovers possible. It causes me nothing but pain.

Fun fact: Bain Capital owns the Manischewitz brand, which actually doesn't make the wine at all. The name is just licensed to E&J Gallo, who do.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

GD_American posted:

Manischewitz must have something put in it to make the angriest hangovers possible. It causes me nothing but pain.

Fun fact: Bain Capital owns the Manischewitz brand, which actually doesn't make the wine at all. The name is just licensed to E&J Gallo, who do.

Sugar. So much sugar. All the dessert wines and champagnes can cause some vicious pain.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

wandler20 posted:

I think it's on Netflix now, it's entertaining as gently caress but definitely some gruesome matches mixed in there.

It was but they took it down a while ago. :(

I don't think they ever got the last season. I saw one episode of it and I think Dario Cueto's dad had killed him and replaced him as the promoter?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/npr/status/1613154819467874307?s=46&t=xP7D0uLMTY6yjG1MR1zXFg

bang up job pete

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
He's too busy with the trains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3-EIFeM27U

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

All the airline poo poo over the last month sure is making me excited to fly in a couple of weeks.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

The NOTAM system is supposed to be super hardened military post-WW3 resilient kind of stuff. How does it just crap out?

Whole drat country has turned into Southwest. Wonder if poo poo will still be messed up when I fly over to Orlando on Monday?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

dirty shrimp money posted:

The NOTAM system is supposed to be super hardened military post-WW3 resilient kind of stuff. How does it just crap out?

Whole drat country has turned into Southwest. Wonder if poo poo will still be messed up when I fly over to Orlando on Monday?

No one wants to pay for infrastructure upgrades but we all want it now.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wonder what FAA funding looks like. Maybe putting old white guys with no experience in charge of poo poo is a bad idea.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Guess so. Congress critters can't make money inside trading infrastructure.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Apparently its Java and they do occasional updates-- could be a bad patch.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My flight back home from
Maryland with Southwest after New Year's had me fairly nervous when my layover was in Chicago.

I got a flight to Missouri at the end of the month with a layover in Denver. Last time I flew to Missouri my connecting flight was cancelled while I was midair on my first leg of my journey.

I did notice some travel websites are offering "green" options which are just cheaper nonstop flights with the idea that these are better than having multiple airplanes burning fuel over shorter distances.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:hai:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Silly Burrito posted:

There's also the matter of shutting things down in order to fix them, and the fact that no one wants to be inconvenienced for that. A water main broke on our street yesterday morning and we didn't have running water for 14 hours, and it sucked.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Portland had to shut down a section of I-84 last weekend so that the upgrade to the TriMet MAX Rail could be installed.

Luckily I didn't have to drive anywhere near it but I did see the traffic it generated.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

had to involuntarily commit a patient last night

kept threatening to leave AMA, kept refusing a transfer to a higher level of care, uncertain psych diagnoses (probably bipolar, definite cluster b traits, maybe drug induced psychosis) pending DV charges, has made multiple threats to murder his wife and himself, was multiple suicidal threats made to staff while in detox, broke into an office twice to use a phone to call and harass his wife, etc.

when I submitted the petition to the magistrate, he was very quiet and focused for about 12 minutes while he reiterated specific parts, and I thought he was just going to deny it but it turns out he was retyping the whole thing because my hand writing is so bad. got to put my hand on the Bible and everything.

Went back to the clinic, cops showed up, separated him from group, sprung the news that he was heading to the puzzle factory, he burst into tears and that was that.

My thought process was that if he left AMA his wife and kids would only have a few hours notice before he got drunk and tried to find them. At least with him being IVC'd his family now has 72 hours to make arrangements. possible that his constant threats to leave AMA were just drug seeking behavior, but hey, you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

feels good! hope he gets the help he needs and wife and kids are safe.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

when I submitted the petition to the magistrate, he was very quiet and focused for about 12 minutes while he reiterated specific parts, and I thought he was just going to deny it but it turns out he was retyping the whole thing because my hand writing is so bad.
Now you are truly a medical professional.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

These failures are because the government won’t get off peoples backs. We need more privatization. All economists are tweeting this.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ornery and Hornery posted:

These failures are because the government won’t get off peoples backs. We need more privatization. All economists are tweeting this.

I know you’re being funny but it’s sad how many people truly feel this way. :(

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The free market will keep planes from crashing into each other.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

Well either I invented it or yes, I have heard of it :v: Certainly not as common a concept in LA spots as Chicago/East Coast bars though.

Had to ask. Pickle-back shots are common enough you can say them out loud, normally, and we’d know what we you mean.

Key West pushes em so they’re a staple down there. Most port towns seem to have their own bar that claims ownership of their origin (Jacksonville, Wilmington, etc) since Pickles were so easy to transport in ships etc

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

PBJ is superior imo

PBR and a shot of Jameson

In Austin I went to a bar that offered a “Mexican Blowjob” which was a Lonestar Beer + Jameson (LBJ)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Quick question, do any of you use Walmart Plus, and if so, do you like it?

We just cancelled Prime after 10+ years. The Amazon Drive is shutting down and we almost never get two day delivery even with two distribution centers 30 miles on the opposite side of us. It just doesn’t seem worth $150, but to their credit, they gave me a full refund even though it’s been a couple of months.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Member the other day when I was saying my company was looking at me to take over a bigger role, more responsibilities etc?

Lol I got laid off instead. 20% of employees

e: Aw man and I lost my avatar I loved that avatar

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

FizFashizzle posted:

PBJ is superior imo

In Austin I went to a bar that offered a “Mexican Blowjob” which was a Lonestar Beer + Jameson (LBJ)

RIP to the Boiler Room in Chicago, where a PBJ was a big slice of pizza, beer, and Jameson for the entirety reasonable price of :10bux:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Member the other day when I was saying my company was looking at me to take over a bigger role, more responsibilities etc?

Really sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll land on your feet!

The comedic timing of that avatar is incredible though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Joey Freshwater posted:

The gently caress, weren't they trying to ship you to Europe like six months ago?

They were probably a lousy company to work for anyway, though I doubt that's much comfort to you in the moment.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

drat man I'm sorry. Getting laid off loving blows.

FizFashizzle posted:

PBJ is superior imo

Come to Chicago and I'll get you a Chicago Handshake, Old Style and a shot of Malort.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Well it took about 90 seconds for the guy who retired a couple months ago to steer a "what's new since you left" conversation to Biden and the border. I miss the active background noise generation from my old open office.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Really sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll land on your feet!

The comedic timing of that avatar is incredible though.

Honestly more upset about the avatar than the job hahah

C-Euro posted:

The gently caress, weren't they trying to ship you to Europe like six months ago?

They were probably a lousy company to work for anyway, though I doubt that's much comfort to you in the moment.

Yeah this place is a shitshow

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Any of y'all been to Juarez before?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

decent package? sounds like you might be dodging a bullet tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Honestly more upset about the avatar than the job hahah

You know the rules of the league Lenny