Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

i think the thing that really gets me about the pole vaulting story in dustin is that reasonably the instructor would make ed do a ton of cardio and basic warmup stuff long before he attempted to actually do any vaulting so if he actually stuck with it he'd get in decent shape

Like not only is it this mean spirited and generally vile it's also stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ellie the beep posted:

Out Our Way (October 10, 2001)

(i was too tired from manually pasting together half of it to come up with a funny caption; i just saw the bit about 'i hope [the war] blows over before we have to go' bit and was like hoooooph)

Hell of a job matching the text!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 11/3-5/49

Archie 3/11-13/46

(Inflation calculator says that's about a $400 bill. Looking through the contemporary ads for comparables, you could get a Bulova wristwatch or a one-diamond wedding ring for about $27.)

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

:china:

Mozz came to tell The Phantom his new options on turning to page 215

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Schwarzwald posted:

Hell of a job matching the text!

thank you! i was stitching it together letter by letter because i dont know how fonts work in gimp 😅

only now im noticing that jr williams had a common line system for his dialogue so i hosed up my overall text alignment but uuuugh that was already so much effort

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

ellie the beep posted:

thank you! i was stitching it together letter by letter because i dont know how fonts work in gimp 😅
This is what I do most times because I'm an idiot so be of good heart.

Hostile V posted:

A Very Merry Hellworld Tea Party
I want someone to successfully overpower, murder, and devour Kevin without cheating, cackling evilly, or twirling a moustache just so we can have the rest of the cast quip through big frozen grins about hahahahaha wow PUNCHLINE EH? about how normal and reasonable this all is as their friend/family member's carcass is messily dismembered and consumed in front of them.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"Kevin will never die."

-The Management

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
From the Breaking Cat News Instagram

Georgia Dunn posted:

Today makes one year since Lupin passed away. It still feels like it happened only a few weeks ago, and will likely stay fresh in the heart for a long while. I miss him every day, I still look for him sometimes. Occasionally I see a flash of white out of the corner of my eye, and always hope it is him.

Forever will hope it is him. 🤍

He was one heck of a cat.

Fearless, friendly, warm, affectionate, hilarious, ridiculous. I’m proud to have known him, and I’m so grateful I was able to share his personality, antics, and charm with all of you. Thank you for loving him with us. Nine years was not nearly long enough. ❤️❤️❤️

More pictures at the site.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

ellie the beep posted:

only now im noticing that jr williams had a common line system for his dialogue so i hosed up my overall text alignment but uuuugh that was already so much effort

That's the type of thing I used to do until I just chickened out and started using one or two all-purpose fonts for everything, but I appreciate your attention to detail.

Anyway, I knew I was forgetting something... Olive & Popeye (Shadia's shift)

Our Boarding House (May 3-5, 1923)

Toonerville Folks (July 8-10, 1920, with translations for the cursive impaired, because this is going to be a regular thing for a bit.)

WHILE HIS WIFE WAS AWAY ON A SHORT TRIP, Jones found that washing a baby in a bath tub was a though job so he adopted a new method.

THE FOLKS NEVER REALIZED WHAT A CRACK PITCHER THEY HAD IN THE FAMILY--until the day they were all ready to go away for the summer and their departure had to be postponed.

THE EXPERT POLO PLAYER TAKES UP GOLF--and discovers that the general results from the tee and through the fairway are much better when he drives the ball along in this manner.

Dok's "Time Trials For The Wacky Races" Duck (July 11, 1914)

Little Lefty (November 4-6, 1937, and fooey, another skipped Sunday.)

Guest appearance by another long-time fellow traveler.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

EasyEW posted:

Toonerville Folks (July 8-10, 1920, with translations for the cursive impaired, because this is going to be a regular thing for a bit.)
I appreciate the transcriptions, although I have to say I'm surprised at how legible Fox's cursive is. I suppose when you're getting printed in the paper you need to make sure your writing isn't chickenscratch.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

I'm definitely going to tell a small child that time zones are a form of time travel at some point.

Old School Peanuts (Jan 24, 0954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 6-7, 1992)

Big Nate

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

So, if someone in your immediate family likes to read romances, you know. The books are lying around, or they're in bookshelves in the house, or you actually see the person reading them. Luann is incredibly unobservant and self absorbed is what I'm saying.

Gil Thorp

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

readingatwork posted:

Crabgrass

I'm definitely going to tell a small child that time zones are a form of time travel at some point.

Tangentially reminded of a five-year-old old GameFaqs Breath of the Wild Thread, where the original poster is incensed about Japanese magazines apparently breaking day-and-date review embargos, is reminded about time zones and insists that "There aren't time zones that are 12 hours apart from each other."

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

where the gently caress in the US do they live that their grandparents are four hours behind

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

kidcoelacanth posted:

where the gently caress in the US do they live that their grandparents are four hours behind

If they live in the Eastern time zone, the grandparents might be in Alaska. If they're in Central, the grandparents could live in Hawaii.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (February 07, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

you wouldn't download a husband...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

We're not sure that animal's a moose when it definitely looks like a moose and we know what mooses look like, but we're definitely sure that these are dinosaurs, which as far as we know are extinct and no one's ever seen before?

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Mar. 20, 1955)

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
And that's what killed off the Pechenegs.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

I don’t want you to take the astral projection in this comic literally. We’d all like to astral project, come on, but Claire only pretends that she can.

Speaking of imaginary things, I’m not sure I believe the fantasy of the Lindt Chocolatier Universe. Too glossy.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/10/03

Brenda Starr 3/9-11/50

Smokey Stover 4/13/52

Everyday Movies 12/25/35

"Look, Jim, how happy they are. Now don't you think it was worth all the little sacrifices we had to make?"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 7/8-10/40

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Totally fake.
Everyone knows fire can't melt wooden beams!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

The_Other posted:

Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

This is bad for Glenn Durgan

Glngrly Drglyn

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Glangan Donpa

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I love the looks on the twins' faces in Val. A mix of "oh dear" and "these fuckers are yolo I cannot wait."

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

the final panel is incredible :allears:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

:fireman:

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (February 28, 1935)

Peanuts (January 14, 1976)

Miss Peach (June 28, 1989)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (August 12, 1939)

Out Our Way (October 17-19, 1940)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Mar. 20, 1955)

He's helping!

Selachian posted:

Can't wait for how she gets out of this one to involve :rolldice: a water main bursting and putting out the fires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Storefri

Noor