Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Ok Comboomer posted:

all punked up on Jupiter oil

I...I was sober, sir. I don't know how any of that information can be considered actual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hey, kid. I'm an rear end in a top hat. Your parents around?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Obvious-style Christianity" is an Achewoodism right?

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

JethroMcB posted:

Hey, kid. I'm an rear end in a top hat. Your parents around?

I'm around, and I have some pretty serious questions.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

"Obvious-style Christianity" is an Achewoodism right?

Yup.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
world-style hero

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I was looking for this strip because I needed the Perfect Friends strip and now I present it to you, as a gift, achewood thread.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Deathlove posted:

I was looking for this strip because I needed the Perfect Friends strip and now I present it to you, as a gift, achewood thread.

"SOON. Perfect Friends." and Ray saying "You hear that, Beef? Perfect!" at Fiesta Max are two Achewood moments I would say I have thought about at least once a day, every day, for two or three years at this point.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

JethroMcB posted:

"SOON. Perfect Friends." and Ray saying "You hear that, Beef? Perfect!" at Fiesta Max are two Achewood moments I would say I have thought about at least once a day, every day, for two or three years at this point.

I really want the best for Jai.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

You know that Jai didn't ask for this.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
He just wants to put on a great big t-shirt and cry.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
My Fiesta Name is pendejo.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I still have enough money left over for a large Dr. Pepper and Lesotho.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I can't get a Fiesta Name from someone who has done oral on me

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
"i am definitely not afraid of the loving police right now" has good irl drinking traction but whether you consider it to be proto-achewood or achewood proper is up for debate

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Eau de MacGowan posted:

"i am definitely not afraid of the loving police right now" has good irl drinking traction but whether you consider it to be proto-achewood or achewood proper is up for debate

Real Cornelius referenced it a few years later so we must take it as absolute canon

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I would like to think that now as a more aged man himself that Onstad would believe it to be loving awesome if Flava Flav was outside with a blinking tooth.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

smarxist posted:

I would like to think that now as a more aged man himself that Onstad would believe it to be loving awesome if Flava Flav was outside with a blinking tooth.

I think Flav’s been reappraised in the years since he stopped being a reality TV sideshow gremlin version of himself, and people remembered that Public Enemy slaps as much as it is based

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Ok Comboomer posted:

I think Flav’s been reappraised in the years since he stopped being a reality TV sideshow gremlin version of himself, and people remembered that Public Enemy slaps as much as it is based

Didn't Chuck D boot him out and say he didn't contribute anything

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

Didn't Chuck D boot him out and say he didn't contribute anything

yeah, I don’t buy it

https://youtu.be/MY6CpwbdMl8

https://youtu.be/8TkOGiXOkNM

https://youtu.be/6OGnMS_6LLI

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

lmao i forgot "God dammit! CRAP." came from the ray for president arc.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

The story I heard was that the label said "why don't you fire Flava Flav, you don't need a hype man" and they responded that he was composing a lot of their music.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Roobanguy posted:

lmao i forgot "God dammit! CRAP." came from the ray for president arc.

Ray's mom hasn't clapped since 1985's A View To A Kill.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Deathlove posted:

Ray's mom hasn't clapped since 1985's A View To A Kill.

Yessssssssss...

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I'm coming for your baby, Sssssondra

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

He is careless, but not like that

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Aw, yeah, man. Hooray.

Hooray for some guys.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Parking lot behind Pho Oregon, July 2011

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Needs a cat sized historical marker.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Phy posted:

Aw, yeah, man. Hooray.

Hooray for some guys.

Ray has a crush on being high pass it on

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh hey I've been there.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I remember an interview with Flavor where he said something like "even when I was stealing cars everybody in the neighborhood knew me as the kid who could play 16 instruments."

he didn't get booted booted but he refused to do a benefit for iirc Bernie (Chuck said FF never did anything for free) and got a temporary boot.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I don't know if it's still there, or remember its name, but there was a Mexican party restaurant in St. Joseph, Missouri in the 2000s that was absolutely the sort of place that would've tried to give you a Fiesta Name. All-Caucasian spins on Mexican-American cuisine, where their opening gambit was to stun you with a half-gallon frozen margarita so you don't notice the nachos are mid.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Pershing posted:

Needs a cat sized historical marker.

"Where it was confirmed a baseball cap can hold the average puke"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Achewood is canonically in California, the Pho Oregon incident is something that actually happened to Onstad himself, and I don’t think he’d be down to commemorate it with a plaque

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

:rip: Jeff Beck (1944-2023)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

of all the ways to find out

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Welcome to the only game in town.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Angry_Ed posted:

Welcome to the only game in town.

Used that one on my sister a week or two ago when the topic came upon her upcoming 20th birthday and she was having a moment about being "old"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ok Comboomer posted:

Achewood is canonically in California, the Pho Oregon incident is something that actually happened to Onstad himself, and I don’t think he’d be down to commemorate it with a plaque
Specifically it's Palo Alto. I lived there at the time and in his advice column Ray once mentioned a specific bar I recognized.

Pretty sure the town has gotten gentrified to gently caress since then though, which is impressive considering where it was starting from.