Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Woke mind virus is actually a cool thing about America :coolspot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they don't call it MKCringe

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Everyone knows that WMV-29 came from a lab leak in Frankfurt Germany.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

McUltra w/cheese

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

War and Pieces posted:

Everyone knows that WMV-29 came from a lab leak in Frankfurt Germany.

Yeah but it was a DARPA funded lab.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
they talk themselves up to an insane degree in job interviews

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
they love heartwarming uplifting stories that are really deeply depressing and sad, like classrooms of seven year olds begging on gofundme for a wheelchair for their classmate or a man walking five hours a day to get to and from his minimum wage job

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cruising in a cop car telling people to pull over, and then surprising them with a camera crew and some grocery coupons YAY!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

exmarx posted:

they talk themselves up to an insane degree in job interviews

this is so hosed up

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ArbitraryC posted:

Negative temperatures are literally nonsensical in the first place, so Celsius is just as dumb, arbitrary, and useless of a system as Farenheight and people who tend to make a big stink about it are the "I loving love science" facebook idiots who think science is a someone staring intently at a beaker as they swish it in circles.

ArbitraryC posted:

No I mean the actual definition of temperature is incompatible with the idea of there being negative temperatures and the reason Kelvin (or Rankine lmao) is necessary is as our understanding of thermodynamics increased this discrepancy became irreconcilable with the math associated with these fields. Celcius is just as made up and dumb unit of temperature measurement as farenheight is. If a country was using a scale with absolute zero they could get smug about it but afaik none do, everyone just uses something arbitrary that made sense at the time of invention for whatever reason and stuck around due to convenience.

my brother you are loving retarded

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
He is right, everyone should be using Kelvin and pascals because absolute measurements are the best

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

chopper city posted:

easily 2/3rds of this thread is stuff everyone in the west does. you guys are trying to launder your also being trash first worlders by dumping on america

being called out, feeling seen, and attempting to justify with “actually the ENTIRE world does this” :mad: = American af :discourse:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

EEKA GEEK posted:

being called out, feeling seen, and attempting to justify with “actually the ENTIRE world does this” :mad: = American af :discourse:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
serious question: if the rest of the world did or didn’t do it how would an American even know :nallears:

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
give every car an automatic transmission

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

chopper city posted:

easily 2/3rds of this thread is stuff everyone in the west does. you guys are trying to launder your also being trash first worlders by dumping on america

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmcpiM3SSOA

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

poisoning themselves in the kitchen

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

this is a bigger problem elsewhere than the USA, Americans are just louder than other people.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Swear to God my mother-in-law almost poisoned the entire family, she announced a few weeks back that she was going to start dicing up garlic and leaving it in oil in the fridge so it would always be ready to go and there would be garlic-flavored oil to use

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

veteran's discounts at restaurants, movie theaters etc.

guys constantly pointing out they served so you will heap glowing praise on them and if you don't you have made an enemy for life

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Absolutely losing their poo poo over "stolen valor" like that is even a real thing.

"Hey! you didn't earn that pink heart medallion and matching purple moon pin! Mom! Mooooomyy!!! I need an adult! :qq:"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

yellowcar posted:

speaking of minnesota, hotdish is pretty hosed up and disgusting

My mom fed a family of 5 for $9 with tuna hotdish and it was fine.

Wild Rice hotdish and wild rice soups are loving great.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

mawarannahr posted:

this is a bigger problem elsewhere than the USA, Americans are just louder than other people.
comparing the us to the WHO european region, it has about twice as many cases of food poisoning. the WHO european region includes not only europe proper, but also the entirety of russia, turkey, the caucasus, and central asia, making americans about 7 times more likely to poison themselves/each other.

you can also see it in popular culture, where americans talk about "stomach flues" like it's a perfectly normal thing that doesn't warrant a comment

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
"tried as an adult"

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Kazzah posted:

Eating yellow material wrapped in packaging that carefully avoids the word "cheese"

sometimes it's orange

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

comparing the us to the WHO european region, it has about twice as many cases of food poisoning. the WHO european region includes not only europe proper, but also the entirety of russia, turkey, the caucasus, and central asia, making americans about 7 times more likely to poison themselves/each other.

you can also see it in popular culture, where americans talk about "stomach flues" like it's a perfectly normal thing that doesn't warrant a comment

This shows how ignorant you are of American culture, most people get food poisoning eating out so they are technically poisoning themselves in someone else's kitchen.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

"tried as an adult"

"military aged male"

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

"tried as an adult"

And of course this does not apply to rich kids like that afluenza kid who killed four people and got off because those charges might "ruin his life"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its common practice to run a "background check" when youre hired for a job. Wth is this

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

A Buttery Pastry posted:

lol you’re absolutely right about that and it’s shameful

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

(I assume this is uniquely US)

credit checks in addition to background checks for certain jobs

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the State Plane Coordinate System

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

the State Plane Coordinate System

I hate this poo poo. Cram your FIPS up your rear end you crazy freaks!! I'll give you a lambert conformal on your freakin NADs!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mawarannahr posted:

I feel like these places have mastered the arcane technology known as "window" better than the yankee devil though.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

In Training posted:

its common practice to run a "background check" when youre hired for a job. Wth is this

Pissing in a cup for your boss

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Getting so angry at your kid's little league game that you point a gun at the volunteer referee's head

Getting so angry at Taco Bell that you point a gun at the cashiers head

etc. etc.

My city pays $45 a game to ump adult softball. I thought about it for fun and extra cash except the very American scenario above keeps me from signing up,

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Americans love having a social credit system but not calling it one.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

AnimeIsTrash posted:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it's an antisocial credit system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

cities that are mostly parking lots