Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Wtf is skull & bones

open world ubisoft pirate game that's at this point notorious for having been delayed a truly comical number of times (it started production in 2013!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4iliuIWxEE&t=46s

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It was announced in early 2019 that Ubisoft was partnering with Atlas Entertainment to adapt Skull and Bones into a television show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They would have cancelled it years ago, but they're on the hook for investment money and Singapore subsidies

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Muscle Tracer posted:

yeah but my point is, when is THE PROTAGONIST'S child (or parent for that matter) involved. like, your example is interesting exactly because of the family dynamic.

my problem is i can't fuckin think of any

i dont play dad games or semi-dad games and i don't know of any mom games

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Kerrzhe posted:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
A short hike is a kid / mom game. Mostly kid.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There was that one walky sim coming out where your mom is Keri Russell but Steve Gaynor was canceled and so is the game now probably.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

What Remains of Edith Finch is a mom game

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 11, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So is Anmesia Rebirth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF13 is a mom game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

exquisite tea posted:

I'm sorry but if you haven't beaten Malenia on NG+7 with an RL1 Wretch with the herald horn no summons no flasks no items, can you truly call yourself "a gamer."

https://twitter.com/MissMikkaa/status/1611104473698701313?t=4iYNh-bf1LT4wTfrQdv0Qw&s=19

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kerrzhe posted:

"Kazumi Mishima"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

There was that one walky sim coming out where your mom is Keri Russell but Steve Gaynor was canceled and so is the game now probably.

It’s still on track and sounds better than it was under Gaynor tbh: https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/2022/07/21/a-new-destination-how-open-roads-changed-direction-and-saved-its-turbulent-road?amp

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

what the gently caress is this madness

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hell yeah

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

FF13 is a mom game

No... stop it...

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Motto posted:

They've also canned 7 unannounced games in the past year due to "surprisingly slower" sales. Games getting canned early in dev is pretty normal, but still

I wonder what surprisingly slower sales means. What did Ubisoft put out last year? Mario and Rabbids, Just Dance, and some Assassin’s Creed dlc/rereleases? I wonder how much junk they had in their portfolio that they could cut 7 and still focus on their tent poles.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why was Steve Gaynor cancelled?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is there an emulation thread somewhere I'm not seeing? Or is it a against the rules or something? I wanted to try the PS3 for the first time with The Last of Us but running into some issues.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

No... stop it...

Moms

are

(get this)

dead

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

women have always been the most powerful gamers

a mere man could never

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mobby_6kl posted:

Is there an emulation thread somewhere I'm not seeing? Or is it a against the rules or something? I wanted to try the PS3 for the first time with The Last of Us but running into some issues.

If there is one it’s probably in the dedicated retro games forum, which is under the main Video Games

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/heyKipp/status/1459624404762042369

This is the sort of energy I wish I could have when I play Souls games, but I am dead inside.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

a little much...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mobby_6kl posted:

What's your issue?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Make sure you're running the nightly build of the PS3 emulator. But also, the Last of Us is marked as a game that you can get in-game with, but has problems and likely can't really be played from start to finish. No one is bothering with this one because it's on modern systems and soon is releasing for PC. Also read this https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=The_Last_of_Us it might be helpful.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I said come in! posted:

Make sure you're running the nightly build of the PS3 emulator. But also, the Last of Us is marked as a game that you can get in-game with, but has problems and likely can't really be played from start to finish. No one is bothering with this one because it's on modern systems and soon is releasing for PC.

I mean the RPCS3 Wiki says this

The Last of Us can be played from start to finish, but requires a good CPU and using RPCS3's patches (especially MLAA patch) for serviceable performance.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

The Last of Us can be played from start to finish, but requires a good CPU and using RPCS3's patches (especially MLAA patch) for serviceable performance.

okay fair enough. I didn't bother to read up on the latest info. :P PS3 emulation advances rapidly.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

I said come in! posted:

This is the sort of energy I wish I could have when I play Souls games, but I am dead inside.

A good impression of that boss

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

mobby_6kl posted:

you know there's a pc version coming out in 2 months right

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Yeah usually after a tough souls boss (orphan killed me so many drat times) I'm more just relieved it's finally over

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTg2y7ky9Hw

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Hm, that's the first I've heard about it in almost two years. Good for them, hope they turn it around.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Miyazaki's dream

wait, she's wearing socks. nevermind

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

What's your issue?
Something about an unimplemented syscall, I'm not on that PC now but I'll try this and see if that helps:

Rinkles posted:

Whether I have a "good CPU" is another matter of course

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

you know there's a pc version coming out in 2 months right
Yeah someone just pointed this out, but the TV show starts in 4 days so I wanted to check what it's about :)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
She always does that same little jump after succeeding and it’s funny as heck. Absolutely mind-blowing gamer skills

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Oh the show is that soon huh? Seems to be reviewing well but I’ll never watch it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How come?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It doesn't surprise me that TLOU is doing well since it's the kind of game that's custom made for serial TV. I'd be more interested to know how they made it feel non-derivative since without the video gamey elements it's kind of like "The Road but with Zombies"