Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching The Boring Identity and it is kind of goofy how the doctor who shows up to explain that Stan has amnesia is just Scott Grimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Why's that? Rachel MacFarlane voiced a good amount of minor characters (though it's pretty obvious when she did).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No, I mean the character design is just Scott IRL.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jan 9, 2023

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Oh drat that's dead on.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Dr. Gott Scrimes

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Does that doctor have the pipes of an angel, though?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

muscles like this! posted:

No, I mean the character design is just Scott IRL.

He’s playing his character from ER! :eng101:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Francine is a totally sane and stable individual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9tVcFTXMdA

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Francine is a totally sane and stable individual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9tVcFTXMdA

The best thing is she's reply to this with a shrug so what, and / or a belch. She owns it.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
In the American Dad survey I asked for more Francine & more of her family. Like her sister, Gwen, god she’s hot. Or the other one that survived the murder spree and sells makeup.

What did you ask for? I also asked them to get Greg & Terry back together.

Also, what did you vote as your favourite episode? I ended up going with the dead mall.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I want to see Bullock have to team up with Francine and her do something so vile it shocks him.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Tuttle and Principal Lewis should get married

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Andrew_1985 posted:

Also, what did you vote as your favourite episode? I ended up going with the dead mall.

I picked A League of His Own. I'm always a sucker for people in AD being way too into stuff, the teacher being way into fathers & fatherhood included. The rest of the episode was great too though, obviously.

Brawnfire posted:

Tuttle Klaus and Principal Lewis should get married

Fixed

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
GOLD TOP NUTS is the best episode ever ever

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I like the Gold Top Nuts episode enough, but I thought it was more weird than good tbh

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I wouldn't call it funny but it's an episode I very much enjoyed.

For this season, it's a tie between the Philadelphia episode and the watering hole one but I haven't seen the last few episodes. They haven't been on Xfinity for me, for whatever reason.

Speaking of favorites, on this __th rewatch I think the Roots-Standard Deviation season might be my favorite. The only episode out of that I'm cool on is Roots, but it's my favorite use of Billy and that guy blowing his own head off is just art.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Oh, were we supposed to be talking about favorite episodes of all time? I don't remember what I picked in the moment, but hopefully I went with Shell Game, the only episode I can think of where the A- and B-plots are equally amazing.

So, so many episodes out there where the A- and B-plots are amazing but one is a 9/10 and the other is like an 8.7 (looking at YOU, School Lies :colbert: ).

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

Oh, were we supposed to be talking about favorite episodes of all time? I don't remember what I picked in the moment, but hopefully I went with Shell Game, the only episode I can think of where the A- and B-plots are equally amazing.

Oh the question was for favorite from the season, I just went a bit off track.

quote:

So, so many episodes out there where the A- and B-plots are amazing but one is a 9/10 and the other is like an 8.7 (looking at YOU, School Lies :colbert: ).

"Why're we stopping here? I didn't stop at any red lights."

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
It's the part after all the random weird stuff where they go on the morning show and the host starts making GBS threads on them that I absolutely lose my loving mind. Just berating them for getting stranded on crazy memory wipe island and brutally mocking them for what they did when they had amnesia.

Sometimes I just start laughing randomly and some of those times it's because I'm remembering Gold Top Nuts.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

FireWorksWell posted:

Oh the question was for favorite from the season, I just went a bit off track.

Ah, gotcha.

quote:

"Why're we stopping here? I didn't stop at any red lights."

The more I think about it, the more I think School Lies might actually be my favoritest favorite episode. I feel like this would happen if I thought about the vast majority of the episodes for longer than ten seconds.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I love the bit where Stan's at the light and makes eye contact with Steve, but doesn't recognize him under the makeup/because his eyebrows were altered.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I also asked for more Franny but I can't believe I forgot about her hot sister

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I really love the Sgt. Pepper/Klaus is a therapost episode. The scene when everyone's secrets come out is beautiful.

The reveal that Roger is an outhouse cleaner in Iraq is also top tier.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

When I go to bed at night, I see men hovering over me with their naked asses in my face. I'm not ready to leave that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

FireWorksWell posted:

I love the bit where Stan's at the light and makes eye contact with Steve, but doesn't recognize him under the makeup/because his eyebrows were altered.

Oh he recognises him, he’s just actively not interacting.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

FireWorksWell posted:

I liked Mind Quad more than the plot about Steve joining a girl gang, tbh

limp_cheese posted:

I really love the Sgt. Pepper/Klaus is a therapost episode. The scene when everyone's secrets come out is beautiful.

The reveal that Roger is an outhouse cleaner in Iraq is also top tier.

Probably in my top ten B-plots of all time. This is one of those episodes where even though I love all of it, imho the B-plot is noticeably better than the A-plot.

Another example: the episode with the B-plot about the Harlem Globetrotters adopting Stan.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

GO AWAY!!! GET OUT OF HERE!!!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Son of Stan where Stan and Francine have a competition to see who can raise Steve better is another top tier one. Mainly for these 2 scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmfy2Ymrbk0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2rkJwanMkg

The B plot is also top tier Roger as he annoys Jeff and Hailey to give him the money they got for getting married. The look on Klaus's face as he a massive bong hit is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQharQ_KvxI

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I can picture the annoyed look into wide eyes as it goes on for like ten seconds.

Roger should have floated off though

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Harold Fjord posted:

GOLD TOP NUTS is the best episode ever ever

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

What didn't you like about this season of American Dad?

Toshi doesn't really speak anymore

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

The person who uploaded this really missed out on an opportunity to call it a Fran-scene.

quote:

The B plot is also top tier Roger as he annoys Jeff and Hailey to give him the money they got for getting married. The look on Klaus's face as he a massive bong hit is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQharQ_KvxI

Between this and the Barbra Does Celine scene, the drugs in Langley Falls must be top notch. :psyduck:

edit:

FireWorksWell posted:

Roger should have floated off though

Maybe the backpack & its contents weighed as much as a bag of cat food

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

For sure, Roger got his hands on the drug Euphoria from Beverly Hills 90201

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I picked "You Are Here" as my favorite episode of the season, it was such a gloriously bizarre concept executed so well.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Let's not downplay the free hay!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Between this and the Barbra Does Celine scene, the drugs in Langley Falls must be top notch. :psyduck:

You know it!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I rated all the family members high except Klaus, who I rated as "I don't know or recognize this character"

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

loving Klaus

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Quit shakin' her boob, Stan. She likes girls. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I got to pull the “Ohhh you shop at Ross” line earlier.