Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

CW: suicidal thoughts / ideation.
drop out

drop out

so i thought it would be a very good idea to actually read through the whole thing before continuing posting it. Drop Out is really not a Comic About Lesbians so much as it is a comic that explores what it means to be who you are and what that looks like for people who don't know who they are yet. It's incredibly gripping in some places and the drama is pretty well executed.

The plot up to this point is two girlfriends decide life sucks- everything is painful, and they barely know what it's like to feel normal without the assistance of drugs or medication so Sugar comes up with a plan where they can both die together at the same time- throw themselves hand in hand into the grand canyon. It's very morose but i think it's a very powerful comic. The ending is harrowing and had me crying and snotting all over the place. No huge achievement as I'm a bit of a crybaby, but I think that if a comic can have that effect on someone it's worth posting as others may also be moved by it.

without further ado, the road trip continues:

CW: suicidal thoughts / ideation.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Boba Pearl posted:

oh gently caress I feel this one.

Sounds like you need to sharpen your knives!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The ending is harrowing and had me crying and snotting all over the place.

If anybody who is reading this thread is sensitive to suicide themes and doesn't want to keep reading this comic without knowing who lives or dies, here is convenient and brief spoiler: Nobody ends up dying

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

Uramachi Sakaba

I probably forgot to say that I really enjoy this comic, and it's very nostalgic for me.
Thanks for posting it.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

so i thought it would be a very good idea to actually read through the whole thing before continuing posting it. Drop Out is really not a Comic About Lesbians so much as it is a comic that explores what it means to be who you are and what that looks like for people who don't know who they are yet. It's incredibly gripping in some places and the drama is pretty well executed.

The plot up to this point is two girlfriends decide life sucks- everything is painful, and they barely know what it's like to feel normal without the assistance of drugs or medication so Sugar comes up with a plan where they can both die together at the same time- throw themselves hand in hand into the grand canyon. It's very morose but i think it's a very powerful comic. The ending is harrowing and had me crying and snotting all over the place. No huge achievement as I'm a bit of a crybaby, but I think that if a comic can have that effect on someone it's worth posting as others may also be moved by it.

yeah made me cry hardcore too and yet here i am back again reading it and loving it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a comic that's legally required to feature no lesbians! I checked! It's Hell was Full!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

TOGETHER by @hausofdecline

feels good man

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

not cool, dude

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Previously on Opplopolis: the letter is an actual ciphered document, I'll be darned.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

That "then four years later" panel is effective, drat

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: There's a reason we haven't seen any Unbound Devils in the comic yet

quote:

The breaking of chains

Alt: Out in the reaches, where the crawling things burrow deep in the flesh of the world

quote:

Camilla: You sir, should unmask.

Stranger: Indeed?

Cassilda: Indeed it’s time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.

Stranger: I wear no mask.

Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

– The King in Yellow, Act 1, Scene 2d
The Drulle referenced in this page is presumably the same Drulle who wrote the Daemonica Maleficum excerpted in earlier posts

Alt: The Virtue of Ignorance

This page has one of my favorite panels of the entire comic

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kit Walker posted:

Alt: The Virtue of Ignorance

:allears:

Allison as Furious Dumbass is one of my favourite parts of KSBD every time it happens.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kit Walker posted:

This page has one of my favorite panels of the entire comic
"I'm drunk as hell and i have no idea what I'm doing"? Because that's my favorite one on that page

Also, drat you for cutting right before the name :argh:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
POST. THE. NAAAAAAME.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
gently caress IT WE'RE DOING IT LIVE

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

And now for the thrilling, super sized, conclusion to Swan Boy: Baptiste vs Baptiste

You forgot about the wall, didn’t you?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

K6BD: "that's my mask" mirroring "those are my clothes" from BACK so well I got a bonus laugh.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

HE IS A GOOD BOY.

Youremother has a new favorite as of 21:24 on Jan 11, 2023

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joost tosses roses in God's face to distract him, then attacks from God's blind side (thanks to Dark Knight)! He slices off God's arm, then brings the sword down on his head with an overhand chop!

Read right to left:

God moving and talking while split in half is one of my favorite things Araki's drawn

Chapter 39 - And He Came, Jonathan is Ready: END

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Youremother posted:

HE IS A GOOD BOY.

Okay of all the things this lil poo poo has done and said so far to show how lazy he is, deciding to just go "gently caress it, Satan is a name I know" when trying to summon a demon is just, holy poo poo lol

e: the negotiation with satan is making me lmao irl

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

I cant wait to see what the translation does to God's 'space ripper stingy eyes attack'

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I cant wait to see what the translation does to God's 'space ripper stingy eyes attack'

God never names it, sadly. We don't see that name until Part 2 with Straits, who come to think of it, if they got named in this translation I missed it lol

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Youremother, would you consider linking your previous posts for HIAGB? I've already read it before, but it's easy to miss posts in this thread when trying to keep up with it, I often see an update to something I'm reading and click that quote link once or twice when I realize I missed something, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

rodbeard posted:

Chapter 9

In the other thread Giant Ethicist mentioned that "prince" would have the context of "Casanova" here.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RandolphCarter posted:

And now for the thrilling, super sized, conclusion to Swan Boy: Baptiste vs Baptiste

lol I'd forgotten about The Chair, that got me so good

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:v:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

:blastu::dogcited:

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

fritz posted:

Penultimate Quest

Penultimate Quest

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Ditocoaf posted:

Youremother, would you consider linking your previous posts for HIAGB? I've already read it before, but it's easy to miss posts in this thread when trying to keep up with it, I often see an update to something I'm reading and click that quote link once or twice when I realize I missed something, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Just went back and fixed 'em all :thumbsup:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

The summoning manual clearly being based on an IKEA instruction manual was just wonderful.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It's cool how Opplopolis could have milked the "who is tommy??" question for extra drama and mystery, but instead resolves it instantly with charm and immense style. This is A Good Comic

skeleton warrior posted:

The summoning manual clearly being based on an IKEA instruction manual was just wonderful.

The other method only works if you're a drunk furious sorority sister

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

RandolphCarter posted:

COMPUTER

INCREASE TEXT SIZE

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I'm mad at myself for chickening out yesterday, so I'm posting medieval Japanese warlords getting weird about pottery.

This is Hyouge Mono (Comical Fellow). The blurb here is pretty accurate:

Hyouge Mono is... a bit of a strange bird. It's a comedy, but it also features some Game of Thrones tier politics. It's based (loosely) on actual historical events and the characters definitely feel like people from their time, even if it makes them a little difficult to understand at times. I'm honestly not sure why I like it so much, but I do. I do have a couple reservations, but I'll save those for later. This is a long running manga, I'm not committing to posting all of it. I'll just do the first chapter for now.

{b]Chapter 1: Would You Die for a Tea Kettle!?[/b]

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

:allears:

Allison as Furious Dumbass is one of my favourite parts of KSBD every time it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tree Bucket posted:

It's cool how Opplopolis could have milked the "who is tommy??" question for extra drama and mystery, but instead resolves it instantly with charm and immense style. This is A Good Comic
Why is he dressed like little Lord Fauntleroy though???