Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

exquisite tea posted:

Why isn't there a Columbo video game.

Do you have an Apple Newton?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeUncT6OdEU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

exquisite tea posted:

No I want Columbo.

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

A detective adventure game where you're shown exactly how the murder is done step by step by step at the start of each level then spend your entire play time doing dialog puzzles trying to piss off a rich dude enough that he snaps and yells about how he did the murder.

I wanna play it.

People saying phoenix wright are wrong because you still have to work out who did the murder first - columbo always just knows, he instantly knows within 13 seconds of meeting the murderer. You get a tiny tiny sliver of that in phoenix in that you get a little bit of insight into how the murder has happened in the opening cutscene, but it's not as all out open-book as columbo is, where you see exactly how they did it, where they stashed all the evidence, motive, etc, all right up front in act 1

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

> Truth
> Doubt
> Just One More Thing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Cyberpunk 2077 is a mom game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

exquisite tea posted:

> Truth
> Doubt
> Just One More Thing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

https://twitter.com/heyKipp/status/1459624404762042369

This is the sort of energy I wish I could have when I play Souls games, but I am dead inside.

This is the appropriate energy for Orphan. Here's my first kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d33AeAodjDk&t=13958s

Bloodborne, particularly The Old Hunters, was extremely cathartic mid-Pandemic where I was just angry at everything and needed to hit things. Especially having Goons along for the ride :allears:

Honestly wish I could wipe Bloodborne from my memory to experience it for the first time all over again.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

exquisite tea posted:

I'm pretty sure he's in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius.

EDIT: too slow!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Columboner

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/HogwartsLegacy/status/1613175447763972096

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

simon "i really need to get the driveway repaved" pegg

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Nigellus Black???? Jesus christ

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1613162836921819138?t=FLMiU0DBkxox4kkLXhrUvg&s=19

Uuummmmm

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's a clickbait headline, FF16 has the usual six month exclusivity period and then it'll make its way to PCs

the "buy a playstation 5" bit is very much said in a tongue-in-cheek way in the quote, like it's the company line and he can't really do anything to change it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cool game, shame I will never play it

Honestly even with the limited exclusivity I'm just tired of this dog and pony show with Sony.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I mean.. Sony wants you to buy their console + games, so yeah?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

this chorus runs through my head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV5rIW1Qums&t=138s

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Hung out with some weird looking cats.

Bonus vid my partner took

https://twitter.com/GoodluckAlec/status/1613325221091758080?s=20&t=FIylyUdp--RkSTLQ0CCLhA

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Vermain posted:

it's a clickbait headline, FF16 has the usual six month exclusivity period and then it'll make its way to PCs

the "buy a playstation 5" bit is very much said in a tongue-in-cheek way in the quote, like it's the company line and he can't really do anything to change it

I hope so at least

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Every so often I see https://store.steampowered.com/app/1159690/Voidtrain/ and think "I would love an Infinity Train-like video game", then see that instead of having a story it's procedurally generated

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Vaguely terrifying to me for some reason

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
gumshoe isn't really anything like columbo other than looking shabby...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Good thing I've already got a ps5

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I’ve been a Final Fantasy fanboy and a PlayStation stan since their first offerings and I’m weirdly sad that there isn’t a reason for me to get excited about the PS5. It’s Neat, but Neat doesn’t justify its sticker price or library hassles. I bought a PSX for Final Fantasy VII but FFXVI isn’t moving my needle. Not sure if that’s a reaction to FFXV and or shifting tastes, but I would have thought that now that I’m in a position where I could purchase the new console that will have the new FF game I would be more excited. Sony needs exclusives but this generation of consoles is just weird.

I did just upgrade my PC to be top of the line by 2015 standards so I guess I can just play it on my computer eventually, but I’ve been a console gamer for so long that I don’t think of it as an option.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
PS4 is the worst PlayStation, it’s too bad

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Many people are calling it the Bloodborne Jailer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PlayStation 5 more like PlayStation Bad. Should have made a successor to Vita instead.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vermain posted:

FF7R took 20 months to appear on PC, and when it did it the port was rough as hell. It also never made its way to another console. All bets are off.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

What the gently caress am I supposed to do with all this copper ore?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

make bronze?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

FF7R took 20 months to appear on PC, and when it did it the port was rough as hell. It also never made its way to another console. All bets are off.

my calculation is that a mainline title's gonna make the leap a lot faster, especially since it's being directed by one of the few actual PC gamers in japan

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idk if a game-director-who-works-at-a-monstercorp’s personal preferences will enter the equation in this case

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Idk if a game-director-who-works-at-a-monstercorp’s personal preferences will enter the equation in this case

considering he's also on the board of directors, it very well may

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

if there's a smithy in this game I haven't unlocked it yet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Imagining Return of the Obra Dinn but if you got to interrogate people.

There's probably a hidden object game or 2 aping Columbo but I'm having trouble thinking of any detective games with the exact setup of the howcatchems like Columbo.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

What the gently caress am I supposed to do with all this copper ore?

i know a man who can make some fine ingots

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vermain posted:

my calculation is that a mainline title's gonna make the leap a lot faster, especially since it's being directed by one of the few actual PC gamers in japan

Based on what?

The previous mainline FF took 16 months to hit PC.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When we gonna get a versus fighting game starring media's greatest detectives and their rivals?

So many character choices to pick from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oxxidation posted:

i know a man who can make some fine ingots

I hear they treat servants well too!