Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
One thing I dislike about the game, even after getting almost all I gear I want at 370-380 power and adequate blessings, is I highly dislike the RNG stats on the weapons, there are a multitude of weapons that will only feel good if they hit a very specific threshold in certain stats and someone could easily get discouraged or never try a weapon or character again because they were running with a version of the weapon with 2% less damage then needed to reach a threshold or only had 20% in a vital stat bar, or in stat bars like mobility it'll jump in max dodges only if you reach the specific thresholds and do almost nothing before that or bars that effectively stop giving benefits before 80% because of the scaling.

While it wasn't perfect I much prefer VT2 where you knew what you were getting, every rapier is going to perform the exact same in gameplay feel as any other rapier and you can toss on the perks and blessings to finalize what you want it to perform better in, though it could be argued that attack speed and crit were almost universally too good on everything, especially attack speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

40 Proof Listerine posted:

The Mk2 Helbore is the one that handles the closest to the Kantrael Mk12, it has the shortest charge time and about 25% more damage than the Mk12. If you get a good charge time roll it slams out shots about as fast as the Kantrael.

The Mk1 is the balanced stat one and the Mk3 is the heavy charge one and both of them can body shot shooters on Damnation with a charged attack. They both do a bazillion damage on weak spot hit and if you crit (easiest with Deadshot) can even do over 1k damage to Carapace weak spots.

The uncharged attacks aren't very ammo efficient and should be used only in a pinch.

If you get the blessing for reduced charge time on chained attacks that's a winner.

Thank you! I'll keep an eye out for MK1s and MK2s, I guess.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

rideANDxORdie posted:

Last time I checked player counts DT was out of the top 100 and was behind Risk of Rain 2, DRG, payday 2 and massively behind l4d2. Probably not a great sign when people prefer a game that's 15 years old or w/e

Arghy posted:

The bots being an after thought in a game thats rapidly losing player count is also absolutely insane. Wanna keep playing even though everyone else isn't? well get hosed because we refuse to give you functional bots.

These 2 are my biggest worry, its so hard to get a full game ... i just want to play the game and sometimes i straight up cant (like i could play on difficulty 3 or less but thats too easy i like the craziness and challenge of the harder ones)

The bots are beyond useless , had a game where it was down to me and 1 bot and a dog jumped on me and the bot is just running around tapping stuff with the catachan sword doing jackshit. Man loving either program the enemies to prioritize the bots or program the bots to immediately assist the player gently caress

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I also think it isn't just lack of players to get a game but whatever matchmaking they are doing is absolutely terrible, I'd sit around with the bots for afew minutes with no one joining, friend gets on to join, has trouble connecting at all.

I'm mostly just playing with friends now and then, waiting for a patch that does something besides ENDLESS GODFORSAKEN POXHOUNDS.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i honestly haven’t even gotten all my characters to 30 yet, i’ve tabled the game until it gets a few patches under its belt at this point

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I am hoping it will pull a total warhammer 3, released with half-baked missing features, playerbase drops to 1k per day, big major content patch everyone was waiting for drops and 10k playerbase immediately.

It also probably didn't help that right before they went on a long holiday break the patch that said they were introducing 3 new mission modifiers turned into removing 2 current modifiers and replacing them with OOPS ALL DOGS, also kind of lovely there hasn't been a word from fatshark on what happpened to them.

My theory is something was messed up with the throneside darkness lighting and they couldn't figure how to not include it in the modifier rotation so they just scrapped the modifier until they worked on it.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
dead game

this whole "game is dead in 6 months they hosed it fotshoooork" horseshit quite literally happened with vt2 but to my complete lack of surprise goons have already rose-colored glasses'd and rehabilitated that game's launch and lifetime so loving whatever, you'll all be back lmao

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don’t see how “you’ll be back in 6 months once they’ve patched it a bunch” is contrary to what anyone’s been saying though

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

toasterwarrior posted:

dead game

this whole "game is dead in 6 months they hosed it fotshoooork" horseshit quite literally happened with vt2 but to my complete lack of surprise goons have already rose-colored glasses'd and rehabilitated that game's launch and lifetime so loving whatever, you'll all be back lmao

Oh I think it will populate again when content drops. But it could have been better.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
it'd have a lot more sting if the same faces i see swearing off fatshark after the Disaster of Vermintide 2 Forever havent literally returned to that game in time, and then bought this one, and then do the same old song and dance with this one, with a lovely dash of revisionism on top

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hey look the fun parts-

Loner Psyker is a stan for Melk:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294127738774880256/1062913286024204348/I_stan_for_Lord_Darius_Melk.mp4

Loner Pskyer is best psyker voice, fite me m8:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294127738774880256/1062913755144519720/Vet_multi-classed_into_Psyker.mp4

And finally I bless this thread with Sideways Dog, the horizontal version of Space Dog:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294127738774880256/1062914115858878524/Sideways_Dog.mp4

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Double Posting to declare that yeah, Void Strike feels way good. Trauma is just such a crap variant by comparison lol.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

surge has got its proponents for the instantaneous, unavoidable stun, and purgatus has got a few people on its side for the chaff clear, but trauma stands alone as the staff that literally no one has any use case for

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Trauma should launch everything into the air in a humorous manner

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Cowcaster posted:

surge has got its proponents for the instantaneous, unavoidable stun, and purgatus has got a few people on its side for the chaff clear, but trauma stands alone as the staff that literally no one has any use case for
it go "phoont" and removes legs from heretics.

i really think it could give you maybe 50% of the current peril generation and it might make for some cool spammy builds (that are still less effective against hordes than just holding down m1 with a recon lasgun)

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Cowcaster posted:

Trauma staff generates the most gibs instantly so it's a winner

It's decent vs all armor types which is a nice lagniappe and really the explosions are what it's about

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They need to double the size + speed + range of trauma. Then it would be great

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well i stand corrected, the trauma staff has its supporters who quite obviously have never tried the voidstrike

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also i think that one guy was just posting because he got to use the term "lagniappe"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This launch is way better than VT2's because by comparison the moment to moment gameplay actually works. for every time the darktide netcode drops your hit or a hound does something janky, VT2 would do something that straight up killed a player or ended your run like spawn a patrol out of thin air on top of you, and that game didn't have a toughness bar to ameliorate a bunch of its issues. darktide still has more than a few issues that mean I've settled into just chilling on difficulty 3 instead of tryharding the game, but if I actually wrote out the comprehensive list of issues with both of their gameplay at launch, VT2's would be ten times as long.

obviously this is glossing over everything outside of that moment to moment gameplay where darktide is just indefensible, but a game can be worth the time even with some broken itemization and progression mechanics as long as it's actually fun to play. the reverse would not be true.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/qeo5r1A.mp4

is this the vermintide that i've heard so much about

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The dumb face on they thing when he turned it around absolutely killed me.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Kith posted:

https://i.imgur.com/qeo5r1A.mp4

is this the vermintide that i've heard so much about

A blackrat - a challenge at last!

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
is it just me or does darktide just feel.. shittier now. like, less responsive, weird, laggy

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

terrorist ambulance posted:

is it just me or does darktide just feel.. shittier now. like, less responsive, weird, laggy

Probably just you. It's improved way more than the launch for me, when I'd be getting DC'd every 5 minutes during a match.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

terrorist ambulance posted:

It does. I keep getting one stragglers most of the time as well after we definitely clear a hall that nukes half my toughness in one hit too which is getting tiring.

Also noticing a lot more player disconnects

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Used to be able to easily and reliably dodge/push dogs. Now it's a 50/50 when everything looks like it should line up right. Poxbursters are impossible to push

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

skaianDestiny posted:

Probably just you. It's improved way more than the launch for me, when I'd be getting DC'd every 5 minutes during a match.

Naw, the general performance on the computer is much better than beta or at launch, but the server performance is a million times worse. Hit reg is way off lately, weapon swapping can get stuck, matchmaking is poo poo, and the "AI director" seems to go crazy more often lately.

I'd say they probably need to do something about the servers as we basically haven't had a patch maintenance period for 3+ weeks at this point. There is a probably some huge cache that normally gets dumped during patch cycles thats just taking up space in azure.

The AI director stuff is really funny though. Had a level 1 mission where the director wouldnt stop spawning hordes - made it a lot more fun but was probably frustrating if anyone was actually low level. Lots of level 2-3 missions with insane even higher than high intensity enemy density. Mission where the director wouldn't stop spawning specials even though we were moving, like 3 muties, 3 dogs, 2 flamers, trappers, etc all at the same time on malice, very funny. Then of course the normal "damnation mission is secretly high intensity".

They should make non stop horde a mode.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
it just feels like your guy is drunk now, or fighting underwater, or something. most of the time it doesn't really matter, it just is kind of annoying, but some aspects are quite irritating - like I'm pretty sure the audio cue for being attacked for behind is not playing all the time, so during the scanning finale or whatever you're just getting butt stabbed constantly

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Something weird and actually beneficial that's only been happening lately wrt to the servers: I'll walk forward and swing at a poxwalker too early, be clearly out of range and correctly not get a hit marker, but then shortly after they'll fall over dead anyways as if I did land the blow.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I really hope the get the gamepass working with steam users thing sorted cause I have the game on both but my friends were playing on gamepass so now I'm stuck unless I want to start over(I do not).

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Okay, what's the secret to using the thunder hammer? I finally got a good one and it just feels terrible. And this is with a couple hundred hours as IB w/ 2-h hammer in VT2.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Internet Explorer posted:

Okay, what's the secret to using the thunder hammer?

Don't.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, that's kind of been my takeaway. I just see... way too many people using it? It definitely seems bad.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
It's fun but it has shortcomings you need to overcome with your ranged weapon. Flamer or a braced autogun can be used against hordes so you don't have as glaring weaknesses.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Yeah, that's kind of been my takeaway. I just see... way too many people using it? It definitely seems bad.

Use the special attack on single enemy targets and hope a pox walker doesn't lag into your swing wasting the charge up. Hitting enemies into the air with it is very fun, but its not really very "effective"

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I had a scripture mission that managed to spawn no scriptures somehow.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The Demilich posted:

I had a scripture mission that managed to spawn no scriptures somehow.

are you sure you didn't spend the requisite 80 minutes combing every single corner of every single cranny to find them? check and mate

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Actually yes lol, it was excepting weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Okay, what's the secret to using the thunder hammer? I finally got a good one and it just feels terrible. And this is with a couple hundred hours as IB w/ 2-h hammer in VT2.

power sword: cleaves through everything with enhanced damage. basically no case where it isn't worth charging it and chopping anything in melee range, other than a block attack to chop a head off a poxwalker
thunder hammer: you can charge it, and swing, but it'll hit anything but your intended target, and won't cleave much. the sweeps are ok but you'll get hit setting them up. good luck, try rolling for a lacerate dagger or momentum axe instead