Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Sticky Nate posted:

MOTY: Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal vs The Acclaimed (c) - Battle of the Belts V

emptyquote

edit: yes that means i'm nthing it

although i guess this isn't an emptyquote now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
As Robert Plant famously never sang "wanna whole lotta noms"

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17

HM: Catch 2/2 vs LiYoh
HM: Kairi vs Tam Nakano
HM: Bishamon vs FTR
HM: Zack Sabre Jr vs Ren Narita
HM: Tama Tonga vs Karl Anderson
HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs Taiji Ishimori vs El Desperado vs Master Wato
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Will Ospreay
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Jay White

AEW Dynamite 4/1

HM: Ricky Starks vs Chris Jericho
HM: AR Fox vs Swerve Strickland
HM: Darby Allin vs Samoa Joe

AEW Rampage/Battle of the Belts 6/1

HM: Jon Moxley & Bryan Danielson vs Top Flight
HM: Orange Cassidy vs Kip Sabian

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kyushu Pro Jokyo January 3rd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7gGrxcyv6k
MOTYC
Hikaru Sato vs Hitamaru Sasaki - UWF Rules

HM
Kazuki Hashimoto vs. Sora Issun
Kodai Nozaki (c) vs TAJIRI - Kyushu Pro TItle

Fun little show, the UWF match was just as rad as I expected from Sato

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
4th January
TJPW Tokyo Joshi Pro '23
New Year Rabbits & Horns Match
Hyper Misao vs Shoko Nakajima
https://vk.com/video-4499945_456250127?t=1h16m16s

Is this good in a traditional sense? Not especially, it's not Bret vs Owen, clearly. But is it a hoot? Yes, so it achieved what they set out to do. Very fun.

MOTYC
4th January
TJPW Tokyo Joshi Pro '23
TJPW Princess of Princess Title
Yuka Sakazaki(c) vs Miyu Yamashita
https://vk.com/video-4499945_456250127?t=2h33m27s

Is this good in a traditional sense? Yeah, it really is. These 2 women are great, of course they have a good match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
1/1
Pro Wrestling WAVE WAVE NAMI 1 ~ Nami Hajime ~ Go Wave
Regina Di WAVE Title
Hikaru Shida(c) vs Risa Sera
https://vk.com/video-4499945_456250141?t=1h56m0s

Real good match between teacher & student, with a lot of Ice Ribbon history

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 9, 2023

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 1/6

HM: Top Flight (Darius & Dante Martin) vs. Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley & Bryan Danielson)
HM: The Killer and the Pillar (Jamie Hayter & Dr. Britt Baker) vs. The Renegades (Charlette & Robyn Renegade)
HM: Darby Allin vs. Mike Bennett

AEW Battle of the Belts 1/6

MOTYC: The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens) vs. Team Slapnuts (Jeff Jarett & Jay Lethal)
HM: Jade Cargill vs. Skye Blue
HM: Kip Sabian vs. Orange Cassidy

Nthing all of these. Great night of pro wrestling.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 1/6

MOTYC: Top Flight (Darius & Dante Martin) vs. Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley & Bryan Danielson)
HM: Darby Allin vs. Mike Bennett

AEW Battle of the Belts 1/6

HM: The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens) vs. Team Slapnuts (Jeff Jarett & Jay Lethal)
HM: Kip Sabian vs. Orange Cassidy

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
4th January
TJPW Tokyo Joshi Pro '23
TJPW Princess of Princess Title
Yuka Sakazaki(c) vs Miyu Yamashita
https://vk.com/video-4499945_456250127?t=2h33m27s

Is this good in a traditional sense? Yeah, it really is. These 2 women are great, of course they have a good match.

Nth for this one. Scary fall at the start of the match notwithstanding.

Couldn't really get into the Shida/sera match. I feel like I'm on a completely different wavelength to everyone else when it comes to Risa Sera. I know a lot of people like her but I don't really get it

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
HM Stardom January 8: Syuri & Mayu Iwatani vs. Maika & Utami Hayashishida

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
5th January
DDT New Year Pro Wrestling Festival
Kazusada Higuchi vs Yuki Ishida

This whipped. This show had a few vets vs rookie matches but this was the highlight, Ishida showed great spirit, Higuchi beat his rear end.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Dark Elevation 1/9

HM: Schaff vs Brian Cage

Two dudes just doing tons of big moves to each other and kicking out of big moves to our delight.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 1/9

Two dudes just doing tons of big moves to each other and kicking out of big moves to our delight.

Nth

Also

AEW Dark Elevation 1/9

HM: The Kingdom (Mike Bennett & Matt Taven) vs. Bollywood Boyz (Gurv Sihra & Harv Sihra)
HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Josh Woods
HM: Christopher Daniels vs. Bandido

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 1/9

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 1/9

HM: The Kingdom (Mike Bennett & Matt Taven) vs. Bollywood Boyz (Gurv Sihra & Harv Sihra)
HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Josh Woods
HM: Christopher Daniels vs. Bandido

nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Schaff v. Brian Cage - AEW Dark Elevation 1/9
HM: The Wingmen & Ari Daivari v. House of Black - AEW Dark Elevation 1/9
HM: The Kingdom (Mike Bennett & Matt Taven) v. Bollywood Boyz (Gurv Sihra & Harv Sihra) - AEW Dark Elevation 1/9
HM: Claudio Castagnoli v. Josh Woods - AEW Dark Elevation 1/9

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
8th January
Pro Wrestling NOAH New Sunrise 2023
Scramble Shuffle Tournament 1st Round
Hi69 & Naomichi Marufuji vs Katsuhiko Nakajima & Seiki Yoshioka

The gimmick of this tournament is that every team is one Kongo member teaming with one other roster member, which is fun & results in some unusual collisions. Obviously this was the standout of the 1st round, helping by how over with the crowd Hi69 was!

The other match worth a watch is the main event, Jake Lee vs Yoshiki Imamura, with Inamura as firey as ever. How the gently caress NOAH don't see what they have in him I don't know.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Circuit City Winter ~ Kobe Performance ~ January 7th
HM
Trish Adora and Wasteland War Party (Heidi Howitzer and Max the Impaler) vs Pom Harajuku and DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi)
- Crowd loves Pom's continuing nightmare. If this end's up her as tag champ it will be the greatest storyline in the history of wrestling. Max in TJPW has been such an absolute delight

DDT New Year's Current Explosion! January 7th
HM
Atsushi Onita and 37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Toi Kojima) vs Sanshiro Takagi, Soma Takao and Akito - Timebomb & Current Blast Bat Deathmatch
- Really like guys having dedicated deathmatch attire, whenever Akito shows up in the business suit or Kojima with suspenders I know they'll be up to some poo poo. Didn't seem as truncated as Onita's last explosion match but didn't drag like some other matches he's had recently, just some good old fashioned sloppy explosion fun. Had a big lol at them paying tribute to the AEW explosion match ending as well, even if ref Matsui did get momentarily confused as to who was teaming with who

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
1st January
ZERO1 Happy New Year
Fuminori Abe vs Satsuki Nagao
Watch this here

Dear NJPW World, Fite, IWTV, Wrestle Universe, anyone really, get the rights to ZERO1 for your service for the love of Allah. It's a good year if I get to see 6 shows a year, but their young talent is real good, like Ryo Hoshino, Satsuki Nagao & Shoki Kitamura. This was just a great straight forward stiff match. God drat Abe rules.

HM
1st January
ZERO1 Happy New Year
Shoki Kitamura vs Takuya Sugawara
Watch this here

Sugawara actually appeared a bit motivated, which is a pleasant change. Kitamura is growing very Otani-like, which is good. Sugawara gets great heat from avoiding the facewash spot, and focuses his attack on the left leg, which pays off. Love the spot where Kitamura floats over on a suplex counter only to corpse as he lands because of his knee. The only real knock is that I'm not sure Sugawara really did enough to warrant that level of hosed up leg but hey. Kitamura really brings a compelling level of heart & spirit to his performances. So happy he's showing up in NOAH sometimes.

MOTYC
1st January
ZERO1 Happy New Year
ZERO1 World Heavyweight Title
Masato Tanaka (c) vs Masa Kitamiya
Watch this here

I'm writing up a post for J-ru's Fave Wrestlers 2023 thread & after showing some restraint I've got it down to 25. One of those is Masato Tanaka, who turns 50 next month & celebrates 30 years since his debut in July, so this is a big year for him. I say all that to point out how loving ridiculous it is that Masato Tanaka can still go like this. He's been a top tier wrestler since about '98, he's taken so many insane bumps & chair shots & I wonder how he's still walking, never mind wrestling like a man 20 years younger. It's inspirational.

None of that has anything to do with the match though, I just wanted to rhapsodise about an under-appreciated great. The match is great though, obviously, Kitamiya more than holds his end up, there's a great finishing stretch.

ZERO1 is cool

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 12, 2023

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark 1/10

HM: Juice Robinson vs. Travis Williams
HM: Willow Nightingale & Ruby Soho vs. Emi Sakura & Diamante
HM: Marina Shafir vs. Athena

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Dark 1/10

HM: Athena vs Marina Shafir

That kicked rear end and I love Athena doing all sorts of corny heel stuff on top of being an rear end kicking heel.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
8th January
Stardom Triangle Derby I Night 3
Triangle Derby I
Cosmic Angels (Natsupoi, SAKI & Tam Nakano) vs Prominence (Hiragi Kurumi, Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki)
Watch the match

MOTYC
8th January
Stardom Triangle Derby I Night 3
Maika & Utami Hayashishita vs Mayu Iwatani & Syuri
Watch the match

This was a match thrown together after Starlight Kid had to pull out of her match with sickness. And it's great, even without considering the last minute nature. 4 great wrestlers being great.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 11, 2023

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Dark 1/10

That kicked rear end and I love Athena doing all sorts of corny heel stuff on top of being an rear end kicking heel.

this is a drat fine match nth

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Dark 1/10

nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

One of those is Masato Tanaka, who turns 50 next month & celebrates 30 years since his debut in July, so this is a big year for him. I say all that to point out how loving ridiculous it is that Masato Tanaka can still go like this. He's been a top tier wrestler since about '98, he's taken so many insane bumps & chair shots & I wonder how he's still walking, never mind wrestling like a man 20 years younger. It's inspirational.

None of that has anything to do with the match though, I just wanted to rhapsodise about an under-appreciated great. The match is great though, obviously, Kitamiya more than holds his end up, there's a great finishing stretch.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard Masato Tanaka's name over the last DECADE and run through the process of,"Wait? He's ALIVE!?!" followed by,"He's still WRESTLING!?!" followed by,"REGULARLY?" followed by,"And he's actually still really drat good and hasn't slowed down in the slightest!?!?!"

It's.... no, it defies ALL reason, but it rules!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Circuit City Winter ~ Kobe Performance ~ January 7th
HM
Trish Adora and Wasteland War Party (Heidi Howitzer and Max the Impaler) vs Pom Harajuku and DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi)
- Crowd loves Pom's continuing nightmare. If this end's up her as tag champ it will be the greatest storyline in the history of wrestling. Max in TJPW has been such an absolute delight

Seconding, loved how into everything the crowd was, and the Pom/Max dynamic still hasn't gotten old.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
11th January
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 3
Eita, Naruki Doi & Punch Tominaga vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Jason Lee & Strong Machine J)
Watch it here

Delightful comedy opener. Nobody likes Punch Tominaga.

HM
11th January
D'courage (Dragon Dia, Madoka Kikuta & Yuki Yoshioka) vs Gold Class (Ben-K, Kota Minoura & Minorita)
Watch this here

Minorita's mini belt really is the best

HM
11th January
Losing Unit Disbands Elimination Tag
High-End (Dragon Kid, KAGETORA & YAMATO), Mondai Ryu & Takashi Yoshida vs Z-Brats (BxB Hulk, HYO, ISHIN, KAI & Shun Skywalker)
Watch this here

Far from the best disbands match, & I have a couple minor qualms about how the way it was built but DG are so good at these matches that you care despite the result being obvious & no one caring about High-End

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 12, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Hangman Adam Page vs. Jon Moxley - AEW Dynamite 1/11

It's January 11th and "just" a Dynamite, there was no reason to go THIS hard.... but they sure as gently caress did! :stwoon:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

It's January 11th and "just" a Dynamite, there was no reason to go THIS hard.... but they sure as gently caress did! :stwoon:

HM this.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

I’ll nth it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC - Bryan Danielson vs. Konosuke Takeshita, AEW Dynamite, 1/11

Holy gently caress this match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

2nd, holy gently caress this was even better than my already super-high expectations.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

sportsgenius86 posted:

Eh, gently caress it. Nth.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

2nd

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nth.

If you haven’t watched this match your life is missing a vital component.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM for Hangman vs. Mox

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Triangulo de la Muerte (C) vs. The Elite for the AEW Trios Titles in Best of 7 Match 7 (Escalara de la Muerte) - AEW Dynamite 1/11

Holy poo poo, I thought the "reduced" time might negatively effect this, but it was loving crazy good.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM for me

sportsgenius86 posted:

NTH!! my MOTN

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Triangulo de la Muerte (C) vs. The Elite for the AEW Trios Titles in Best of 7 Match 7 (Escalara de la Muerte) - AEW Dynamite 1/11

Holy poo poo, I thought the "reduced" time might negatively effect this, but it was loving crazy good.

Hell. Yes. Still think it would have benefited from more time but holy poo poo I think I held my breath for 15 minutes.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 12, 2023

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 1/11

MOTYC: "Hangman" Adam Page vs. Jon Moxley
HM: Big Bill & Lee Moriarty vs. JUNGLE HOOK (Jungle Boy Jack Perry & HOOK)
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Konosuke Takeshita
MOTYC: The Elite (Kenny Omega, Nick & Matt Jackson) vs. Death Triangle (PAC & Fenix & Penta el Cero Miedo)

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 1/11

MOTYC: "Hangman" Adam Page vs. Jon Moxley
HM: Big Bill & Lee Moriarty vs. JUNGLE HOOK (Jungle Boy Jack Perry & HOOK)
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Konosuke Takeshita
MOTYC: The Elite (Kenny Omega, Nick & Matt Jackson) vs. Death Triangle (PAC & Fenix & Penta el Cero Miedo)

Nth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
AEW Dynamite 01/11/23

MOTYC
Bryan Danielson vs. Konosuke Takeshita
Superb action from one of the best to ever do it and a sure nuff rising star phenom. Trust me, you'll want to watch it.

Triangulo de la Muerte (c) vs. The Elite (Escalera de la Muerte)
Just wall to wall insane spots that kept me on the edge of my seat. The whole series between these two teams was great, but I think this might be the standout.