Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
At least 20% of cats would be terrified by the flying Ring camera, I’m guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Stealing this because it is too cursed to exist only in a terrible food thread

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Helluva way to find out lizards are delicious

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You would pay $45 in a New American restaurant for a bowl of rice smoked in the essence of fried lizardskin

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
All y'all motherfucks that are complaining about subscription heated seats and the like can be reassured that from May to October, the price to subscribe is only 10 bucks a month, and from November to April, its 35 bucks a month. So you're getting a DISCOUNT in the summer.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just spend $20-100 on heated seat covers you plug into the cigarette lighter.

What a dumb loving thing to pay subscription fees over.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/JiCvZNX.mp4

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The Russians just poo poo their pants. Natural heat logs

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Subscription cigarette lighters you say? Wonderful!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

other people posted:

Gotta pay for the electricity produced by the power outlet.

Not to mention the one time activation fee.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
My solution is to just not buy any cars made after about 2016 or so. Sure, it won't be much fun when all the other cars can drive/fly themselves, but knowing that if I keep my machine in working order it will start even if it has no internet connection will be worth it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

That's not cursed, that's awesome as hell!

Seeing an Escher'esq visual illusion animated is just really cool. The different sized windows and pots on the different parts of the wall is a nice touch to make it easier to follow.

Do wish there were more video games that played around with that type of thing. Subliminal did and it was great.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

other people posted:

Become ungovernable

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Warranty: void

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

gently caress you very much

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

My Spirit Otter posted:

Warranty: void

Just wreck it and have insurance buy you another rolling box of german superiority complex.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

dr_rat posted:

That's not cursed, that's awesome as hell!

Seeing an Escher'esq visual illusion animated is just really cool. The different sized windows and pots on the different parts of the wall is a nice touch to make it easier to follow.

Do wish there were more video games that played around with that type of thing. Subliminal did and it was great.
The original Prey somehow had cooler Escherian level design than basically any other game since, and I still do not understand why it has been such a relatively unexplored aspect of "you can literally create a world based on any concepts of physics and geometry you want"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Quarex posted:

The original Prey somehow had cooler Escherian level design than basically any other game since, and I still do not understand why it has been such a relatively unexplored aspect of "you can literally create a world based on any concepts of physics and geometry you want"

The video game market is cram-packed full of WW2 games and I am sick to death of them. My discord group is all hoppin' with people testing the new Company of Heroes 3 beta that opened up.

It's the same goddamn fights! I've probably killed more Nazis at Normandy Beach specifically than who were actually in that theater of war! (across all games/25+ years) Why on earth don't we have maps like "invasion of London" or "assault of Tokyo" or hell, "Landing at NY", "Bombing of LA" or loving anything creative/interesting at all

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Still haven't had a good Battlefield: The Great Australian Emu wars, campaign.

Shame on you which ever lovely publisher churns those out.

(would get it just to play on the emu side online)

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I want Battlefield: Boxer Rebellion

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Evilreaver posted:

The video game market is cram-packed full of WW2 games and I am sick to death of them. My discord group is all hoppin' with people testing the new Company of Heroes 3 beta that opened up.

It's the same goddamn fights! I've probably killed more Nazis at Normandy Beach specifically than who were actually in that theater of war! (across all games/25+ years) Why on earth don't we have maps like "invasion of London" or "assault of Tokyo" or hell, "Landing at NY", "Bombing of LA" or loving anything creative/interesting at all
I assume with absolutely no data that you have to keep war games specifically to actual and fairly well-known war zones or somebody somewhere will get really mad about it being too controversial?

The exception being you can probably make a game about people invading your own country and have it be fine, so we need a crack English team to make INVASION: LONDON

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Evilreaver posted:

play wolfenstein

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Devils Affricate posted:

I want Battlefield: Boxer Rebellion

That would be legit really cool. Even just seeing that period in china recreated in a modern gaming engine could be amazing if they put in the effort. And while the gameplay on those games seems really generic they do usually seem like they put a lot of time in getting the setting rights

Also I'm pretty sure what ever the opposite of something getting banned in china is, that game would get it.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Evilreaver posted:

Nazis unambiguously bad, so shoot nazis all day. All you need to do to design the mission is watch that part of Band of Brothers. It's tried, tested, historic, and easy.

Alt-history things require actual creative effort, detailed world-building, and if the bad guys actually win some battles, you can face accusations that you're secretly a nazi chud because the Nazis did anything successfully.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dr. Quarex posted:

Because it usually sucks rear end to move around in and most people have the spatial sense of a root vegetable and get lost going in a straight line

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Cubelodyte posted:

At least 20% of cats would be terrified by the flying Ring camera, I’m guessing.

My dogs would never ever stop barking while attempting to murder that thing

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Alabama

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

oh boy this got me I am too high for this nonsense

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

dr_rat posted:

Still haven't had a good Battlefield: The Great Australian Emu wars, campaign.

Shame on you which ever lovely publisher churns those out.

(would get it just to play on the emu side online)

The Emu War would easily work as a pacman inspired collection and run: get grain, avoid the frustrated soldiers, and you get infinite lives because the drat birds so ridiculously outnumbered everything.

Now an Great Emo War game I'd like to see.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

TotalLossBrain posted:

The Russians just poo poo their pants. Natural heat logs

Not Russian, and you'd still have to subscribe to a log delivery service, but at least it's cozy

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Rappaport posted:

Not Russian, and you'd still have to subscribe to a log delivery service, but at least it's cozy

Not wearing a seatbelt in that car on winter roads might be a tad overconfident.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
simply run the entire car off wood

Tuna-Fire
Mar 4, 2001

etcetera, etcetera
Hair Elf
Stop by the forest to fuel back up

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

SniperWoreConverse posted:

simply run the entire car off wood

what's the range

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Offler posted:

Not wearing a seatbelt in that car on winter roads might be a tad overconfident.

Yes and no, I mean if you'd hit something you'd want to get out of the car as quick as possible

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Dr. Quarex posted:

Yeah, I totally agree. I think, discovering how simple of a concept 'Non-Euclidean' actually is really opened my eyes to how surprising it is it doesn't exist more in computer games. I always thought it was some super complex mathematical thing (and I guess probably fully describing it is, but) essentially all it means is that objects or spaces can exist in the same place as each other. So, y'know you go into a room through one door and the head to the exit, and the exit is the same door as the one you came in through back into the same room. Because the entrance and the exit exist in the same space physically as each other. Or like you go downstairs and it takes you to a room above the one you were in.

I imagine it's harder to design this stuff, but, it's still trivially easy compared to real life, and so you can have experiences that can only exist in the digital format. I think it's awesome to move around in and explore these kinds of scenes, however:

Tiny Timbs posted:

most people have the spatial sense of a root vegetable and get lost going in a straight line

This is a hard and fast undeniable truth which means that a successful game in this genre will never be one that really explores it in an especially mind bending way, and why Portal was so successful, I think

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Rappaport posted:

Solution meet problem. Just keep feeding it your trash.

Of course on stray ember and you'll have a flaming dumpster on wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
About that rear end in a top hat hosing down the homeless woman

quote:

Police are guarding the Foster Gwin Gallery in the Financial District a day after a video of the business owner turning a hose on a homeless woman went viral. 

Gallery owner Collier Gwin has since received a smashed front door and a deluge of one-star Google reviews in light of the incident—the business is now listed online as temporarily closed.

A manned SFPD patrol car now sits outside the beleaguered storefront. The police department has been contacted for comment.

In the wake of the ensuing rage, San Francisco police chief Bill Scott urged calm.