Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

baka fwocka fwame posted:

Fredericks: *blows up on twitter for not being in the g1*

connors: *gets drunk every day with taguchi in jr tag league*

one of these men makes better decisions

E nvm I honestly forgot but I think cc was in the g1 lol

E2: if he wasn’t idk what kfs prob is. getting mad at not being in the g1 is like getting mad that yujiros in the g1. you absolutely need that legacy slot for yujiro and it’s a similar concern because there are only slots for so many g1 wrestlers plus yujiro

Connors was in the BOSJ, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Connors was in the BOSJ, I think?

He was. He didn’t have a really outstanding one. His best matches have been with heavyweights. I think he really should be an underdog heavy tbh because it suits him better. It’s not as if he’s gonna reach the top in either division

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

you absolutely need that legacy slot for yujiro

I assure you, you don't

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

yujiro is the key

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

a key person that can lose a lot of g1 matches without much booking discrepancy

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

at this point if hikuleo leaves japan I’ll print out my posts & eat them

wait can I change my wording
Print your posts on a sheet cake and eat the cake.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

a key person that can lose a lot of g1 matches without much booking discrepancy

Ishii can basically fill that role now

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Man, who would you put in the Devitt/Styles/Omega/White slot for Bullet Club now? Ospreay seems unlikely, unless they have the Empire take over. Lio Rush?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Tanahashi should lead Bullet Club

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Despy, make it cool shitbags instead of interfering shitbags (HoT)

Just do SZKG again I want them back

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

my prediction was elp i was waiting for him to be bumped up to heavy (which happened). he’s always doing style clashes and attempting owls and now he even has a kenny haircut

however gedo knows i know now, & ofc is personally obsessed with working me, so say hello to new bullet club leader mad mikey nichols

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Penguin Patrol posted:

Tanahashi should lead Bullet Club

Make it EXACTLY like the Stonecutters episode of The Simpsons where it's Tanahashi leading Bullet Club out to do community service, painting buildings and making a real difference :shobon:

Smash cut to the rest of Bullet Club in a meeting yelling,"WE HAVE TO KILL HIM!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

my prediction was elp i was waiting for him to be bumped up to heavy (which happened). he’s always doing style clashes and attempting owls and now he even has a kenny haircut

however gedo knows i know now, & ofc is personally obsessed with working me, so say hello to new bullet club leader mad mikey nichols

Yeah ELP's felt like the next guy for a while. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he took the NEVER belt off of Tama

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

El Generico posted:

Man, who would you put in the Devitt/Styles/Omega/White slot for Bullet Club now? Ospreay seems unlikely, unless they have the Empire take over. Lio Rush?

New signing, freshly released by the new WWE ownership for having bad politics, Sami InZayn

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Watch the line of succession default back to Tama

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

will get thread updated by tomorrow at the latest but this amused me

https://twitter.com/takam777/status/1613087551707021313?s=46&t=YF2j5U-e7OO4eMaPPfZQIw

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/takamiohbari/status/1613161447537922048?s=46&t=MrytQd_pN4hZXpNpBJnv7g

Ohbari saying that even though he has the backing of the government, cheering is still up to the owners of the venues as it is their property. He will continue to negotiate with every building that NJPW go to and will report on the ones that acquiesce

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rare footage of Ohbari's negotiations have already leaked:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ohbari clearly enters negotiations with the power of giant robots and the Ohbari pose

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Just send Tanahashi to the negotiations.He can take his shirt off and do his hand gesture. All venues will be screaming after.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NJPW already managed to invoke the wrath of the Sasha stans (Mercedes marks?) by announcing an IWGP World Title match for BitV

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ohbari secured cheering for Yokohama Arena

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ohbari deserves a raise.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
I dreamed last night that we were moving house and the only friend of mine with a lorry was Okada, and he came to help us move. I was really eager to show off my action figure display to him but he was more excited by my spouse's star wars lego collections.

Anyway, I'm really stoked about Shooter vs Naito. No wrestler in the history of japan went out of his way to torment a ref more than Naito did Red Shoes back in 2016-17, Shooter needs to pay him back, with interest. My all time favorite ref bump in history was an LIJ tag where instead of breaking up a 3 count by diving on top of the wrestlers Naito just splatted with a double axe-handle onto Red Shoes instead. Was peak rudisimo.

I know it's oldish news but I'm really excited about this Noah vs NJPW show again. The LIJ vs Kongo stuff is of course going to rule, but I'm also really eager to see the next chapter in Okada vs Kaito. Kiyomiya is going to unify IWGP, GHC, Triple Crown and AEW belts at WK 25 and THE LORE is already underway.

I'm not able to cope with this jay white stuff, so I'm just going to pretend it's not happening. Sometimes dudes from new japan go to America and make their own companies, sometimes they just vanish like AJ Styles did 6 or 7 years ago and I never know what happened. Though Nakamura did show back up recently in Noah! I heard he moved to Florida and is surfing a lot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Ohbari deserves a raise.

Promoter of the Year in the 2023 Observies

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shingo and O-Khan just had a press conference for their KOPW match next week with rules proposals

O-Khan - KO, TKO and tap out only
Shingo - 30 count fall

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Streamed cards for rest of January:

WRESTLE KINGDOM 17
January 21st 3:00 AM EDT/8:00 GMT/17:00 JST Main Card
Yokohama Arena - PPV on ABEMA and NJPW World

Preshow: 1 hour before gong:

Kosei Fujita and Ryohei Oiwa vs. Yasutaka Yano and Taishi Oizawa
Tomohiro Ishii and Oskar Leube vs. Masa Kitamiya and Daiki Inaba

Main card:

Tanahashi, Yano, Kojima, and Sugiura vs. Marufuji, KENTA, El-P, and Gedo
El Desperado vs. YO-HEY
Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi, and Master Wato vs. AMAKUSA, Junta MIyawaki, and Alejandro
Kazuchika Okada and Togi Makabe vs. Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura
L.I.J vs. KONGOH:BUSHI vs. Tadasuke
L.I.J vs. KONGOH:Hiromu Takahashi vs. Hajime Ohara
L.I.J vs. KONGOH:SANADA vs. Manabu Soya
L.I.J vs. KONGOH:Shingo Takagi vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima
L.I.J vs. KONGOH:Tetsuya Naito vs. Kenoh

THE NEW BEGINNING IN NAGOYA
(Cheering Event)
January 22nd 2:00 AM EDT/7:00 GMT/17:00 JST Main Card
Dolphin's Arena/Aichi Prefectural Gym

Most Violent Players (Toru Yano and Togi Makabe) vs. Yuto Nakashima and Oskar Leube
Suzuki, Despe, Narita, and Honma vs. House of Torture (EVIL, Yujiro, SHO, and Togo)
Bishamon, Ishii, and Oiwa vs. TMDK (ZSK, Nicholls, Haste, and Fujita)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Master Wato, and Jado vs. Bullet Club (KENTA, El Phantasmo, and Taiji Ishimori
United Empire (Ospreay, Henare, TJP, and Akira) vs. Just Four Guys(Taichi, Kanemaru, DOUKI, and TAKA)
Okada, Umino, Taguchi, and YOH vs. L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
KOPW 2023 Provisional Match:Shingo Takagi(h) vs. Great-O-Khan

Road to THE NEW BEGINNING
January 24th 4:30 AM EDT/9:30 GMT/18:30 JST Main Card
Korakuen Hall

Ryohei Oiwa vs. Great-O-Khan
Master Wato and Jado vs. Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori and Gedo)
United Empire (Aaron Henare and Francisco Akira) vs. Just Two Guys (DOUKI and TAKA Michinoku)
CHAOS (Goto and Bishamon) and Leube vs. TMDK (ZSJ, Nicholls, Haste, and Fujita)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Bullet Club (KENTA and El Phantasmo)
Ryusuke Taguchi and YOH vs. L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI)
United Empire (Will Ospreay and TJP) vs. Just Two Guys (Taichi and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, and Shota Umino vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, and SANADA)

Road to THE NEW BEGINNING
January 25th 4:30 AM EDT/9:30 GMT/18:30 JST Main Card
Korakuen Hall

Oskar Leube vs. Aaron Henare
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Toru Yano vs. Bullet Club (KENTA and Gedo)
Togi Makabe and Master Wato vs. Bullet Club (El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori)
CHAOS (Bishamon and Ishii) and Nakashima vs. TMDK (ZSJ, Nicholls, Haste, and Fujita)
United Empire (Great-O-Khan and TJP) vs. Just Two Guys (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and TAKA Michinoku(
United Empire (Will Ospreay and Francesco Akira) vs. Just Two Guys (Taichi and DOUKI)
Tomoaki Honma and Shota Umino vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and SANADA)
Kazuchika Okada, Ryusuke Taguchi, and YOH vs. L.I.J (Shingo Takagi, Hiromu Takahashi, and BUSHI)

NEMESIS
January 14th at 20:00 EST/January 15th at 1:00 GMT/10:00 JST
The Vermont Hollywood

Mascara Dorada vs. Che Cabrera
David Finlay, Eddie Kingston, and Homicide vs. Tom Lawlor, Bobby Fish, and Danny Limelight
Jeff Cobb vs. Bad Dude Tito

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
You think it's worth watching Night 2 if I don't know NOAH at all?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah

Midnight Shakes
Apr 10, 2009
Watch these matches and then decide:

Kenoh vs. Nakajima - N1 Final 2021

Kenoh vs. Nakajima - NOAH The Best 11.28.2021

the answer is yes

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

At least for me the second match is hurt by being title for title so the time limit draw was real obvious going in but the N1 finals were fantastic, especially after seeing Kenoh have a MOTYC less than 2 hours earlier in the semis

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

i always meant to get into NOAH cuz its always a delight to see cool guys from somewhere else. for some reason no matter which promotion you follow wrestlers from somewhere else just seem better

but i mean deffo enjoy all the NOAH stuff when I see it, same with STARDOM

Midnight Shakes
Apr 10, 2009
I wasn't really following NOAH when I watched the second match, and I thought it was amazing, though by the end it became kind of obvious that it was going to end in a draw.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

El Generico posted:

You think it's worth watching Night 2 if I don't know NOAH at all?

I'd say yes, assuming that the PPV fee isn't a noticeable chunk out of your wallet. I'm biased because I like the NOAH guys, but if you enjoy NJPW I think there's no real reason not to dig NOAH. By its nature I think this is kind of inessential, but some great stuff happens on these interpromotional events.

If you're on the fence, check out the LIJ vs Kongo multiman tag from last year's WK night 3: https://m.vk.com/video-54361599_456265614?list=57c6f575172983a7ac (Skip to about 2 hours 46 into the video, getting an exact time stamp off VK while phone posting is not so easy)

That was the best match of the NJPW NOAH show last year, and LIJ Kongo is the centre piece of this show this year.

If that leaves you wanting a bit more NOAH, catch their 1/1 show, The New Year, specifically the GHC HW Title Match with Kenoh vs Kaito Kiyomiya

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wrestle Kingdom Night 2 is cheering allowed, isn't it? :ohdear:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Wrestle Kingdom Night 2 is cheering allowed, isn't it? :ohdear:

Yup

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh thank God.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ohbari's power is just too strong!

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

time for another episode of new japan strong. even if new japan goes weeks without events at least I know I can see my favourite wrestlers for an hour every saturday without fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1614436202894999552?s=46&t=Yba6syXOt0O_POArb-HcTg