Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

And BLAM!burgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You big mustard tiger

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

..... would

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

"Several" is underselling things a bit there.

RFC2324 posted:

This looks like a plate of brain
Instantly what I thought too.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

No

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Opened a new jar of Kroger brand dill relish today to find it much less, ah, homogeneous than I was expecting. There were entire forkfuls that were just big mucous gobs, not a pickle in sight. :wtf: Gum arabic working overtime, I guess?

I still put plenty in my chicken salad, but not before stirring/whipping the poo poo out of it.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Here's the 1941 menu for the WB studio cafe. Who's up for some pineapple & cream cheese salad?

I'll splurge the extra 10 cents for *certified* milk, please and thank you. :lofty:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Check out those FANCY SPECIALS

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

I wanna know this method. I put some rice in a pan and hope it's roughly over what I need then add water to knuckle and 20 mins later it's dumped into a bowl and perfekt. How the gently caress does one get several lizards in there over a period of time?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fartington Butts posted:

Check out those FANCY SPECIALS

Oh wait holy poo poo it does say "Liberty Cabbage" on the hot dogs

This is before Pearl Harbor even! :911:

I thought I was joking

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Liberty Cabbage would actually a hold over from WWI. Guess it made a comeback when we decided Hitler sucked/it never went away?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Fighting Trousers posted:

Liberty Cabbage would actually a hold over from WWI. Guess it made a comeback when we decided Hitler sucked/it never went away?

I think you overestimate how much the US had "decided Hitler sucked" before we entered WWII tbh

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

nesamdoom posted:

I wanna know this method. I put some rice in a pan and hope it's roughly over what I need then add water to knuckle and 20 mins later it's dumped into a bowl and perfekt. How the gently caress does one get several lizards in there over a period of time?

They have a separate appliance for cooking rice and lizards kept crawling into it and getting loving zapped to a crisp.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Gotta watch out for those crab bones

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Was this posted in the cursed thread? I haven’t been following it for a while so, if not, uh, the cursed thread is thataway, friendo

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
You're telling me a lizard fried this rice?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
those people are going to be Chasing the Lizard for the rest of their lives.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

those people are going to be Chasing the Lizard for the rest of their lives.

Made me think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2AAUzrse5A

Cursed beverage flowchart

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That's missing pilk.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
How is lean cursed? Its just an easy way to trip balls

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Lean isn't made with NyQuil. Lol, what do you wanna do, go to sleep?

you make it with soda and cough syrup that has codeine.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
lean doesn't make you trip unless you're allergic to codeine, then it will really make you trip.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel like I've seen this enough it deserves to go here. Like I'm not against the general concept, but what an awful picture to try to sell it with.

https://twitter.com/PasteMagazine/status/1612849679254917127

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I am against the general concept of putting potatoes on bread. Those are the same food.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I feel like if I'm at the point of eating fries & ketchup on a sandwich, I'm just gonna eat the fries & ketchup normally and use the bread for something else later.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

more falafel please posted:

I think you overestimate how much the US had "decided Hitler sucked" before we entered WWII tbh

Dr. Seuss' political cartoons are my favorite method of pointing that up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Haifisch posted:

I feel like if I'm at the point of eating fries & ketchup on a sandwich, I'm just gonna eat the fries & ketchup normally and use the bread for something else later.

An important element is butter, you butter the bread, so you're eating buttered chips and bread and sauce.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Would I like a English chip butty? Nope.
Would I like a Greek fry loaded kebab? Absolutely.

The only problem with English food is that it is English.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Fighting Trousers posted:

I'll splurge the extra 10 cents for *certified* milk, please and thank you. :lofty:

I wonder if because of war rationing plain milk was somewhat diluted with water and 'certified' was pure unadulterated milk.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Certified means it was definitely from cows instead of just whatever they had lying around.

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010
For a serious answer, I'm pretty sure it means it's certified free of tuberculosis, and isn't pasteurized.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I didn't know people asked for raw milk at the time. That's probably still bad food.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

VictualSquid posted:

Would I like a English chip butty? Nope.
Would I like a Greek fry loaded kebab? Absolutely.

The only problem with English food is that it is English.

I'm not even a fan of the kebab loaded with fries, or the California style carne asada burrito loaded with fries. I don't eat fries much in general, I'd rather have them be well executed and stand on their own as a side, rather than act as filler when there could be roasted veg or something in there.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Certified means it was definitely from cows instead of just whatever they had lying around.

You mean dog’s milk?

Nothing wrong with dog's milk. Full of goodness, full of vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly. Lasts longer than any other milk, dog's milk.

No bugger’ll drink it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pogonodon posted:

For a serious answer, I'm pretty sure it means it's certified free of tuberculosis, and isn't pasteurized.

Oh we have such sights to show you.

There a Behind the Bastards about the FDA that goes into excruciating detail about the early dairy industry and why the FDA was necessary in the first place:

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/part-one-the-food-and-drug-92316027/

Formaldehyde, poop, "appears to be wriggling", "liquefying colonies of bacteria in numbers so great that they gave up counting", plaster of paris and chalk to make it white after they cut it with so much water it turns bluish, but those aren't even the best whiteners — for that you want liquefied cow brains (because it floats just like cream)

The fun starts at ~15:00 when they invent pasteurization.

You know. In case you’re wondering what you get for that extra dime

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Jan 12, 2023

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mandatory lesbian posted:

How is lean cursed? Its just an easy way to trip balls

It's bad for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

I feel like I've seen this enough it deserves to go here. Like I'm not against the general concept, but what an awful picture to try to sell it with.

https://twitter.com/PasteMagazine/status/1612849679254917127
At least use a proper butty for the photo instead of two slices of the UK equivalent of Wonder Bread!

(no, this Yank still would not eat it)