Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Braksgirl posted:

So for his birthday SB asked our daughter to draw him Superman fighting a sharknado that had a minimum of 4 sharks. This is the outcome. Do you ever look at your kid and wonder how something so infinitely cool came from you? I do. All the time.

Yo, this is frickin rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Braksgirl posted:

So for his birthday SB asked our daughter to draw him Superman fighting a sharknado that had a minimum of 4 sharks. This is the outcome. Do you ever look at your kid and wonder how something so infinitely cool came from you? I do. All the time.

You daughter is super cool

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That’s lovely that your partner had to go through that TT. Hope she can use this time to reset and find a job where she’s not getting harassed.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

This loving rules.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Braksgirl posted:

That’s incredible!!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Braksgirl posted:

That is really drat good.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

That’s loving amazing.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Braksgirl posted:

Screenshotting this and making it an NFT.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

drat, braks. Your daughter understands 3 point perspective, composition, she's playing around with shading techniques, she's got a good feel for how to give a sense of movement and action to a scene, and she'sdrawn some cute as hell sharks too. I took art classes and was never good enough to do what she knocked out there. How old is she?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Leperflesh posted:

drat, braks. Your daughter understands 3 point perspective, composition, she's playing around with shading techniques, she's got a good feel for how to give a sense of movement and action to a scene, and she'sdrawn some cute as hell sharks too. I took art classes and was never good enough to do what she knocked out there. How old is she?

She's 16. I know every parent thinks their kid is special but I think it's pretty obvious she has real actual talent. Every time she creates something I'm just blown away. She also sculpts and paints. She's crazy talented.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I'm another awful artist. When I try to draw Superman, people guess it's either a bird or a plane.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

This is freaking incredible

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Braksgirl posted:

This is really awesome, and you and SB should be proud of raising such a talented kid.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1613303513240702976

things still going great under elon

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
"I fired all of the people who weren't writing code, this new lean workforce will be far more productive."
*fires the people responsible for keeping the lights on and the rent paid*

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cops legally don't have any duty to protect anyone other than people they've already arrested.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

That’s lovely that your partner had to go through that TT. Hope she can use this time to reset and find a job where she’s not getting harassed.

Yeah, seriously. I know it’s simpler to take a deal like this but hopefully things had already escalated such that whoever was responsible for being a piece of poo poo at least faces some repercussions.

And getting a partner out of a bad work experience is tough too. Mine didn’t have anything nearly that bad, but supporting her through a tough job and a job change wasn’t much fun.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I wonder how much NG lobby paid him to tweet this

https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/...ingawful.com%2F

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Something makes me think that Manchin comes cheap these days. He's been in the fossil fuel back pocket for so long maybe he doesn't even need to be paid off anymore.

I'm actually looking at induction ranges right now, but man they are expensive. If it helps me get natural gas out of my home though, it'll pay for itself.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

we* cook on

*the help

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The good news is induction stoves are cheaper than they were 5-6 years ago.

Of course that didn't help me when I replaced my stove.

Speaking of appliances I need to get my washer, dryer, and Kitchenaid stand mixer fixed. Yay home ownership!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Coco13 posted:

I'm another awful artist. When I try to draw Superman, people guess it's either a bird or a plane.

:golfclap:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Android Apocalypse posted:

The good news is induction stoves are cheaper than they were 5-6 years ago.

Of course that didn't help me when I replaced my stove.

Speaking of appliances I need to get my washer, dryer, and Kitchenaid stand mixer fixed. Yay home ownership!
I thought those mixers were extremely reliable. What happened to it?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I wonder how much NG lobby paid him to tweet this

https://twitter.com/Sen_JoeManchin/status/1612903995605147649

Much less than you think, but he’s also a coal baron so this one might just be for the love of the game and not a paycheck.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Something makes me think that Manchin comes cheap these days. He's been in the fossil fuel back pocket for so long maybe he doesn't even need to be paid off anymore.

I'm actually looking at induction ranges right now, but man they are expensive. If it helps me get natural gas out of my home though, it'll pay for itself.

We got the Frigidaire Gallery series that sticks out as being relatively cheap compared to the rest of the CR list screenshotted here, and I loving love it:

The only difference between those bottom two is whether the controls are on the front or back.

Ours replaced the cheapest electric we could find to temporarily bridge the gap from broken oven that came with the house and eventually gas after kitchen remodel. Induction got enough positive feedback and that model is competitively priced compared to gas, so we pulled the trigger before redoing the kitchen.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Banning gas stoves sure seems like it's going to gently caress over a lot of poor people for the sake of shuffling responsibility for Earth away from corporations

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Fifty Three posted:

Banning gas stoves sure seems like it's going to gently caress over a lot of poor people for the sake of shuffling responsibility for Earth away from corporations

That's not why they want to restrict them. They want to get rid of them because they cause asthma.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's not why they want to restrict them. They want to get rid of them because they cause asthma.
Don't care, phase them out in a way that doesn't gently caress over people when their existing stove breaks, or subsidize retrofits with proper exhaust hoods or something

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Fifty Three posted:

Don't care, phase them out in a way that doesn't gently caress over people when their existing stove breaks, or subsidize retrofits with proper exhaust hoods or something

Sudsidies are part of the proposal

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

And I'd know that if Bloomberg didn't gate their articles lol

Cooking with gas and induction is still better and I think this is dumb

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m still trying to get along with the basic older induction cooktop that came with my condo, I miss the gas. I don’t dare go over medium unless I’m boiling water, and even slightly less than medium will have the seasoning on my cast iron billowing smoke throughout the condo in like 4 minutes, but lower than that and you cant quite get enough heat into the cast iron

Also my Cuisinart stainless high wall pan is not completely flat on the bottom and I never noticed until moving to this induction flat top and now it wobbles all over :(

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

Much less than you think, but he’s also a coal baron so this one might just be for the love of the game and not a paycheck.

Actual lol from me.

There aren’t many folks I hate more than Joe Manchin.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

After using it for a bit I do now prefer induction to gas, but it has a much higher barrier to entry not only with the stove itself but also making sure all of your cookware is compatible.

That said, both kick the poo poo out of coil electric.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Fifty Three posted:

I am sure that a rule that looks to ban gas stove starts with new construction and renovations, and would probably focus on multi tenant properties at first. They aren’t going to tell 330 million people to all go out and buy a new stove at once.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

CannonFodder posted:

I thought those mixers were extremely reliable. What happened to it?

I think the motor burned out. It was struggling kneading bread dough the last time I used it. I tried unscrewing parts that I could then hit a barrier where I was "This is way beyond my skill set" and put things back together.

My washing machine knocks when running now and my dryer doesn't dry stuff as efficiently. I know the latter should have the vent line cleaned out, but I'm lazy & I hurt my back yesterday doing front squats. :negative:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

My kitchenaid is also having issues. Something seems to trip when you’re turning it on; if you don’t move from the lowest setting to a higher one in just the right way it’ll stop running, but turning it off “resets” it. It’s an expensive enough gadget that I want to get it repaired but actually putting in the effort to find a place to do it is, well :effort:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

I just know gas heat feels better than electric.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The movie Marley & Me may be schmaltzy but sometimes you want a dumb movie about growing up with a dog to start your morning.

And I don't even own a dog.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Android Apocalypse posted:

The movie Marley & Me may be schmaltzy but sometimes you want a dumb movie about growing up with a dog to start your morning.

And I don't even own a dog.

Please tell me now so I know whether I can watch it- do they have to put down Owen Wilson at the end of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

General Dog posted:

Please tell me now so I know whether I can watch it- do they have to put down Owen Wilson at the end of it?

No but Jennifer Anniston is one hot bitch. :v: