Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

LawfulWaffle posted:

When the COVID starting going around and the world entered it's pandemic quarantine, there was a group of goons who started an online pinball league through Pinball FX3. That was fun for a few seasons, although kind of tricky to manage. One of the fruits it bore was introducing me to the poster TheMcD, who records the music tests from pinball machines and puts them on YouTube. Here are some tables I like, and there are some more on their channel. It's neat because a lot of the tracks can go by completely unnoticed when playing, like the Hit Cousin It and Mamushka tunes in Addams Family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzdVuCfcSbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXzvfgFr_10

TheMcD also wrote my favorite LP ever: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889803

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i have finished the entire unlock list/collection/secrets/bestiary in vampire survivors

-Sent from my iPhone

rox
Sep 7, 2016

considering i only downloaded it on the 3rd id say it got its hooks in me lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It empties your soul. Ironic

rox
Sep 7, 2016

my soul is full of love and gaming with my friends, im sorry if u cannot say the same

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
your soul is as empty as your words

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ROSEMARY: There wasn't anything on your console. Just Astro Bot and Demon's Souls Remake. No PS1 classics.... No exclusives..... Not even Metal Gear Solid.

RAIDEN: Rose, I only use that console for streaming.

ROSEMARY: A lifeless console... almost like your empty heart.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
The Addams Family table is one of my favs

rox
Sep 7, 2016

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

The Addams Family table is one of my favs

its so good

we had one at the local bowling alley when i was a kid. i thought pinball machines were magic and hell, i still do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSw7fK6x1mw

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

so i can take my friends money after i beat them at street fighter

Like you can beat me at Street Fighter :rolleyes:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 12, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My Analogue Pocket is out for delivery. :kiddo:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

whats your favorite pinball table OPs. mine is Bram Stoker's Dracula

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1613575769745412096?s=20

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Is this....about the new Rabbids game?

It looks cool I just know that in a year it'll be like 10 bux.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also its a tactics game lol those are not known for being a blockbuster genre

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

External Organs posted:

Is this....about the new Rabbids game?

It looks cool I just know that in a year it'll be like 10 bux.

it was 50% off almost immediately after release

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

whats your favorite pinball table OPs. mine is Bram Stoker's Dracula

1. addams family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSw7fK6x1mw

the stone cold classic. raul julia and anjelica huston recorded all new voice lines for the table and its bursting to seams with references to the first movie and plays like a dream. the thing flip mechanic where the table calibrates using a sensor to land a cross-table shot for you is epic.

2. taxi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul5Zp5z4mpU

my brother and i used to compete back and forth for high-scores on this. ooh taxi!

3. big shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jbLxhi85ug

think ur a big shot? prove it. the final destination of pinball.

rox fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 12, 2023

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The first one was really good but it's difficult to motivate myself to buy a rabbids game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The rabbids (rabid rabbits) are hilarious!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I dont like that the rabbits talk

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
rabbids are just minions

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

rabbids are just minions

Don't they pre-date minions?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ur-minions

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Buschmaki posted:

A grand strategy game where you stare at a map for hours at a time. They're really fun, and also help you become smarter because now I know almost every country by location and where a lot of major cities are

Oh ok, I love mapgames.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Don't do it, at first you think its harmless but then after hundreds of hours you are trying to take over the world as Okinawa

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've impressed more than one French girl by recognizing where Dauphiné was. True story. Thank you europa universalis.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hang in there Rome

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ROSEMARY: There wasn't anything on your console. Just Astro Bot and Demon's Souls Remake. No PS1 classics.... No exclusives..... Not even Metal Gear Solid.

RAIDEN: Rose, I only use that console for streaming.

ROSEMARY: A lifeless console... almost like your empty heart.

rosemary is the best character in mgs2

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Which of the two gamey consoles has pulled out ahead at this point? Xbox or PS5?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
do any of these mapgames have maps accurate for the eras, that then get more detailed and correct as time passes?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

tuyop posted:

Which of the two gamey consoles has pulled out ahead at this point? Xbox or PS5?

i would honestly say neither. xbox has a better online service (GP) and a far better library of old games on the store, and ps5 has, i guess, a small number of exclusives which are better than MS's but nobody is making AAAA games because they take $8 billion dollars and 5 years to make

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

tuyop posted:

Microsoft refuses to give out sales numbers as usual so I expect PS5 is ahead in the battle for second place

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Microsoft are definitely closing the gap thanks to Game Pass but it’s gonna be hard to properly pull ahead when they have even less exclusives than the PS5

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm banning the phrase "AAAA game"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

After AAA it goes S-

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
all four 'A's stand for AIDS

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Looper posted:

I'm banning the phrase "AAAA game"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Right now the first AAAAA game is getting off the ground, to be released for the PS7

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Kojima is going to make the first S game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Feels Villeneuve posted:

all four 'A's stand for AIDS

"Yes im here to buy the latest AIDSAIDSAIDSAIDS game, do you have any in stock?"