Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They tried to trade Jimmy the first time and couldn't, but if they win a superbowl with Purdy, I bet they can get something for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I have no idea what anyone would trade for Lance... would anyone give up... a 3rd?

Purdy is cute, but also, nobody's giving up a day 2 pick for him, c'mon now.

But as with many Quarterbacks on the market, without massive extenuating circumstances, them actually being available on the market tells you how good they actually are.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Carr also has to be traded by the 3rd day after the Super Bowl or his injury guarantees turn into full guarantees, which the Raiders obv won't allow. This should resolve fairly soon.

League year doesn't start till March. They can't trade him outside of a handshake.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

I have no idea what anyone would trade for Lance... would anyone give up... a 3rd?

I want Lance to stay with the 49ers because I like him and that seems like his best chance other than KC, who kinda have a guy already. Or perhaps the Jags with Pederson, but same thing there.

He was so raw that next year was supposed to be the year we started seeing results anyway before he got hurt. He's just gonna get buried by questionable coaching if he goes anywhere, at least he has a chance with the 49ers.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

League year doesn't start till March. They can't trade him outside of a handshake.
Yeah, and the possibility exists a trade partner can gently caress the Raiders by backing out. If they want to completely remove that possibility they should just release him.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Carrolina who says no?

He's a dude who's career is almost entirely positive with a new head coach who's career at that position is entirely negative I know who I would blame. It's got to be hard playing quarterback when you know your defense is going to give up 28 points a game, you'd have to go into the game pressing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GoatAFC.cx

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Carolina's got the line and at least one good receive, possibly (probably?) another, pieces on defense, just needs some coaching.
Come on Carr. Come do what your brother couldn't (throw without wearing gloves)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't they have to cut derek? what are all these trade talks on cbs and so forth. does a trade in principle actually count? that doesn't sound right to my rear end. i meant cbs the sports website. i'll never watch tv

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If I had to bet on any individual player in the NFL not wanting to play in the New York media market it would be Carr. Seems like that would go about as well as Meadow Soprano's college roommate.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If they'd buy in and build the rest of the team instead of going QB this draft he should go to the Texans to (try to) avenge his brother. This is the situation I think I'd actually cheer for him in that will never happen.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Pretty funny that the Raiders drove Carr out of town in the hopes that they can bring in the corpse of Tom Brady. What a poorly run franchise.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/conorsen/status/1613579719936741376?s=20&t=W3-zxsQX8CMegU3L4lWBuw

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A game in Atlanta would practically be a Bills home game.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
The 2023 Carrolina Panthers

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Is there any reason for Carr to play ball with the Raiders with his no-trade clause vs forcing them to cut him? With they way they’ve treated him I wouldn’t blame him for making it hurt just a little more on the way out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Freaquency posted:

Is there any reason for Carr to play ball with the Raiders with his no-trade clause vs forcing them to cut him? With they way they’ve treated him I wouldn’t blame him for making it hurt just a little more on the way out.

None, but he's been ride or die with the Raiders his whole career (which is why this is frustrating to me, someone who dislikes the Raiders and Carr both!) so if they can put something together that makes sense for him he'd probably take it.

I don't think he's going to try to make things even worse for them, but it is his choice for sure.

And again it doesn't actually hurt the Raiders other than missing out on a draft pick to cut him, there's only a little dead cap.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If you think Carr's the guy for the next few years I could see a team throwing the Raiders a fourth round pick or something to make sure you get him. If the Raiders wanted more than that then they shouldn't have killed all their leverage before the end of the year.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kirios posted:

If you think Carr's the guy for the next few years I could see a team throwing the Raiders a fourth round pick or something to make sure you get him. If the Raiders wanted more than that then they shouldn't have killed all their leverage before the end of the year.

I am not the biggest Carr fan but he is not going for only a 4th. Too many suitors

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Oh good, our season will end in Buffalo or Atlanta and not Kansas City!

Really not optimistic. This team is far too sloppy to be counted on to consistently beat a team like the Chiefs, and you know it's not going to go down like our regular season contest.

Of course, we'll probably have to get past the Bengals first, and that is anything but a given.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Freaquency posted:

No, but he's broke brain and will help out the Raiders one last time.

Matt Stafford trade was a first and a third (second first was for taking Goff's contract and everyone knows it). Wentz was two thirds.

Carr is younger, better, and has a cheaper contract than Stafford, so probably a first and a second for him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1613563994241142784?t=sDhQbuiyCyQ8iDTw2XxLJQ&s=33

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Kirios posted:

If the asking price is a 4th the jets should.jump all over that.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm in the office today because of work laptop issues. The full Beastquake game is playing on the breakroom TV. I am having a hard time convincing myself not to take my laptop in there to work so I can watch Beastquak happen.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I'm so tired of neutral site games being played in Atlanta. I know they spent a shitton of money on the roof and need to pay their bills but goddamn.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

I'm now imagining Marshawn as a duck ruining the Saints hopes. Thank you for this.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zurreco posted:

I'm so tired of neutral site games being played in Atlanta. I know they spent a shitton of money on the roof and need to pay their bills but goddamn.

It was built wrong, as a joke!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nervous posted:

I'm now imagining Marshawn as a duck ruining the Saints hopes. Thank you for this.
lmao I'm happy to provide. I blame the typo on my lovely laptop :ninja:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love Andy and Mahomes. I hope Andy and Mahomes win every Super Bowl that my team isn’t in.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

MrLogan posted:

No, but he's broke brain and will help out the Raiders one last time.

Matt Stafford trade was a first and a third (second first was for taking Goff's contract and everyone knows it). Wentz was two thirds.

Carr is younger, better, and has a cheaper contract than Stafford, so probably a first and a second for him.

Carr isn't better than Matt Stafford

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Carr is better than walking

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Does Atlanta still have the Chick-Fil-A in it that is closed on Sundays?

I know the whole chain is closed on Sundays, but it's still dumb.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Nodoze posted:

I am not the biggest Carr fan but he is not going for only a 4th. Too many suitors

Unless Carr decides on say Carolina, refuses to waive his no trade clause except to the Panthers, and the Panthers only offer a 4th. Basically have to take it at that point.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

syzpid posted:

Does Atlanta still have the Chick-Fil-A in it that is closed on Sundays?

I know the whole chain is closed on Sundays, but it's still dumb.

The Saints stadium has one too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

wandler20 posted:

Unless Carr decides on say Carolina, refuses to waive his no trade clause except to the Panthers, and the Panthers only offer a 4th. Basically have to take it at that point.

Even then you got so wiggle room. The Packers actually got a pretty good haul for Adams and he basically said only the Raiders

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Could the Raiders hold out for more draft assets by just eating the post-Super Bowl guaranteed money and trading him later?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
5 years ago today my all time favorite NFL game happened.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

Could the Raiders hold out for more draft assets by just eating the post-Super Bowl guaranteed money and trading him later?
In theory yes, but that would be hilariously bad business to fully guarantee the rest of his contract through 2025 just to squeeze an extra pick.
https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1613571429110538241
e: It's in Carr's best interest to facilitate a trade if he doesn't think he can beat the 3/$121m he's due, on the FA market.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 12, 2023

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Pron on VHS posted:

Do you mean 3 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Pron on VHS posted:

My favorite memory of this was how several texans fans called being down at halftime as chiefs fans all despaired and thought the end was nigh lol.