Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

the guy is using garry’s mod money to buy it, so there’s probably a pretty good chance he’ll pay it. he made a shitload of money off that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

not to be a cynic but don't count your eggs before they hatch. the rando winner needs to pay. what's the worst eBay can do to a non-payer?

in case this post ages poorly, I'll say it's 50/50 the transaction happens

There are comparable bids behind that winner if they don't pay up

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

not to be a cynic but don't count your eggs before they hatch. the rando winner needs to pay. what's the worst eBay can do to a non-payer?

in case this post ages poorly, I'll say it's 50/50 the transaction happens

i mean do you think the wisconsin humane society would make that tweet before they actually got their hands on the cash, though

it sounds like they're announcing that the donation just went through

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

lol so in New Orleans, just had a Mardi Gras parade org pick Mel Gibson as their celebrity parade captain and then have to take it back 8 hours later after furious uproar from everyone

But Hollywood's cool to just let the guy coast right back in. Everyone was like "Oh, Hacksaw Ridge did well so I guess Mel Gibson is OK again".

I know they theoretically can't stop him because he's got the money to do what he wants, but there seems to be way too many people still willing to work with him. He COULD get stonewalled so completely that it'd be impossible for him to make a huge budget movie, but the Passion of the Christ 2 will throw around a lot of money so I guess we're going to have another wide release film with, like, A. Wyatt Mann stereotypes killing Jesus or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UoHb0ziMDA&t=1s

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Cowcaster posted:

i mean do you think the wisconsin humane society would make that tweet before they actually got their hands on the cash, though

it sounds like they're announcing that the donation just went through

Yeah, that's almost certainly the case. It would be embarrassing to make that kind of announcement and then have to later note that they didn't get the money (or got some lower amount). If they are tweeting about it, then they have the cash in-hand.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
The world's last nightcourt tape. Bids start at a billion.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The humane society taking 40k bucks worth of cats off the streets, only to find out that the check bounced and they can no longer afford to feed them. Into the incinerator, good night sweet cats

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

The humane society taking 40k bucks worth of cats off the streets, only to find out that the check bounced and they can no longer afford to feed them. Into the incinerator, good night sweet cats

Jay at least would be happy.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Just saw the whale and lmao if brendan fraser doesn’t win the oscar

Globes picked austin butler over him for some loving reason

ProperCoochie posted:

Let's not overthink it. American audiences get massive nostalgia boners for anything that references the past.

Godfather 1: 1940-50s!!!!!!!!

Godfather 2: 1940-50s!!!!!!!!!!!! PLUS 1900 PLUS 1920s OMG it must be twice as good!!!

Lots of posts discussing the appeal of Back to the Future but nobody mentioned the huge boon of ~THE 1950'S~ It's that simple, THE PAST = AMAZING AND GOOD. And of course Robert Zem did the same thing with Forrest Gump. 50s boners 60s boners 70s boners 80s boners = one of the biggest films of all time.

Idiot audiences wanting something to point and cheer over and say I KNOW WHAT THAT IS or I REMEMBER THAAAT applies to decades too, not just star wars droids.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Thanks for reminding me of that dumb rear end post

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
cum

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Randarkman posted:

it was the plan from the beginning

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I wonder what the title will be. 2 Christ 2 Passionate?

And of course I also wonder exactly what this will cover. I'm not up on my apocrypha but I don't think there's much ground to cover between the resurrection & ascension in any tradition.

Oh wait maybe I should actually read the link:

quote:

“‘Resurrection’ would focus on the twenty-four hours encompassing Jesus’ passion and the events that occurred three days between his crucifixion and resurrection.”

Ok, so either this will be a character study of the disciples during that 3-day period (which I've actually thought would make for a pretty interesting movie) or... some absolutely unhinged stuff expanding on the idea of "the harrowing of Hell".

I'm almost tricking myself into thinking this could be kind of awesome, albeit with a million asterisks about it being problematic from many different angles

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
IM GONNA SEE CHRIST FUCKIN DIE AGAIN

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Randarkman posted:

you just know he was thinking of Suspiria (2018) when he had the cat in a twisted position on his lap. a real sicko

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

John Baptist goes on a revenge-fuelled killing spree after they kill his God

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sir Lemming posted:

Ok, so either this will be a character study of the disciples during that 3-day period (which I've actually thought would make for a pretty interesting movie)

12 angry men but it's the disciples. Idk

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sir Lemming posted:

I wonder what the title will be. 2 Christ 2 Passionate?

And of course I also wonder exactly what this will cover. I'm not up on my apocrypha but I don't think there's much ground to cover between the resurrection & ascension in any tradition.

Oh wait maybe I should actually read the link:

Ok, so either this will be a character study of the disciples during that 3-day period (which I've actually thought would make for a pretty interesting movie) or... some absolutely unhinged stuff expanding on the idea of "the harrowing of Hell".

I'm almost tricking myself into thinking this could be kind of awesome, albeit with a million asterisks about it being problematic from many different angles

It's 100% guaranteed to be intensely problematic. The real question is if it is problematic in a way that has all the fundies swooning (and selling out every screening) or in a way that has the fundies picketing outside the theaters.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Any Jesus movie after Jesus Christ Superstar is completely superfluous. It's a perfect historical rendering of Jesus and his disciples on the final days.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Typical lazy Hollywood, always rehashing ideas already executed by more talented people :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZA2gbUz77U

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/SamHaft/status/1613595147346006018?t=pg6WwXfxyBIuNTHKR_fI_w&s=19

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
J2: Resurgence

J3sus

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
they've awakened the nukie defenders and the vhs defenders in one fell swoop. they will regret this.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
The New Testament, Or How I Learned To Stop Sinning and Love the Lord

Jesus 2: Judgement Day

Oh Lawd He Comin: The True Story of Jesus Christ

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

finally mike hit the mainstream

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox1Bl1qitrg

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dumbass

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Tarkus posted:

Any Jesus movie after Jesus Christ Superstar is completely superfluous. It's a perfect historical rendering of Jesus and his disciples on the final days.

when the pandemic started I got blazed and watched Jesus Christ Superstar and Pasolini's The Gospel According to St. Matthew as a double feature

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Perhaps the most painful part of all is seeing the beloved jay lowering himself to the level of reply guy

https://twitter.com/JayBauman1/status/1613600065397850136

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheArtOfAsty/status/1613606710127493133?s=20&t=peecfFcJTFv1ecKs42V_ww

Edit: Lol dude is deleting tweets

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 12, 2023

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
nukie is trending again

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

roomtone posted:

they've awakened the nukie defenders and the vhs defenders in one fell swoop. they will regret this.

They just exposed the entire graded VHS collector market as an enormous scam, so those folks are going to attack them for "book burning" because that's the only thing that doesn't immediately tie back to the fact that collectable VHS grading is an enormous scam.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Lol already deleted

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

when the pandemic started I got blazed and watched Jesus Christ Superstar and Pasolini's The Gospel According to St. Matthew as a double feature

Well, that'd be quite the swing in tone right after one another.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

lol already deleted. He didn't seem to know Jay is a member of RLM, either.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
we did it reddit

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol what a loser. Oh no not Nukie!!! Shut the gently caress up r[word filter online]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

Lol already deleted

oh wow what a bitch:

https://twitter.com/SamHaft/status/1613608814946942982?cxt=HHwWjIDQ1d-q2OQsAAAA