Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Fifty Three posted:

Aw, man. :smith: Might be worth spoilering that.

Done, update your quote.

Basically they tried to tug the guy out of the mud with a drop hitch, which acted like a big lever versus a straight hitch and cracked then ripped the barstock apart.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Why would you tie to the drop hitch like that jfc

Like just tie it to the hitch frame, how can you be off roading and not know that was a bad idea

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Why would you tie to the drop hitch like that jfc

Like just tie it to the hitch frame, how can you be off roading and not know that was a bad idea

Yup. Anybody should be able to look at that and say "Hey, if we hook to the ball on this drop hitch, won't it just bend or crack the hitch if the truck is stuck hard enough? Its just a big lever attached to your tow bar?"

Also that truck is very very super stuck, just tugging it was never going to get it out of that mire. It easily looks like the axles, shafts, and likely the transfer case are well buried in the mud.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I haven't actually said "Oh no" out loud because of the Internet in some time. What a spectacular series of stupid loving choices.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Or even just looking at it and going "hey the hitch frame is way more sturdy and actually bolted to the truck so use that, the hitch is just connected by a loving metal pin"

Like even if you don't understand how levers work or if it wasn't a drop hitch, it's still a really bad idea, if the hitch itself didn't break first the pin probably would have broken off

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Oh well

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
That was a shovel job, no way around it.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Looks like it became a shovel job

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Done, update your quote.

Basically they tried to tug the guy out of the mud with a drop hitch, which acted like a big lever versus a straight hitch and cracked then ripped the barstock apart.
I meant the pictures with blood on the tow hitch and strap lol

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Don’t you hate it when your van has a loose seal?

Is that La Jolla shores?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

chaibat posted:

Is that La Jolla shores?

Huntington Beach

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mr. Wiggles posted:

That was a shovel job, no way around it.

No. 6 posted:

jfc

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Don’t you hate it when your van has a loose seal?

good dog

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Took me a sec to realize what I was looking at and then said out loud "wtf were they thinking"

No. 6 posted:

groan

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

CommieGIR posted:

today i learned that low-profile :airquote:off-road:airquote: tires are a thing

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol my brother pisses and moans about tire prices for 20 inch wheels on his loving work truck, then when I suggest a better size like 18s with a much better and cheaper tire selection he says they don't look cool enough.

:ughh:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lol my brother pisses and moans about tire prices for 20 inch wheels on his loving work truck, then when I suggest a better size like 18s with a much better and cheaper tire selection he says they don't look cool enough.

the funny thing is that i went TO 20 inch wheels for cheap tires because all the dudebros drive straight from the dealer to the tire shop to rip the stock tires off and throw on more aggressive tires. It's not hard to find brand new 275/65r20 take-offs under $500 a set.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I'm trying to drop my Q7's rims to 18 so I can run standard truck tires, I cannot understand anyone who willingly wants low profile tires on a non-track vehicle, its so expensive for new ones.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
gotta have the biggest wheel and shortest sidewall to try and impress their buddies since they couldn't measure up otherwise.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

when the dick is longer than the sidewall it gains an optical inch

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

This rules

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ha, those are some monster truck on normal wheels proportions. :golfclap:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I can't hate this

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

the funny thing is that i went TO 20 inch wheels for cheap tires because all the dudebros drive straight from the dealer to the tire shop to rip the stock tires off and throw on more aggressive tires. It's not hard to find brand new 275/65r20 take-offs under $500 a set.

The cheaper ones wear out fast tho (that's what he's been using), he is replacing them way too often because they don't wear for poo poo, and he doesn't want to spend more money on quality tires that will last longer than two years.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Vime's tire theorem.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

buttcrackmenace posted:

Ah, you haven't been subjected to many bro-dozers, have you? It's a staple of the ~*aesthetic*~ (because that's all it is - an aesthetic. They're useless as actual vehicles, much less an off-road vehicle or, you know, truck.)

OK, that in 4WD doing donuts on those little shopping cart wheels would be hilarious.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
https://montgomerycountypolicerepor...WQyAqOsFesVZ8ZE

"M'loady..."

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Oops, generally that's when you smack the recover button in snow runner and call it a day

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

buttcrackmenace posted:

Hey, gravel parking lots can have some pretty big ruts in them.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I feel like axles should stay under the trailer.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Passive rear steering looks legit.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Darchangel posted:

I feel like axles should stay under the trailer.

No one's perfect :shrug:

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Congrats to the owner for finding the most obnoxious way of announcing they are a bottom.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That truck is more pedestrian safe than a 2023 model off the lot.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the way the headlights aim is also way better, and visibility up front as well.

basically all trucks should be like this

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

How does this even happen with a company that has been engineering and making engines for so long, like what kind of dipshit thought this would be a good idea, and then the multitude of other dipshits approving it boggles the mind. On a boosted loving engine no less!

Careful which ecoboost motors your are buying/owning people your motor could be a ticking time bomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-PYa8aBM4Q

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 12, 2023

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Because they've been poorly engineering and making engines for so long.

Some computer probably did the math and determined they could save 18 cents on material and the engines would make it out of the warranty period.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah right, can't have engines lasting too long anymore can we, gotta sell more cars

I really wanted a new Maverick but Ford is just bad, I'm better off sticking with Toyotas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
agree, they’re not getting worse at engineering… they’re getting so good they can call their shots