Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fsif posted:

Could the Raiders hold out for more draft assets by just eating the post-Super Bowl guaranteed money and trading him later?

They could, but I think their best bet would be to talk to Carr ask him for a short list and then start working those teams. "What will you give us for Carr" and then you start working those bids off one another.

The deeper into the offseason you get you start losing suitors.

You probably get lot more acceptable landing places from Carr and a lot more capital when 8 teams need a QB than when three or four of them have found their guy. The closer you get to the draft I'd argue the more likely teams are to fall in love with a prospect, teams also horde their picks a lot closer to the draft.

Week four teams trade away a first or second rounder for guys they wouldn't in march.

And like was pointed out. The longer you wait the more it costs.

I think the hurdle at this point though is coaching staff as to where he goes. It's all well and good if he wants to go the Texans or the panthers but he probably wants to know who his head coach and coordinator are going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Carr is a fantastic person and he just needs a defense please someone get him a ring

https://twitter.com/HardRockSB/status/1613565288737300482?s=20&t=_4eBtUJ4GmSYpgWDr7qw3A

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bucs have a good defense and some good receivers. We just have no money. (Brady has a $35m dead cap hit next year lol)

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

really queer Christmas posted:

My favorite memory of this was how several texans fans called being down at halftime as chiefs fans all despaired and thought the end was nigh lol.

Remember when the Texans didn't go for it on 4th and one at the KC 13 when Kansas was reeling, and then later tried a fake punt on 4th and 4 at the on their own 31 when Kansas was rallying?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

wandler20 posted:

The Bucs have a good defense and some good receivers. We just have no money. (Brady has a $35m dead cap hit next year lol)

Our o-line would get that poor man disintegrated

I wouldn’t want him over Brady (lol) but I would be happy as hell with Carr on the team tbh he rules and deserves so much better than what he got on the Raiders

I’m not a Raiders fan but I get angry every time I think about the whole situation :smith:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The ability to get a Carr trade done now and structure the rest of your offseason around putting pieces together for him can't be understated. He also hasn't missed a game due to injury since 2017. He's never going to be a top 5 guy but he's solidly above average.

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1613574312610664448

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s gross to me that I think he’d do well in McDaniels offense, and combined with his injury history being strong AF, I wouldn’t hate if Miami went after him. Any top 25 QB available in FA/Trade needs to be explored

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If I was the panthers I'd be chasing him. Use the entire draft on offensive weapons and sign some fat dudes to help stop the run.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Carr has missed 1 regular season game due to injury in 9 years which is pretty crazy considering he broke his back in the middle of the season

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 12, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looks like double that amount, in reality

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Trying to think of another time the nfc play off teams only had one qb drafted in the first round.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

Trying to think of another time the nfc play off teams only had one qb drafted in the first round.

Also that QB is Danny Dimes

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

BlindSite posted:

QBs are overrated.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BlindSite posted:

Now, the AFC.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s gross to me that I think he’d do well in McDaniels offense, and combined with his injury history being strong AF, I wouldn’t hate if Miami went after him. Any top 25 QB available in FA/Trade needs to be explored

Seeing that every sane person within earshot of Tua should be telling him to retire it's not a bad idea.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s gotta retire. Honestly even Kenny Pickett should consider it after his next concussion. So many in a short period is so drat damaging based in the science I just can’t cheer on Tua returning or doing anything but retire. Some dudes aren’t made for the nfl.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/BridgetCondon_/status/1613649306195746817

:ironicat:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

God drat the Chargers just live in your head don't they

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens have a defense and will need a quarterback shortly

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

a neat cape posted:

Now, the AFC.

If not for injuries it'd be 7/7.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

a neat cape posted:

God drat the Chargers just live in your head don't they

Brandon Staley sucks and he holds back the chargers

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s gotta retire. Honestly even Kenny Pickett should consider it after his next concussion. So many in a short period is so drat damaging based in the science I just can’t cheer on Tua returning or doing anything but retire. Some dudes aren’t made for the nfl.

Even if he doesn't retire I wouldn't want him anywhere near anything that can lead to hits for a good 6 months.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Brandon Staley sucks and he holds back the chargers

Yeah?

Who are you arguing with you dumb retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 13, 2023

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lamar ain’t playing.

https://twitter.com/Lj_era8/status/1613667429128749058

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Yeah?

Mods?

Looks like ol' Steelangel2000 has been gettin into dads zimas again

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Oh no the dreaded r word. Poor baby.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Oh no the dreaded r word. Poor baby.

shut up retard

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I thought this website had higher decorum than to let Ross get away with posting like this

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lolin retardedly over here.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

a neat cape posted:

Yeah?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Mods?

Looks like ol' Steelangel2000 has been gettin into dads zimas again

You’re such a bitch lmao

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Yeah?

Who are you arguing with you dumb fat retard

Chucktesla fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 13, 2023

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

a neat cape posted:

Yeah?

Who are you arguing with you dumb fat retard

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Fight fight fight

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Telling a goon there is a bad word and they meltdown like nothing else

Mega64
May 23, 2008

With all these meltdowns it's like I'm watching a Cowboys playoff game.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Getting it out of the way now - mods the upcoming probes are stupid gently caress off

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
On the contrary, the probes will be cool and good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mega64 posted:

With all these meltdowns it's like I'm watching a Cowboys playoff game.

Just a preview of Monday night when Tom Brady and the refs make the improbable but predictable comeback to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It's funny that of the losing-record playoff teams, the Seahawks put up one of the most memorable playoff victories, the Panthers had a dumb slapfight with a very wounded Cardinals, the Football Team had the best performance of any team against the eventual Super Bowl champs, and the Bucs are basically favorites despite being rear end since it's one of the most clutch QBs against one of the most anti-clutch teams.

Also funny that it's all NFC teams with losing-record division winners.