Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I don't think Xbox consoles are selling that much. Probably better than the Xbone, but who knows.
The PS5, despite what you've might have read in this thread, is actually very popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Kojima is going to make the first S game

FINALLY

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Series S is doing well I remember hearing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i like the series s. its cute

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
If you had no game consoles and were going to buy just one game console I think the current XBox offering, inclusive of Game Pass, is probably the best value.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the xbox series S can play Lost Odyssey

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Series S can play MGS2 and the entire Dreamcast library. It has very powerful exclusives

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the xbox series S can play Lost Odyssey

The PC can now too :smug:

*you just have to emulate it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

If you had no game consoles and were going to buy just one game console I think the current XBox offering, inclusive of Game Pass, is probably the best value.

with the added bonus of me not needing to buy a new tv stand to fit it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
every time i see a picture of someone's setup including a PS5 i lol

it is so loving huge

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

hatty posted:

The Series S can play MGS2 and the entire Dreamcast library. It has very powerful exclusives

uh what?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm the idiot with a series s and midrange PC from 2017.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

ymgve posted:

uh what?

You can install emulators on it

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

hatty posted:

You can install emulators on it

I can do that on my PC, if that's the criteria you can say series s can play almost all mario games too. If it doesn't have an official way of purchasing games for that emulator, it doesn't count.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Feels Villeneuve posted:

every time i see a picture of someone's setup including a PS5 i lol

it is so loving huge

It's probably the silliest and least practical console design since, oh I don't know, the fat PS3.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
my setup is carefully arranged so I don’t have to look at it. clown chassis

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I have my grandmother's antique lamps on my serious gaming desk :agesilaus:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

ymgve posted:

I can do that on my PC, if that's the criteria you can say series s can play almost all mario games too. If it doesn't have an official way of purchasing games for that emulator, it doesn't count.

Got a console war lawyer over here. It was a joke sorry

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Saw some "speedrun" of the space cadet pinball game for windows. Just watching that for 3 minutes and hearing the sounds brought me back

No idea what was going on in that game most of the time as a kid

Fun fact, that was a demo of a much larger game. And it was made by Maxis

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

the slanted sandwich design of the PS4 was also really stupid and bad. Ironic that the best looking Sony console is the one were they just copied the design from some weird rear end old computer:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i really like the ps4 design, though i think the pro looks like rear end

not really a fan of the ps4 otherwise. it was depressing to launch it the other day and see how few games i actually had gotten for it. most stuff just was better on PC

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Seemed at the time like Sony was thinking the console market was dead and put in the least amount of effort they possibly could in the PS4. Even at release it was pretty under-powered. But, idk I definitely enjoyed playing games on it, bought it on some sort of sale when the slim model was new and there was tons of cheap games for it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
for all the talk of it failing i enjoyed my Vita so much more than my PS4

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
look I'm just gonna say it: vertical consoles are for freaks

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Yeah I think I’m more bought into the Sony stuff at this point so I’ll probably end up getting a PS5 in the next year or so.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Looper posted:

look I'm just gonna say it: vertical consoles are for freaks

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I bought a PS5 so i can post about it in the games thread

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
All consoles have the space for you to drive nails through them and affix them permanently to a wall. Life hacked.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

i recently purchased a PS5, because the new Armored Core announcement was enough of a tipping point. also i was tired of posting 'bloodborne pc when' as though the answer to that question was going to be 'ever'

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I want some of the games that are on a PS5 but I don't want to put any work at all into finding one and I'm not even sure if I have space on my tv cabinet in the first place so I think I might just wait til the refresh model that comes out in a year or two, I dunno.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The PS5 is very ugly but both the PS4s I had got so loud that you could hear them even if you had headphones on (the pro was even louder than the original for some reason???) so hopefully the weird design stops that

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Psycho behavior

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Almost anything you can get on Xbox you can get on PC since it's Microsoft owned (which is cool!) so I'd rather just get a PS5 so I could play all those exclusives.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is Roblox on ps5?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I love my ps5 and I love video games!! :peanut:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

My first ps1 would only read discs if it was upside down

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Evil Kit posted:

Almost anything you can get on Xbox you can get on PC since it's Microsoft owned (which is cool!) so I'd rather just get a PS5 so I could play all those exclusives.

The theoretical person who has a PC they can game on and no console would probably be better served getting a Switch, at least I know I would. Regardless, great time to be playing video games. There's too dang many of the good ones to play them all anyway.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Someone with a gaming pc already has a better switch than switch owners

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I love my ps5 and I love video games!! :peanut:

Oh yeah? Name every video game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Seems like the only way to truly win the console wars...is not to play