Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

At least use a proper butty for the photo instead of two slices of the UK equivalent of Wonder Bread!

(no, this Yank still would not eat it)

Yeah that's the saddest chip butty I've ever seen. For a proper butty you need to use a bun, a bap, a barmcake or a stottie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Pseudohog posted:

Yeah that's the saddest chip butty I've ever seen. For a proper butty you need to use a bun, a bap, a barmcake or a stottie!

You made up three of those words.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

CzarChasm posted:

Well... someone made them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fid-RMAm4U

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Hirayuki posted:

At least use a proper butty for the photo instead of two slices of the UK equivalent of Wonder Bread!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's not a proper butty without some fudglegroak crumcbonkle that's what me granda always used to say and he was in The War (saw a German once when holidaying in Spain in 1963)

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

CzarChasm posted:

All words are made up

Hirayuki posted:

Actually chip butties are generally always on poo poo white bread, just maybe in a bap form instead. You know how Americans insist that the best grilled cheeses must also be on poo poo white bread too

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pogonodon posted:

For a serious answer, I'm pretty sure it means it's certified free of tuberculosis, and isn't pasteurized.

We let Rattling Victor cough into every tenth pail of uncertified milk, take that cheapskates

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Primanti Brothers sandwiches rule, even though I was put off by the idea at first.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

These sandwiches gently caress but they need a thin vinegary hot sauce

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Butterfly Valley posted:

All words are made up

Actually chip butties are generally always on poo poo white bread, just maybe in a bap form instead.

the only good bap is bibim

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Oh we have such sights to show you.

Ha, gently caress I forgot the first rule of laws: there is always more and it is always worse.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

axolotl farmer posted:

the only good bap is bibim

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The proper addition of starch to a sandwich is potato sticks in pan con bistec, not these affronts to god and man. :colbert:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Everything in here feels like it confirms my belief that fries should just be left on the side to let me decide how much of them I want with a bite, rather than just piling them in all over everything.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Zero_Grade posted:

The proper addition of starch to a sandwich is potato sticks in pan con bistec, not these affronts to god and man. :colbert:

Or a frita cubana mmm

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That's it, time for a chip butty.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Paladinus posted:

That's it, time for a chip butty.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bloody 'ell, Bahbara

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I love pickles. I love pizza.
But I'm not sure about this:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Wet pizzas always make me uncomfortable.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Wanna get super loving high and demolish all those sandwiches

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/AnUrbanNeurotic/status/1613579444240748566

There's some fun old stuff in here. I kinda want to start calling my own dish chili con coction whenever I make it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://twitter.com/AnUrbanNeurotic/status/1613579444240748566

There's some fun old stuff in here. I kinda want to start calling my own dish chili con coction whenever I make it.

I like how Chili Con Coction is supposed to be spicy, because it has, tomatoes?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm making something called "Toad in the Hole" for dinner out of curiosity about fine English cuisine and the very unappetising name appealed to me þ.

It's basically some sausages baked into a batter.

Will it be any good?

Only time will tell

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm making something called "Toad in the Hole" for dinner out of curiosity about fine English cuisine and the very unappetising name appealed to me þ.

Will it be any good?

Only time will tell

If you have decent sausages and you cook it properly of course its good, it's sausages and Yorkshire pudding. Just I hope you're making some kind of gravy to go with it

Edit: this recipe looks legit

Butterfly Valley has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Jan 12, 2023

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Captain Hygiene posted:

Everything in here feels like it confirms my belief that fries should just be left on the side to let me decide how much of them I want with a bite, rather than just piling them in all over everything.
Plus then they stay nice and cripsy instead of getting soggy from absorbing the grease and sauces, and you don't have to deal with fries falling out of the bun because it's completely overstuffed with them(as is the case with half those pictures).

I wouldn't turn any of those down if they were put in front of me, but I'd be wondering why they didn't just leave the fries on the side like a normal person.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Will it be any good?

Only time will tell

Isn't Toad in the hole where you take a piece of bread, cut a hole in the middle, put the bread in a pan, crack an egg in the hole, and then flip over the whole thing when one side is toasted and then toast the other side?

What am I thinking of?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The chip butty was good. Remind me to have another in a month.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CzarChasm posted:

Isn't Toad in the hole where you take a piece of bread, cut a hole in the middle, put the bread in a pan, crack an egg in the hole, and then flip over the whole thing when one side is toasted and then toast the other side?

What am I thinking of?

lol thakns google

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It was good. The dough was very soft and pancakey. Different to what I expected.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Wrong thread, I would eat ALL of these and they look loving great.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Data Graham posted:

lol thakns google

that first picture is a crime

FreudianSlippers posted:

It was good. The dough was very soft and pancakey. Different to what I expected.

yorkshire puddings should be softish and fluffier towards the bottom but crispy and craggly where they rise around the sides, if this didn't happen your oven/fat wasn't hot enough

Butterfly Valley has a new favorite as of 21:44 on Jan 12, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
British Toad in the Hole is the sausage/Yorkshire dish, American Toad in the Hole is the egg in toast

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Butterfly Valley posted:

that first picture is a crime

yorkshire puddings should be softish and fluffier towards the bottom but crispy and craggly where they rise around the sides, if this didn't happen your oven/fat wasn't hot enough

Mine was crispy on the sides, fairly crispy on top but soft on the inside.

I reduced the recipe by half and it was still the most stuffed I've been in a while.

Very filling food.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Protip: recipes are usually intended for multiple servings

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Onslow my beloved

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

steinrokkan posted:

Protip: recipes are usually intended for multiple servings

Coward!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I did not eat the strange British sausage pastry alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Iron Crowned posted:

I like how Chili Con Coction is supposed to be spicy, because it has, tomatoes?

It has TWO TEASPOONS of chili powder! TWO!