Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Surely now that Hillary and Obama are no longer in politics that will make people stop fixating on them every time they hear a mouse fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Gort posted:

Who the gently caress cares about Pelosi any more

chuds keep doing this in NM https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/06/us/albuquerque-officials-shootings.html
people should probably care about the fact that a chud tried to murder Paul Pelosi in his own house with a hammer while his wife was the Speaker of the House, but, "Who the gently caress cares about Pelosi any more"

NY Times posted:

Shootings Reported at Homes and Offices of 5 New Mexico Democrats
No one was injured in the shootings, which occurred in Albuquerque between Dec. 4 and Thursday. The authorities are investigating whether they were related and politically motivated.

Federal and local authorities in New Mexico are investigating whether several shootings since early December at the offices or homes of five elected Democratic leaders were connected and possibly politically motivated, officials said.
No one was injured in the shootings in Albuquerque involving three residences, a workplace and a campaign office associated with a pair of county commissioners, two state senators and New Mexico’s newly elected attorney general. Three of the shootings took place in December and two this month, the latest of which was on Thursday, the authorities said.
The Albuquerque police chief, Harold Medina, said at a news conference on Thursday that there could be a pattern to the shootings, possibly tied to political affiliation.
“On the surface, that is one of the things that, as a law enforcement agency, we are looking at and is a concern to us,” Chief Medina said.
He said the authorities were still processing evidence and had no one in custody. The department did not announce the shootings earlier, he said, because it was not clear in December whether there might be a pattern.
Mayor Tim Keller of Albuquerque said the authorities were concerned that the shootings might have been targeted and were “possibly politically motivated.”
“This is a high priority for us,” Mr. Keller said at the news conference.
The F.B.I. in Albuquerque is assisting with the investigation, an agency official said at the news conference. The state police were also involved, officials said.
The Albuquerque Police Department provided a timeline of the shootings on Thursday. It said the police had been called that morning to the law office where State Senator Moe Maestas works after gunshots were heard in the area. Three shots were fired at 11:41 a.m., but there was no damage to the building, the police said.
On Tuesday, at least eight shots were fired at the home of State Senator Linda Lopez, the police said.
On Dec. 11, the department said, “more than a dozen gunshot impacts” were found at the house of Debbie O’Malley, a Bernalillo County commissioner who left office at the end of the month because she was limited to two terms.
On Dec. 4, eight rounds were fired at the home of Adriann Barboa, also a Bernalillo County commissioner, the police said.
The police said in a statement late Thursday that they were also examining whether shots that were fired in December at the former campaign office of Raul Torrez, who had just been elected New Mexico’s attorney general, were part of the pattern.
Mr. Torrez moved out of the office after the November election. On the morning of Dec. 10, the Police Department’s ShotSpotter gunshot detection system identified several gunshots in the area of the building that the authorities now think “may be tied to the string of shootings involving elected officials,” the police statement said.
“These shootings are serious crimes, regardless of whether anyone was injured,” Mr. Keller, the mayor, said on Twitter on Thursday, referring to the Albuquerque investigation.
While the authorities have not definitively tied the gunfire to politics or ideology, the investigation reflects national concern over threats and intimidation against lawmakers, public officials and, in some cases, their family members.
Members of Congress from both parties have experienced a rise in threats and harassment that in some cases has escalated to the level of in-person intimidation and physical altercation, particularly since the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.
A person smashed a storm window at Senator Susan Collins’s home in Maine last year. In Seattle, a man armed with a semiautomatic handgun showed up outside the house of Representative Pramila Jayapal, shouting threats and profanities.
An intruder broke into the San Francisco home of Representative Nancy Pelosi in October, when she was still the House speaker, and attacked her husband, Paul Pelosi, with a hammer. The episode brought to life the acute danger facing elected officials amid a rise in violent political speech.

Cuoy still mad that the state supreme court took his right to hold office away, it seems

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 12, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

A Frosty Witch posted:

Why the gently caress would Paul Pelosi be wearing a bodycam

This is more or less the basis of conservative humor. Take something the left says, in this case about police abuse and misconduct, and then say it about something that makes no sense.

Thus, libs are owned.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The answer to that question was chuds who won't let the gently caress go.

We have a similar problem with our ex-speaker the ORDARR ORDAR guy being in legit danger from loving morons. He wasnt made a lord out of spite and all the gammons hate him, even though he revolutionised and updated parlament to a degree not seen in hundreds of years from policy towards debate and backbenchers to turning bars into day care centres. They believe he HELD UP BREXT even though it was a hard line brexit lunatic Tory setting the house agenda, and even if he did he saved us billions of pounds and delayed our economy going down the toilet.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I loving hate that that person is using Jay from Red Letter Media as an AV

Like gently caress you extra for that

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

TulliusCicero posted:

I loving hate that that person is using Jay from Red Letter Media as an AV

Like gently caress you extra for that

I browsed his feed and I think he's making a joke and the guy below doesn't get it.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Smh

Never do for free what you can get paid for

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
:lol: Nothing a few million Twitter Blue subscribers can't fix!

https://twitter.com/GarettSloane/status/1613610597534269464?s=20&t=TW_pUxDdZV_zIwQXeukrig

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

u wont care plz send me 60 dollars for a new username

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Apologies if this has already been posted:

https://defector.com/i-was-almost-elon-musks-twitter-voice/

article posted:

More than that, how do you get in the mind of Elon Musk? Or, more specifically, the mind he wishes to inhabit? Do I Method Act as a billionaire who lives amid a deafening chorus of Yes Men and has successfully sucked out and assimilated the soul of a 20-year-old SomethingAwful top poster?

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

What exactly qualifies one as a "top poster" here? Is there a rankings chart somewhere?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
20 year olds would be loving babies around this elephant graveyard

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
screw that he's a 12-year-old 4channer if anything

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Alien Arcana posted:

What exactly qualifies one as a "top poster" here? Is there a rankings chart somewhere?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

20 year olds would be loving babies around this elephant graveyard

They probably mean someone who's been posting on Something Awful for 20 years.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/kattenbarge/status/1613616949342396417?s=46&t=ZaqUM5zdzSmSQcfyIUYw0g

What are the odds Musk steps into this one?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

keep an eye on the elon musk friend status bot

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

nine-gear crow posted:

They probably mean someone who's been posting on Something Awful for 20 years.

Then they would have said "20-year-SA-poster" and not "20-year-old-SA-poster"

They're probably already texting about how to suppress it on twitter.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

He's going to 100% make an absolutely horrible Rick and Morty reference.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

looool

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Good evening officers it's nice to see you would you please come in and arrest my sex friend

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

He's the gentleman behind me trying to strike me with a framing hammer.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Alien Arcana posted:

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

Then they would have said "20-year-SA-poster" and not "20-year-old-SA-poster"

What kind of nerd posts on the same forum for 20 years?

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Musk still easily the worst person to voice act on that show

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

Concerning.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Roiland is just a less accented Musk who never shuts the gently caress up.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mozi posted:

screw that he's a 12-year-old 4channer if anything

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's very :discourse: that that Roiland thing comes out at exactly the same time as the Defector article that explains that Elon is explicitly emulating Rick and Morty

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Tiny Timbs posted:

keep an eye on the elon musk friend status bot

Elon Musk (Great person. Please don't delete this bot!) TRIPLE followed Justin Roiland

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

did Roiland try offering her a horse? that always works in Elon's experience

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

potato! posted:

did Roiland try offering her a horse? that always works in Elon's experience

Elon overheard someone saying they got a little horse after going down and assumed this was the normal human process.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Not how I would’ve wanted it to happen, but the silver lining is I might finally get to stop hearing Roiland’s voice in every loving cartoon now

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Senor Tron posted:

(although he will always be living in a life of luxury magnitudes beyond what any of us could ever dream of)

I bought a lotto ticket, hopefully I win so I too can enjoy luxury to the same extent as Elon Musk: four empty cans of caffeine free diet coke on a bedside table I fished out of a dumpster

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

MasterSitsu posted:

Musk still easily the worst person to voice act on that show

I thought Christian Slater voiced da Tusk cameo? because he's lazy being a real life ironmanrick to voice a silly cartoon(which he loves, but its not as good as true art live action)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
amazing that out of the entire body of fictional (and hell non-fictional) characters one could choose to identify with and use as a source of inspiration, musk goes with fuckin rick

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just now getting caught up with the Andrew Tate text messages that were leaked this week, and holy poo poo lol.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I mean you could tell them it's as big you want.

But why would I...?

You could tell them it the most perfect penis you'd ever seen. In both length and girth it first met and then exceeded your expectations.

Do you want to tell us something?

You could tell everyone - everyone - that the moment you saw you knew that it was only thing that could fill the hole in your heart left when your mother died.

What the gently caress

That it smelled like freshly baked cookies...

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Roiland turning out to be an abusing piece of poo poo is once of those bits of news that is disappointing to hear, but not surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

PhazonLink posted:

I thought Christian Slater voiced da Tusk cameo? because he's lazy being a real life ironmanrick to voice a silly cartoon(which he loves, but its not as good as true art live action)