Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

is it good or bad

if his appearance on that medieval podcast is anything to go by its going to loving own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

KomradeX posted:

Hell on Earth was good, had an intrusive thought through the episode that the Catholic Church was the DNC of the Middle Ages

Martin Luther had intrusive thoughts too but they were about the devil's rear end in a top hat.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
They set the stage really well. The Centennial celebration at the precipice of the giant war is a very cool introduction. As an aside, I was listening to the LPOTL series on the Black Death and the difference really shows. Matt managed to explain why the Catholic Church was so important for Catholic Europe - the scaffolding that held society together.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It was entertaining but the woo woo connectedness guy disparaging the Eucharist as “bread” is laughable.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
explain how it is any different from polytheistic offerings?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tankbuster posted:

explain how it is any different from polytheistic offerings?

you get to keep it

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Recommend looking into Gladio Free Europe, they had Matt Christman on ostensibly to talk about the movie The Last Valley. They go into some of the personalities of the 30 Years War and Christman just talks off the dome, it's fun.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Grevling posted:

Recommend looking into Gladio Free Europe, they had Matt Christman on ostensibly to talk about the movie The Last Valley. They go into some of the personalities of the 30 Years War and Christman just talks off the dome, it's fun.

they could have spliced a clip of Micahel Caine doing a german accent, i really wanted to hear it then

err posted:

I recommend playing Pentiment with it as well, it takes place in the same region + time as Martin Luther and is mentioned a bunch.

Chapo also made a companion site with books + map/events https://hellonearth.chapotraphouse.com/

Looking forward to this series.

all the historical research on Pentiment is really great, like a Night in the Woods for a diff kind of nerd, but playing it was a bit boring in comparison

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Xaris posted:

i think im just spoiled in that there are shows like trueanon/tafs/TWSU/RWN/TMK/blowback/ghost stories/ or even fuckin' bein ian that are just absolute constant bangers and don't do weird stupid poo poo and then you got this one podcast that typically good stuff but then just enough entirely fail AIDs goony sex fanfic episodes that make me question the entire series

i guess chapo had that god awful zayguana fanfic or w/e episode that was horrible but that those are least 3 standard deviations away

to not be entirely negative, i did like their recent cambridge analytica episode

Very late to this, but how do people get around to kistening to that many podcasts?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Honest Thief posted:

they could have spliced a clip of Micahel Caine doing a german accent, i really wanted to hear it then

I recommend watching the movie and experience Michael Caine's performance yourself. It's a decent flick and worth watching.

Really enjoyed Pentiment as well, it did drag a few times and there's a lot of walking back and forth with your character if you're like me and don't want to miss anything.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

genericnick posted:

Very late to this, but how do people get around to kistening to that many podcasts?

speaking for myself here but i used to work as a lab tech doing solitary repetitive tasks (lots and lots of pipetting), and i would basically have my headphones in for a solid 4-6 hours a day during the really boring weeks. that's a lot of audiobooks, music, and podcasts. not to mention there's the commute

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Seeking derangement is funny as hell coughed up a lung from the jigsaw bit

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i havent listened to cum town since a few weeks back when nick wasn't on and it was ian and mike recine and they mildly laughed at adam saying ian eats poopy diapers or something, and adam took a victory lap for like 9 minutes before i finally turned it off. i know adam being terrible is part of the bit and all but that must be reeled in

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

genericnick posted:

play lots of video games

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

genericnick posted:

most only come out like once a week at most: so between the big ones that’s about 10 hrs a week

just going into work and back eats up half of that

by comparison the average americans watch something like 4 hours a day on average of TV or like 40 hours a week last I checked; I watch about 0. personally I think it’s weirder people have so much time to do that

the other half?

Fellatio del Toro posted:

play lots of video games
this. note only specific type of games though: snowrunner, hardspace, death stranding, against the grain, slay the spire, etc are particularly suited for it bc you don’t have to focus

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

the other half?

this. note only specific type of games though: snowrunner, hardspace, death stranding, against the grain, slay the spire, etc are particularly suited for it bc you don’t have to focus

once again recommending factorio and especially dyson sphere program in the podcast thread

this war of mine is still great for people that haven't played it yet

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Timberborn is also good for plant podcasts

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
PowerWash Simulator is great for podcasts.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cloks posted:

PowerWash Simulator is great for podcasts.

Dishwashing IRL is even better. I don’t think I’ve washed dishes in 10 years or so without.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Just put an RPG or something while listening to a podcast. I have beaten so many JRPGs and games like BG listening to podcasts.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

i say swears online posted:

you get to keep it

technically you did get to keep the leftovers after the priests got their cut.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/IfBooksPod/status/1613526346613026817

I was briefly seeing a woman in college who was a big proponent of this book (in 2007, I don't remember when it was first published). We eventually started seeing other people, and when she broke up with her new boyfriend she made up a story about how her brother had just been diagnosed with terminal cancer in order to get all of their mutual friends onto her side. She alienated all of her friends once they found out it was a lie, and was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder shortly after that. That's not really germane to this book or podcast ep but I'll always think of her whenever someone namedrops The Secret.

I social media-stalked her one afternoon several years ago and she seemed to have turned her life around, so that's good at least :unsmith:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I PMed a long-hopeless someone in the mental health thread to start praying in the morning with a list of things they want to do, even if they don’t believe them at all, to sharpen superego focus. I think I stumbled across the secret. anyway I never actually tried to see if it would work but maybe it does. a last resort?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

god isnt real

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

god isnt real

Yeah I'm gonna trust this guy over Colton Burpo, ok

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

god isnt real

that's why i pray to my lord and savior, karl marx

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

god is real and i hosed him already

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

euro truck simulator 2 is a great game to play while listening to podcasts

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

euro truck simulator 2 is a great game to play while listening to podcasts

Driver San Francisco

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Adam being terrible as a bit worked better in podcast format than ... whatever is going on now. It's funny but it's not really worth the production value they sunk into it imo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Just put an RPG or something while listening to a podcast. I have beaten so many JRPGs and games like BG listening to podcasts.

good idea. I got 1/3rd into divinity OS2 when pandemic started but I haven’t touched it since. if boule do they and wrap it up

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
so martin luther is bernie sanders

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If you are doing Hell on Earth there is Hardcore History on the Munster rebellion that is pretty good. Some pretty gnarly stuff.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
mein Gott!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
they keep doing the zany sound effects and i want to murder whats his name

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

they keep doing the zany sound effects and i want to murder whats his name

I thought they were nice and campy

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the zany sound effects, are good

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

so martin luther is bernie sanders

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don't know if you guys are talking about the same Bernie Sanders, but the guy who campaigned harder from Clinton and Biden than they did is not exactly in line with "Here I Stand; I Can Do No Other". I have long argued that Bernie should have had the same devotion to his ideals, rather than sheepdog for the dems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the integrity of the sense of self of bernie sanders is critically dependent on the idea that the amrican democratic party can be guided and reformed from the inside, and for this faith there is no sacrifice too great to maintain a delusional grip on whatever forlorn hope the man has clung on to throughout his entire career. he is a sad old man, who has witnessed nothing but defeat after defeat throughout his life, and yet never lost hope. what a despicable cretin