Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

The Deleter posted:

Forcing the just king things guys, at gunpoint, to do a critical analysis of doug's the wall

I would up my patreon pledge for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Pigbuster posted:

Now that's just ridiculous. Everyone knows that in actuality Jack the Ripper was the former leader of the sex ferrets, and that that red and white sex ferret posted earlier used the victims' skin to make her hat.

That's impossible, everyone knows Jack the Ripper was abducted by Vorlons and never seen again until the 23rd century.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I read that sex ferret wiki and am even more confused as to why they show up in The Wall review at all. That red and white ferret has lived for 7 billion years. Surely she should understand the movie better than Doug at least

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the sex ferret wiki

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Famethrowa posted:

tbf to him, I regularly see posts in TVIV that exude the same childlike wonder and mystery about things like The Walking Dead so he clearly isn't alone.

TVIV is a festering bog of folks going "Why did that thing that was clearly explained and easily understandable using basic logic happen? Can someone please explain it to me".

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Libluini posted:

That's impossible, everyone knows Jack the Ripper was abducted by Vorlons and never seen again until the 23rd century.

THANK you. You're right and you SHOULD say it

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Violet_Sky posted:

I read that sex ferret wiki and am even more confused as to why they show up in The Wall review at all. That red and white ferret has lived for 7 billion years. Surely she should understand the movie better than Doug at least

What I don't understand is where all this goddamned lore comes from considering this thing's episodes are only like 3:00.

I was also so glad when Dan Olsen dunked on Fennah's character designs and writing in his retrospective video because dear lord is everything about Satellite City except the effort put into the CGI mockable

Libluini posted:

Was that before or after Dio turned him into a vampire and he ambushed Jonathan Joestar by jumping out of a hollowed-out horse carcass?

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

The Deleter posted:

Forcing the just king things guys, at gunpoint, to do a critical analysis of doug's the wall
They're already doing a Homestuck podcast; they've suffered enough.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
there is more substantive entertainment in the last minute of dan olsen's video on doug walker's wall thing than the entirety of doug walker's wall thing

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
It's been said but I still believe it's worth reiterating that NC's the Wall review only resonated so hard because of how dumbfounding it was of him to say that the parody album he made was a love letter to Pink Floyd, when all the songs were about how bad the Wall is.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Plus he has worse meter sense than some goons

"Though oureduca tionsystem's broke" christ

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Edit:nvm

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 13, 2023

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So I decided to watch Doug Walker's: Melvin: Brother of the Joker skit.

I'm actually surprised someone would willingly put this on the internet; people would have to physically beat me to get me to divulge that this skit existed if it were me

Speaking of Channel Awesome content creators keeping embarrassing videos of them still online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTNkoDzP1hI

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

TVIV is a subforum where I see people argue prison labour camps are "voluntary". CD is a subforum where I see people argue a guy idealogically is not a direct parody of a real person and thus toothless and poses no actual danger, but he literally wears and shoots his gun when swimming in the hotel pool

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

"Though oureduca tionsystem's broke" christ

"Lol so school sucks, grow a drat pair of balls."

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Delphisage posted:

NFSW related video watermarks

you are aware that the related videos generally are based off of your own watch history right

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
If there's any upside to the Wall review, the comments are a treasure trove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg4EZW3_XuA

quote:

Richard Head
1 year ago (edited)
I once got into a very serious accident, in the middle of town with my wife. I had to be rushed to hospital, and the lights were slowly fading for me as the ambulance arrived. I remember, all too vividly, the panic I felt as my body became increasingly sluggish and unresponsive, all the while feeling my wife holding me, and hearing her voice pleading for me to hold on and not to leave her. I felt so frightened, but above all else I felt sad, sad for her; I wished I could comfort her and respond to her, but my injuries were severe and I was losing blood fast, and I couldn't speak. Worse than simply dying, it felt as though I was being condemned to see the pure anguish I would be leaving my wife with once I was gone. As the paramedics carried me to the ambulance, I felt myself lose consciousness, for what I thought would be the last time- thankfully, of course, I survived and ultimately recovered.

Anyway, watching Nostalgia Critic's The Wall is easily the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 13, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Delphisage posted:

I actually had to wonder if Dan was an ex-brony after that scene. It was pretty much the same joke as

"Video lol random interrupted by some douchebag alterego of the presenter" jokes are older than the loving internet itself...

loving Spoony was doing that poo poo in like 2008.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 13, 2023

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm sure the gag was referencing Doug Walker in the video about Doug Walker, and was not referencing some NSFW brony video

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axZ4YDS4f_A
Chad Chad tries out that AI chat bot that keeps getting advertised on Twitter and Tik Tok. Apparently it constantly tries to horny things up no matter what you say to it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Delphisage posted:

I actually had to wonder if Dan was an ex-brony after that scene. It was pretty much the same joke as this Drowninginhorseshoes video 6 years earlier. (WARNING: MLP, NFSW related video watermarks. I've timestamped the URL to skip to the relevant part)

how do you know about this

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

delphisage you little freak!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

interesting theory danaru

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Days without Delphisage showing their rear end in some weird way: 0

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MechaX posted:

Speaking of Channel Awesome content creators keeping embarrassing videos of them still online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTNkoDzP1hI

That probably went better than any interview Lordkat would have done, admittedly.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol at lordkat blaming spoony for his failure to become a games journalist

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

How do they do this in every thread they post in? They're a magician.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

TVIV is a festering bog of folks going "Why did that thing that was clearly explained and easily understandable using basic logic happen? Can someone please explain it to me".

This has largely been my experience in the Helluva Boss subreddit* and the amount of posts that boil down to "why did comedic thing happen in this comedy show" is frankly distressing

*yes I know my first mistake is reddit, that's on me

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

Sometimes desprate times lead to desprate measures.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I still regularly think about "why would an ambulance be LEAVING a hospital?"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Twincityhacker posted:

Sometimes desprate times lead to desprate measures.

I make no excuses

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Danaru posted:

I still regularly think about "why would an ambulance be LEAVING a hospital?"

lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Happy Landfill posted:

This has largely been my experience in the Helluva Boss subreddit* and the amount of posts that boil down to "why did comedic thing happen in this comedy show" is frankly distressing

I've triggered a couple of TVIVers into legitimate, multi-post meltdown ragers by questioning their media literacy once or twice. People who suck at digesting media don't like it when you point out that they're not particularly good at digesting media.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

And ninety percent of it could be avoided if they'd put down their drat phones while watching shows. loving Liveposting and constant need to second screen has reduced the ability of the average person to understand media to truly abysmal levels. Soon everyone on TV is going to be yelling out character motivations like Kung Fu characters yell out their secret techniques just so everyone can keep up.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

How do they do this in every thread they post in? They're a magician.

delphisage's posting successfully reduced my work productivity for the last hour right down to 0 so I have to admit being pretty impressed

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

are they young? their comments read like a child's sometimes.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I get all my critical thinking from cinemasins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I get all my critical thinking from cinemasins.

(ding)