Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

it’s good cause you already see people complaining that their childhood memories are ruined cause of a trailer where some of the characters are poc.

there are no POCs in the trailer (people of collar [scooby])

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

there's something BIG in my SHORTS

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Incorrect bitch

you're thinking of 'bigly'. "The Bigly Short" would mean it's especially short

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

a Big Short should be like 60-70 minutes. The Big Short would be more accurately described as a Short Big (120-130 minutes)

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

He’s sure in a pickle now

FireWorksWell posted:

I got myself into a pickle, Morty

MasterSitsu posted:

Justin Roiland is in a pickle

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Wizard Master posted:

what are your blokes thoughts on the new Velma cartoon for adults

why would justin morty do this

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

A short film is defined as an original motion picture that has a running time of 40 minutes or less, including all credits.

https://www.oscars.org/sites/oscars/files/93aa_short_films.pdf

it does not define what a big short is tho

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

christmas boots posted:

I think aggravating factors can up it from a misdemeanor too so if there was a weapon, or some sexual element, or if a child was injured or something, etc.

It usually happens if you have history of DV or cause traumatic injury

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

*me, after watching the big short*

Eh, I've had bigger

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

cant say i'm surprised about this one

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

why is he called the big lebowski when phillip seymour hoffman is shorter than jeff bridges

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

im domestic violence morty

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

why is he called the big lebowski when phillip seymour hoffman is shorter than jeff bridges

philip seymour hoffman was Brandt, c;mon man

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

oscarthewilde posted:

imagine having this fat gently caress cameo in your movie

What movie is this?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

philip seymour hoffman was Brandt, c;mon man

oh gently caress I've been owned

(Technically David Huddleston is also shorter but I've completely whiffed the joke now)

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

StashAugustine posted:

oh gently caress I've been owned

(Technically David Huddleston is also shorter but I've completely whiffed the joke now)

Obviously, you're not a golfer.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Nichael posted:

What movie is this?

moneyball

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I guess Justin Roiland won't be getting "high on life" as long as he is reporting to his probation officer!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They rehabbed Depp, they'll have this buried in the public's eye well before the start of the next season. Too much money on the table

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i turned myself into an abuser morty!!!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I guess Justin Roiland won't be getting "high on life" as long as he is reporting to his probation officer!!

are you not allowed to smoke weed in recreation legal states on probation? that would be hosed up. could always just get a medical card I guess

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

indigi posted:

are you not allowed to smoke weed in recreation legal states on probation? that would be hosed up. could always just get a medical card I guess

Can't drink either

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/BootsRiley/status/1613271990273724417

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

nice

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

yes

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

God drat right

I rewatched the original Avatar today and it really struck me that the real depth of Avatar's storytelling is how it portrays a completely alien natural history, then lets its story unfold along a materially dialectical path which all that natural history set the stage for. You aren't just witnessing the beat for beat events of a simple story about anticolonialism or environmentalism, it's a real breathing history that unfolds before your very eyes, all rooted in real material principles.

It's something that Science Fiction has been reaching for for ages, but could never reach because nobody had the resources to fully realize it. But Cameron's actually doing it. The absolute madman.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I rewatched the original Avatar today and it really struck me that the real depth of Avatar's storytelling is how it portrays a completely alien natural history, then lets its story unfold along a materially dialectical path which all that natural history set the stage for. You aren't just witnessing the beat for beat events of a simple story about anticolonialism or environmentalism, it's a real breathing history that unfolds before your very eyes, all rooted in real material principles.

It's something that Science Fiction has been reaching for for ages, but could never reach because nobody had the resources to fully realize it. But Cameron's actually doing it. The absolute madman.

the natural history of avatar had the depth of a puddle. the only interesting thing was the USB port in the hair.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

absolute bollocks

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

cmon man

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

are you saying that the cgi animals in avatar mean that the movie is marxist

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wizard Master posted:

what are your blokes thoughts on the new Velma cartoon for adults

It's Scooby Doo but there's no Scooby Doo, it's adult animation but the characters are high school students, there's a guy who is apparently supposed to be Shaggy but does not share his looks, personality, or name, and it's a comedy without jokes

I'm not really heavily invested in the Scooby Doo IP (but IT SHOULD INVOLVE SCOOBY DOO :mad:) but it seems kind of like a miss. Feels more like Mindy Kaling calling in a favor than anything else. Riling up gators and chuds hasn't been a noteworthy feature of a TV show in years imo

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JimCameron/status/1612896314349719553

thank you jim

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

It's Scooby Doo but there's no Scooby Doo, it's adult animation but the characters are high school students, there's a guy who is apparently supposed to be Shaggy but does not share his looks, personality, or name, and it's a comedy without jokes

I'm not really heavily invested in the Scooby Doo IP (but IT SHOULD INVOLVE SCOOBY DOO :mad:) but it seems kind of like a miss. Feels more like Mindy Kaling calling in a favor than anything else. Riling up gators and chuds hasn't been a noteworthy feature of a TV show in years imo

hate to be the :actually: prick but he does share his name, just not his nickname.

I like Harley Quinn a lot so I want to give a show of a similar concept a chance, but just the opening of Velma pales in comparison to Harley Quinn's opening scene. The latter absolutely killed it in the first five minutes. And it's ironic because Velma's first five minutes is just discussing TV shows being similar, while ignoring that the most similar show to it handled the task so well.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nonsense posted:

Get rid of all of his poo poo completely. please and thank you

Hey there I'm Mr. lovely Face Man, and I love rubbing my own poo poo AAAALL over my face. MMMM, smells good. Yummy.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ymgve posted:

the natural history of avatar had the depth of a puddle. the only interesting thing was the USB port in the hair.

tristeham posted:

absolute bollocks

none of you are fit to swim with the Tul'kun. Your demon minds shield your eyes from the truth.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

he's been working toward it his entire career. in interviews he'll talk about cuts he made from Terminator or the deleted scene from Aliens where Paul Rudd's chestburster kills him and he'll be like "yeah it was an awesome scene but the established gestation period didn't line up with what the reactor countdown so I scrapped it"

none of that stuff is difficult to come up with, but you have to spend time thinking about it and be willing to scrap stuff you like that doesn't serve the universe

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it was still way too long

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Paul Rudd was in Aliens?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Farm Frenzy posted:

are you saying that the cgi animals in avatar mean that the movie is marxist

it's not *just* the cgi monsters, it's literally everything. Even if James Cameron isn't actually a Marxist, he's constructing a real deal world built upon all known scientific fields. Even if Cameron isn't a Marxist himself, the straightforward material depth of Pandora lends that reading despite itself. Just take the "Way of Water" for instance: it's conveying a concept that's literally true. All the moisture in your body goes through the water cycle, and will be reconstituted in another living being in the future.

indigi posted:

it was still way too long

yeah it's pretty weird he's had so long to get Way of Water right when it's got a few story problems, but they also shot all four movies at the same time. It's an unprecedented undertaking, and it will be imperfect by necessity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

overdoing it a bit