Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant Ethicist posted:

The Antique Dealer’s Tale

I'm happy for the big titty bartender hologram ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Mar. 27, 1955)

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

That's true, a house does keep the outside from being inside!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Mar. 27, 1955)

Ah, well, it's death then.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
I can't believe the Pechenegs are loving dead.

Also: Does anyone else know about the babies hidden inside the ship?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

everyone wear hats now posted:

The Creeps

That's true, a house does keep the outside from being inside!

And yet I keep a small carnivorous mammal in mine.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/11/03

Brenda Starr 3/12/50

Smokey Stover 4/20/52

Everyday Movies 12/26/35

"I did pretty well. I got a fur piece, two dozen silk stockings and this wrist watch out of my Christmas investment of three 50-cent ties."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 7/11-13/40

Brenda, huh? Probably a coincidence, or both Messick and Stamm were inspired by Brenda Frazier.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

But again, it makes the Phantom and Mozz look stupid for not realizing they could bring their personal army to the prison.

I prefer the idea that Mozz told Gurran all the prophecy poo poo because he wanted to look cool, and Gurran went "Yeah nope" and called up the army.

edit: Val, I love you man, but sometimes I think you need to let one rear end in a top hat who kidnaps your son/wife live, just so the word spreads that if you gently caress with Val's family, you will die tired or in a hole.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 12, 2023

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Did the Muppets ever do an Adam and Eve sketch? I don't recall one but Kermit and Miss Piggy would be great in the title roles. (With Fozzie as the serpent and Sam the Eagle as God.)

Slylock Fox

...I won't do the edit, but if you want to, go right ahead.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Just abruptly realized that Slammy hasn't posted in the thread yet and feeling kind of bummed.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

I get that they're just doing visual shorthand for the gag, but the story of Adam and Eve really isn't substantial enough to support a book of that size.

Oh I hate this

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (March 1, 1935)

Peanuts (January 9, 1970)

We jumped tracks in the middle of a storyline, and I suspect the Eternal Rerun Machine did that on purpose. (January 15, 1976)

Miss Peach (June 29, 1989)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater begins a new story! (August 14, 1939)

This is the last story that Doc Winner took part in, although we've got awhile before we have to deal with another art transition.

Olive & Popeye (Randy's shift)

Out Our Way (October 21-23, 1940)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The serpent would be Gonzo, clearly.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

The serpent would be Pepe or Rizzo.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!

Alterian posted:

The serpent would be Pepe or Rizzo.

Gonzo.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Uncle Deadly.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Satan should be played by the only human in the cast because Muppets cannot be truly evil.

E - So I'm thinking Eddie Redmayne's face deepfake mapped onto a regular snake. All distortion retained.

goatface fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 12, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

She was extremely about to say Caddy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

In no way do I expect this to happen, but I want Ed to turn out to be really good at pole vaulting

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

In no way do I expect this to happen, but I want Ed to turn out to be really good at pole vaulting

it's insanely hosed up that the tables have been turned in such a way that ed's success and happiness is the good thing

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

goatface posted:

Satan should be played by the only human in the cast because Muppets cannot be truly evil.

E - So I'm thinking Eddie Redmayne's face deepfake mapped onto a regular snake. All distortion retained.

I change my answer and agree to this, but it should be Tim Curry.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Alterian posted:

I change my answer and agree to this, but it should be Tim Curry.

So it's just a stealth prequel to Legend?

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The War-Lords of Phoenix

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Haifisch posted:

Computoon: Origins

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
I guess the fax is getting installed so the brunette guy doesn't have to use signal flares to communicate with people outside the office anymore?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 11/10-12/49

Archie 3/18-20/46

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
rare W for Spud

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary :drac:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

JethroMcB posted:

I get that they're just doing visual shorthand for the gag, but the story of Adam and Eve really isn't substantial enough to support a book of that size.
Maybe it's extended universe stuff.

F Minus

:china:

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Ugh.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

I feel like there's a Chas Addams cartoon like this.

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

maltesh posted:

I guess the fax is getting installed so the brunette guy doesn't have to use signal flares to communicate with people outside the office anymore?

yeah we had to piece this out in a Discord, there's a little price tag on the machine that is supposed to indicate that they just bought the machine, instead of having a dude repair it like I had assumed at first

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (May 10-12, 1923)

Toonerville Folks (July 15-17, 1920)

Interesting (to me) story: every source I have lost the same chunk of that final D in "forced" except one paper that I suspect has someone else redrawing the borders to fit their page layout. So we've decided the defective one is the original, because if anyone's going to adulterate the good around here, you're looking at him.

Dok's "Remembers He Can Fly When Considering The Alternative" Duck (July 13, 1914)

Little Lefty (November 11-13, 1937)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Wow. We had to wait 4 weeks for it but god drat. :allears: Tiny Head Mark. Giving up on backgrounds entirely. The panel 2 gator being the size of a small, shapeshifting elephant. Everything going on in panel 3, from the absolute disaster attempt at perspective, the clearly unfinished sketch flipper on that middle gator, gator 3 being... possible, from a certain angle, but looking like somebody who didn't know what a lizard is just sketched a weird mammal fish hybrid.

... Why is this happening, anyway? Isn't Mark the seasoned outdoorsman? Did he really plan to drive a boat at night, into gator infested waters, into "rapids"? What? How did he reach rapids? Weren't the last few strips about how fast Mark is driving? So Mark's just an enormous moron driving at top speed? Wasn't the plan to take the kids down a river in a boat to help them look for a mythical creature? You won't find it unless the plot sledgehammers it into you, so Mark should've planned to just give the kids a nature tour and a little educational lecture.

Gators don't chase boats in packs either but we already had the magical elephant last time so whatever.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

You Really Don't Want The IRS To gently caress With You.

Once Again, Racism Solves All Problems, Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp