Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yeah, the legal position is really not bad, it's just going to be a complicated case, and wotc have a lot of potential risks from getting an adverse judgment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

NinjaDebugger posted:

They literally said they don't believe that the original OGL can be revoked and are prepared to go to court over it.

Which puts them squarely in the path of Hasbro’s legal department and money tree. Again, good luck.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Paizo's site is down at the moment.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

hyphz posted:

I mean, it basically guarantees that Wizards will sue them at some point, so good luck to them, but they’ll need it.
To what end?

From the announcement, it sounds like the ORC will be an umbrella licence which individual companies can sign up to and put out SRDs under.

Wizards would have no standing to sue unless they could point to something which they could hang a copyright infrngement case on... but if an infringement were found in any individual SRD under the ORC, that wouldn't touch the ORC itself.

Wizards might be able to take out individual companies under the ORC umbrella, but they won't be able to nuke the ORC itself... and if they go after, say, the Pathfinder Orc Edition SRD as being the one which a) is closest to Paizo's business, and b) is conceptually closest to D&D, and lose, that really screws the pooch.

Paizo's announcement also underscores that their key executives and their attorney were working at Wizards and participated in developing the OGL concept too - which is a particularly fun shot across the bows. It's basically saying "you can sue us if you like, but if it comes down to wrangling over what was intended by some ambiguous wording in the licence, we have witnesses whose word will carry a hell of a lot of weight - do you?"

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Malek Deneith posted:

Their entire drive is "D&D is undermonetized, in part because only DMs buy most of the product". Cutting out physical books and moving to all-digital/all-VTT walled garden would allow them to monetize everyone, and in ways they can't with books and imagination. It's a plan that makes a lot of sense... if you're coming from video games sector and have no idea how people actually play RPGs, which the current head honcho's apparently are. Granted it's all speculation, but "the whole plan is to go all digital" is an explanation that fits with what we know of 1.1 to a scary degree.

Conspiracy theory: Just like Nokia before, Microsoft has sent an agent to take over, tank and own the company. It happened to Nokia remember.

Just think of all the content Microsoft would now own for their gaming business without having to license it.

Sure the Microsoft Phone died with Nokia, but they never thought that far ahead.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Leperflesh posted:

The quote from Pixar specifically cites their legal department, and the one from Lionsgate indicates it's company policy. I can find more statements that specifically cite lawyers if you insist. But first, maybe you can explain: why do you think the lawyers working for major studios advise them to return unsolicited scripts unopened? All of them?

here's a useful commentary, including specific examples. Importantly, it's not necessary for these suits to prevail a lot, or even ever, for a legal team to advise the studio to take clear documented measures to avoid them, because merely being the subject of a suit is both expensive and reputation-damaging.

In Jordan-Benel v. Universal City Studios, Inc. Jordan-Benel did not prevail. But the suit alleges that UTA and David Monico ripped off the script he sent to UTA, which they passed on, and that allegation is not disputed. His suit instead failed only on the basis that he couldn't prove he was asking to be paid for his work, and therefore, defendants were free to steal from him.

As an aside, this is an example of how the law often fails at the most basic poo poo.

The article concludes:

My comparison to the current situation with Wizards is in the legal framework for copyright violations that, despite heavily favoring the big powerful corporation, nevertheless could lead to costly suits whenever any significant similarity between Wizards' own publications, and publications under the OGL, leads an author to believe they may have been stolen from. By asserting a right to effectively total, irrevocable ownership of the copyrighted elements of all work under OGL 1.1, Wizards would never face such suits, or at least could have them quickly dismissed. Similarly, by refusing to accept unsolicited scripts under any terms, Hollywood studios can be certain that the only scripts that circulate within their bounds have been brought in under clearly stated contractual terms that establish who will own what and owe what to whom.

dmed you to avoid a further derail

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Warthur posted:

To what end?

From the announcement, it sounds like the ORC will be an umbrella licence which individual companies can sign up to and put out SRDs under.

Wizards would have no standing to sue unless they could point to something which they could hang a copyright infrngement case on... but if an infringement were found in any individual SRD under the ORC, that wouldn't touch the ORC itself.

Wizards might be able to take out individual companies under the ORC umbrella, but they won't be able to nuke the ORC itself... and if they go after, say, the Pathfinder Orc Edition SRD as being the one which a) is closest to Paizo's business, and b) is conceptually closest to D&D, and lose, that really screws the pooch.

Paizo's announcement also underscores that their key executives and their attorney were working at Wizards and participated in developing the OGL concept too - which is a particularly fun shot across the bows. It's basically saying "you can sue us if you like, but if it comes down to wrangling over what was intended by some ambiguous wording in the licence, we have witnesses whose word will carry a hell of a lot of weight - do you?"

"The Wizards won't be able to nuke the ORC" is such a loving amazing sentence and I hope you know that.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Comstar posted:

Just think of all the content Microsoft would now own for their gaming business without having to license it.

Microsoft owns an absolutely insane amount of gaming poo poo if you haven't been paying attention, they recently bought Zenimax studios and are in the process of buying Activision

Warthur
May 2, 2004

hyphz posted:

Which puts them squarely in the path of Hasbro’s legal department and money tree. Again, good luck.

To clarify, they aren't saying "we don't think the OGL can be deauthorised, so gently caress you, we're going to keep using it in perpetuity", the announcement is "we don't think the OGL can be deauthorised, but we don't want to have to blow money fighting your lawyers over it, so we're going to make our own licence so we no longer have to depend on it".

They do say they intend to bring out and sell OGL 1.0a products which are currently at the printer... but I think Wizards would actually be very nervous about bringing that case, because it feels like one where a judge could well say "You need to let them sell those books which they greenlit the printing of in good faith before you yanked the licence, or reimburse them for the wasted money". And if Wizards suffered an adverse ruling there, they'd likely have to put hand in pocket for a bunch of other folk as well.

Screenshots of the announcement from before Paizo's site crashed:

https://twitter.com/silentinfinity/status/1613682622994989057

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Warthur posted:

To clarify, they aren't saying "we don't think the OGL can be deauthorised, so gently caress you, we're going to keep using it in perpetuity", the announcement is "we don't think the OGL can be deauthorised, but we don't want to have to blow money fighting your lawyers over it, so we're going to make our own licence so we no longer have to depend on it".

They do say they intend to bring out and sell OGL 1.0a products which are currently at the printer... but I think Wizards would actually be very nervous about bringing that case, because it feels like one where a judge could well say "You need to let them sell those books which they greenlit the printing of in good faith before you yanked the licence, or reimburse them for the wasted money". And if Wizards suffered an adverse ruling there, they'd likely have to put hand in pocket for a bunch of other folk as well.

Screenshots of the announcement from before Paizo's site crashed:

https://twitter.com/silentinfinity/status/1613682622994989057

Yeah, that's a slam dunk case of estoppel.

Wizards going into court to litigate any of this is going to be a high risk proposition for them and I think it will be an extremely martyr rich environment so they have burnt a lot of their ability to quietly lean on small publishers.

Just an incredible pinpoint dickshot, wow

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

hyphz posted:

I mean what is the alternative Paizo has? Burning their own building to the ground? Agreeing to OGL 2.0 makes everything completely unprofitable so they might as well pack up shop then anyway.

It's clear going forward they and other publishers will use ORC for future systems/content. It seems nearly certain Paizo will do a cleanup pass of Pathfinder 2E (maybe make 2.5 or whatever) to be sure any d20SRD material is gone/non-infringing and release it under ORC.

It's not clear what they intend to do about Pathfinder 1E material. Presumably see if Wizards actually wants to sue them over it. There are a lot of people involved in the creation of OGL who would be willing to testify to the intent of the license, but at some point Paizo would have to decide if the cost is worth the profit they're still making on 1E material (not sure how that affects the video games as they're 1E).

I seriously doubt Wizards will chase small print operations. It still leaves little guys doing any kind of digital content under threat of endless DMCA harassment by Wizards, but it's not like they can sign OGL 1.1/2.0 and still make money anyway. It still leaves open questions about how survivable some of the tooling like the VTTs are without DND5E (depending on how OGL 1.0a holds up) or DND6E systems.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Paizo's site is down at the moment.

Yeah but what else is new?

Warthur
May 2, 2004

sebmojo posted:

Yeah, that's a slam dunk case of estoppel.

Wizards going into court to litigate any of this is going to be a high risk proposition for them and I think it will be an extremely martyr rich environment so they have burnt a lot of their ability to quietly lean on small publishers.

Just an incredible pinpoint dickshot, wow

The OGL 1.0a versions of the books may well end up being collector's items too, because I imagine they will only have one print run before switching to an ORC version.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Rescue Toaster posted:

It's not clear what they intend to do about Pathfinder 1E material. Presumably see if Wizards actually wants to sue them over it. There are a lot of people involved in the creation of OGL who would be willing to testify to the intent of the license, but at some point Paizo would have to decide if the cost is worth the profit they're still making on 1E material (not sure how that affects the video games as they're 1E).
If they are just doing straight reprints they may be fine. My reading of 1.1 is that stuff which was published (ie, made available on the market for the first time) prior to the cutoff date of 1.0a (given as January 13th in the leaked draft, but that's likely to change now) is still fine; what's being revoked and deauthorised is the ability of *new products* (or sufficiently significant revisions of old products to be distinct for copyright purposes) to take advantage of 1.0a.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Microsoft owns an absolutely insane amount of gaming poo poo if you haven't been paying attention, they recently bought Zenimax studios and are in the process of buying Activision

I would not think they would care. They can see how popular BG3 is even before it's come out.

I'm sure Microsoft could afford to by Hasbro, and tanking Hasbro's biggest money earner in WOTC would do that.

As I said, it's just a conspiracy theory. But we all had Nokia's at one stage.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

dmed you to avoid a further derail

That's cool, but I'll just summarize a reply here by saying nothing you DMed me has changed my opinion, or the facts I cited to support it. Thanks though.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Comstar posted:

I'm sure Microsoft could afford to buy Hasbro,

9b market value vs the 77b they are paying for activision, yeah.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
My guess is by the end of this, the rule from either WotC themselves or a Judge is going to be something to the effect of

"WotC is able to update the OGL and make the changes they want, however they are unable to retroactively enforce that on things published before *insert date here" under the 1.0 OGL

I don't think any judge or legal proceedings would end in WotC being allowed to after the fact grasp control over the things released with the OGL, which is what happens if WotC is allowed to just publish changes like in that leaked document.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Dexo posted:

My guess is by the end of this, the rule from either WotC themselves or a Judge is going to be something to the effect of

"WotC is able to update the OGL and make the changes they want, however they are unable to retroactively enforce that on things published before *insert date here" under the 1.0 OGL

I don't think any judge or legal proceedings would end in WotC being allowed to after the fact grasp control over the things released with the OGL, which is what happens if WotC is allowed to just publish changes like in that leaked document.

The dream would be wizards taking it to court and losing a bunch of copyrighted material like GW did through some disaster of a trial

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yup. GW won the case against Chapterhouse, but had several things they claimed as trademark/trade dress declared by a court as definitively not trademark/trade dress.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dexo posted:

I think that's what they intended, it's not a retroactive grab it's just for stuff going forward, but with (as originally intended) a brutally short lead time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
So Paizo and Friends are teaming up to make a thing, WotC aside, what does that mean for creators who weren't part of that super-alliance? Like I only have passing familiarity with some of the company names mentioned but I assume most of those are at least somewhat unique systems right? What does it mean to publish something compatible with them if they're all different?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Countblanc posted:

So Paizo and Friends are teaming up to make a thing, WotC aside, what does that mean for creators who weren't part of that super-alliance? Like I only have passing familiarity with some of the company names mentioned but I assume most of those are at least somewhat unique systems right? What does it mean to publish something compatible with them if they're all different?

They aren't publishing a joint game together. They're just mutually agreeing to their own version of an OGL.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The Bee posted:

They aren't publishing a joint game together. They're just mutually agreeing to their own version of an OGL.

Right, but I was under the impression that the OGL per WotC was the thing that let you slap "you can use this adventure path with D&D 5e" on the cover. I take it that's wrong then?

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
You could use it for that, but you could also use it to publish your own games that might take a few mechanics/monsters/ etc. from other OGL games without the fear of being sued. Pathfinder 2e, for instance, is not compatible with 5e at all.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
And this is effectively all of these systems saying "hey, we're cool with people doing that for our games", lobbied under one agreement instead of each needing to whip up their own separate license..

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

The Bee posted:

Nothing short of a public cancellation and apology will be, tbh. And even that may well be too little, too late.

If that is the case (and it may be, now), then I expect no apology and they will go through with the updated OGL. Whatever the anonymous employee believes (and their post reads like a D&D Beyond employee, not a WotC employee), there's an extremely narrow band between "this isn't bad enough that we need to do anything but ride it out" and "this is bad enough that we're taking the hit no matter what we do, so we may as well proceed as backing off and apologizing won't make a meaningful different." And nobody is in a position to guess where that dividing line will be.

Absent some strong voices in a meeting to arrive at a decision, the WotC execs will proceed. If it looks like the plan will be an ongoing disaster, they jump ship to another corporation. The odds that their careers will be ruined by mishandling the situation are so close to zero that it won't be a factor in their process. Unless multiple people in the room push very hard for a big revision to the OGL, this will get spun as "a vocal minority on the Internet tried to stop our plan, and while *numbers* will go down for a while, we project that revenues will not be substantially hurt once the VTT goes live." Then they wait for a year or two and if things are looking bad for One or the VTT they can jump ship before the launch and their replacements will get blamed for the failure. So long as the execs need to please their superiors and "shareholders," and not their customers, there's no incentive for them to change their current attitude towards us.

More to the point, we the Internet have even worse access to numbers than the execs do. How many Beyond subs got cancelled? How many will it take before the execs care? We have no idea. Will this hurt the D&D brand more than 4E's going off the OGL did? More than the glut of products during 3.5 or 2E? All they have to do is argue that it won't, with a side order of "we can't let a few Internet fanatics control our corporate decision making" and they'll have all the cover they need to proceed. At best, we collectively might provide ammunition for someone inside who wants to reverse this decision, but such a person would first need to exist.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah the leaked draft 1.1 has explanatory language (which is weird) saying their "intent" is that since people might publish something similar to what they were already going to publish, they need to have it in the license that they can always publish anything that is a copy of what you published.

There's a germ there. When you send a script to a hollywood studio they don't open or read it, because they want to be 100% certain they can prove that their movie that comes out next year isn't ripping off some rando's script. They'd get sued constantly otherwise. Wizards' lawyers or someone experienced in this realm has a similar concern.

It's bogus because, has this not happened for the last 20 years? Then why would it suddenly start happening now?

And it's implemented in a stupid way, like, giving yourself forever-permission to copy anything someone else does doesn't go away just because you say in your contract "oh but we won't, this is just if it's an accident or whatever". This is transparently obvious to everyone.

I think trying to de-authorize 1.0a is a big deal but this irrevocable taking of all your poo poo is the bigger deal. It's also the point I think is more likely to maybe get adjusted in a revised 1.1.

This is all about the VTT, right? So this is a VTT-focused change. They don't care about 3rd party publishes adventure X. They care about their VTT graphics and assets. They have complete access to everything that every user posts there, and they're worried that this massively increases their exposure. "We didn't open the e-mail/letter and so there's no proof we ripped off the idea inside" is radically different from "yes, we can see every piece of data on the VTT, but we swear we didn't actually look."

Warthur
May 2, 2004

sebmojo posted:

I think that's what they intended, it's not a retroactive grab it's just for stuff going forward, but with (as originally intended) a brutally short lead time.

The phrasing from the leaked version:

quote:

What if I don’t like these terms and don’t agree to the OGL: Commercial? That’s fine – it just means that you cannot earn income from any SRD-based D&D content you create on or after January 13, 2023, and you will need to either operate under the new OGL: NonCommercial or strike a custom direct deal with Wizards of the Coast for your project. But if you want to publish SRD-based content on or after January 13, 2023 and commercialize it, your only option is to agree to the OGL: Commercial.
Contextually - particularly with the last sentence - it seems pretty clear that the intention here was that if your thing was published after the cut-off date, you have to use the OGL: Commercial, but stuff created and published prior to that is fine to use the old licence.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

Warthur posted:

Except that they do have to depend on it if they're deemed to be using copyrightable content from the 3.5 SRD. That was the driven for the OGL in the first place.

I mean, look, I can heartily hope that what happens is a judge rules that:
  • Game mechanics can't be copyrighted and those are the only items Pathfinder shares with 3.5e;
  • A "perpetual" license can only be revoked if something significant happens or changes, not just due to the passage of time, since that breaks the "perpetual" offer by the back door;
  • A business built on an agreement offered and accepted for 22 years can't be forced to be dismantled at a single stroke;
  • This is basically Wizards and Hasbro being assholes and trying to use legal pedantry to absorb small competitors.
etc.

But I can also see it happening that a judge rules that:
  • Pathfinder 1e was defined by Paizo themselves as a derivative of D&D 3.5e and Pathfinder 2e is a derivative of 1e, so their intent to create a derivative work under copyright is clear;
  • They either believed they were authorised to do this, in which case they would have no reason to take steps to make their work noninfringing; or they didn't believe that, in which case they were knowingly doing something they didn't believe they were authorised to do;
  • The massive changes that have occurred in the market since the OGL was written constitute changes significant enough to justify revoking and reissuing the license;
  • Paizo has had 22 years in which to create a non-copyright infringing system and has chosen not to, and even though it was well aware of the changes in the market, unjustifiably assumed an unlimited free ticket on WotC's IP;
  • This is a big company which represents the earned success of some risk-taking creative heroes named Gary, Dave and Richard trying to defend itself against an upstart who effectively betrayed them from within.

And in IP lawsuits I've followed it's become clear that the judges do tend to rule in favor of the rich, successful, IP holders - partly because being rich and successful lets you tilt the court, and partly because that's the dream as described in the last point above.

I mean, seriously, people are posting about Ryan Dancey as the "architect of the OGL" but he worked for Paizo. Likewise, they're going to "the lawyers who drafted the OGL" but I don't know if anyone has actually just straight up asked them, "why did you leave irrevocable out?"

And that's without the outcomes like:
  • WotC drag out the lawsuit until Paizo is broken by the legal fees;
  • WotC file seperate lawsuits for every percieved "infringement" in PF and attempt to break Paizo instantly;
  • WotC buy Paizo, revoke the OGL on Pathfinder before it moves to the ORC, then sack everyone and mothball it forever.

I don't want them to happen, but I mean, look at the state of the world, does something being a totally unreasonable thing that many people don't want to happen mean a drat at this point?

What can Paizo do? I guess the safest option would be to buy or license a non-OGL fantasy game that's past the Statue of Limitations on Copyright and base Pathfinder 3e on that.

hyphz fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 13, 2023

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The cut off date being, uh, today. So, sorry about that licence you thought you were developing your stuff under!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

FishFood posted:

You could use it for that, but you could also use it to publish your own games that might take a few mechanics/monsters/ etc. from other OGL games without the fear of being sued. Pathfinder 2e, for instance, is not compatible with 5e at all.

You could mix them but the PF2E would quickly outscale the 5E elements and start wrecking everything.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/vexwerewolf/status/1613701013331927040

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

hyphz posted:

I mean, seriously, people are posting about Ryan Dancey as the "architect of the OGL" but he worked for Paizo. Likewise, they're going to "the lawyers who drafted the OGL" but I don't know if anyone has actually just straight up asked them, "why did you leave irrevocable out?"

It’s because twenty years ago when written that wasn’t a common legal term and all open source software didn’t use that word. It wasn’t till later that this became common and was updated into most updated open source licenses.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm probably going to buy the Pathfinder Legendary Bundle tbh. I've been wanting to drop DND for a while, especially because of the chud poo poo, Zak S, and everything else, but this is a quantifiable thing I can point at and be like "This is why we don't use DND, BUT."

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Narsham posted:

This is all about the VTT, right? So this is a VTT-focused change. They don't care about 3rd party publishes adventure X. They care about their VTT graphics and assets. They have complete access to everything that every user posts there, and they're worried that this massively increases their exposure. "We didn't open the e-mail/letter and so there's no proof we ripped off the idea inside" is radically different from "yes, we can see every piece of data on the VTT, but we swear we didn't actually look."

That's a really good point and I agree. It's far more difficult for Wizards to show a clear chain of idea to publication that didn't swipe stuff from other works when they're effectively taking custody of other works, digitally, at a granular level.

That said, I can't see that being the only factor. Just maybe the instigating one, and clearly a big deal.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

hyphz posted:

Except that they do have to depend on it if they're deemed to be using copyrightable content from the 3.5 SRD. That was the driven for the OGL in the first place.
Yes, and their declared intent is to shift away from doing that, read their announcement.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

Warthur posted:

Yes, and their declared intent is to shift away from doing that, read their announcement.

So are they actually going to clean-room a new Pathfinder?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It sounds like PF2E doesn't use much of anything from the OGL anyway. They just published it under the OGL to allow for derivative works based on it.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

hyphz posted:

So are they actually going to clean-room a new Pathfinder?

Have we not been saying that all currently produced works would still work and not need to be retroactively thrown into a dumpster? And also it's been a week but yes, they're probably going to make the necessary but minimum legally-required edits to apply under the ORC and not the OGL, chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

VikingofRock posted:

Paizo just announced their plans: they are releasing a new license, the Open RPG Creative License ("ORC"), under which they will publish future work. They are working with other TTRPG makers to make this license, including Kobold Press, Chaosium, Legendary Games, Rogue Genius, and Green Ronin. This license will be owned by an organization which has a history of managing open licenses, and they floated the Linux foundation as a possibility.

say, did Green Ronin ever produce that timeline that was supposed to make everything about their working with a sex pest(i think that's what it was?) make sense?