Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Starsfan posted:

Maybe there were Bradleys in Ukraine then before it was announced, or maybe there weren't. Who gives a poo poo in the end, what is the value of pointing out this seemingly bizarre statement (based on what we know about right now?)

I don’t think Bradleys were secretly in Ukraine in September. If that’s what it takes to believe Russia’s September claims, go ahead. Or don’t. You decide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The one constant I've learnt in my forays into military history, is that enemy casualty reports are almost always exaggerated or just straight up lies. So I'm not shocked that Russian troops are reporting they've blown up Bradleys that don't exist outside of the minds of excited infantrymen.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Every government lies. Don't be shocked if you get caught believing one, it's bound to happen eventually.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

*blasting cousin Dimitriy's Lada Nova to atoms with an RPG*

Enemy Leopard destroyed!!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

mlmp08 posted:

I don’t think Bradleys were secretly in Ukraine in September. If that’s what it takes to believe Russia’s September claims, go ahead. Or don’t. You decide.

What the gently caress are you even talking about, the first time I ever heard this was when you brought it up in this thread for no obvious reason and now you're giving me poo poo for believing "Russia's September claims" when I have no idea what those even are outside of what you've posted (which I didn't even read). I don't need to waste time deciding if the vast majority of the poo poo I see in passing is true or not, once again it is entirely inconsequential if Russia blew up 4 Bradleys or 4 other troop movers or nothing at all. What does it have to do with anything?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endman posted:

*blasting cousin Dimitriy's Lada Nova to atoms with an RPG*

Enemy Leopard destroyed!!

lol

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

It's impossible to know when there were bradleys in Ukraine. Until there's a full investigation we must consider the fact that bradley's could have been there as early as, or even before, September.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
hopefully all bradleys in ukraine will soon cease to be

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Have there been any military tourists named Bradley? That’s probably what he meant.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Starsfan posted:

I miss the syq's, I think we should explore bringing them back.. maybe start off when only letting trusted and responsible CSPAM'ers syq and see how that goes

people have no control and start posting literally everything from other threads instead of just funny stuff

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there is plenty of pro nato poo poo posted here to make fun of

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Starsfan posted:

I didn't even read). I don't need to waste time deciding if the vast majority of the poo poo I see in passing is true or not

That's fine, there's no requirement that any of us agree or even have a passing semblance of the same reality, aside from some very specific forums rules etc.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think we should all agree nato is bad and should be stopped

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It took me about 15 seconds to type "m113 in Ukraine September" into Google. Lithuania sent 50.

Goldfish.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Yeah, it's not surprising that some troop would misidentify an M113 as a Bradley. It's more surprising that the MOD would then repeat the claim.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
The North Atlantic Treaty Organization is a global force for good.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

Frosted Flake posted:

I wish there was a way to put that on mugs or something.

90% boredom
10% trauma
=
Soldiering!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I think you can understand the difference between a national government making a finding and a newspaper saying they talked to one unnamed person, and that person's opinion is [whatever]

It does not mean you have to agree. But the two situations are very different. If Russia's government announced that they blew up Bradleys in September, who are we to doubt them?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It would be much more relevant/impressive if this wasn’t something that happened over 4 months ago.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Have we considered the possibility that the Bradleys were Russia's own, that they blew up themselves?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well you see last February a key report said someone tripped over a cat when it was actually a dog.

This. Changes. Everything.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

It does not mean you have to agree. But the two situations are very different. If Russia's government announced that they blew up Bradleys in September, who are we to doubt them?

:yeah: I just do not to believe’s Russia’s claim on the Bradleys.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

mlmp08 posted:

:yeah: I just do not to believe’s Russia’s claim on the Bradleys.

the more you argue about it the stronger I believe it actually happened

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Starsfan posted:

the more you argue about it the stronger I believe it actually happened

Freedom of faith is a valuable right!

On the subject of governmental claims I find pretty darn suspect, barring evidence:

https://twitter.com/samramani2/status/1613667380290273280?s=46&t=OdYLxkrHsL9_WEpXu_u_hw

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think we can all agree that всё идёт по плану

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I believe it, I just want to know what it is.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Instead of the proven success of attacking the quietest sectors, throwing yourselves directly at the highest concentration of Russian airpower, firepower and manpower at least offers comedic potential, I’ll give them that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

Instead of the proven success of attacking the quietest sectors, throwing yourselves directly at the highest concentration of Russian airpower, firepower and manpower at least offers comedic potential, I’ll give them that.

Tomorrow morning at 10am we make our surprise attack, on foot, charging over the dense 5km long minefield directly at their 20m high fortress wall of concrete, machine guns and flame throwers. All in broad daylight with clear skies, no cover and while everyone is at maximum alert.

You see it's the last thing they would ever expect so we'll have the element of surprise and take them unawares.

Onwards men, to victory!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

That's the claim rezident made this morning

Резидент posted:

⚡️⚡️⚡️#Инсайд
Our source in the OP explained why the propagandists and telegram channels of the President's Office continue to convince everyone that the AFU is in control of Soledar in the Ukrainian information space.

At today's stavka, Zelenskyy demanded that Zaluzhny return control over Soledar and organize a counterattack on the city to regain control. All Zaluzhny's arguments that we would lose reserves and simply burn out the combat-ready units that were being trained in the Zaporizhzhya direction had no effect on the President's position.

https://t.me/rezident_ua/15893
(from t.me/rezident_ua/15895, via tgsa)

it certainly has some dark humour to it.

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45

That looks like an anti-vehicle ditch from how wide and straight it is, but then there's a prefab concrete pillbox attached to it and they've stuck troops in it.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Frosted Flake posted:

books, like Stephen Biesty's Incredible Cross-Sections.

Biesty loving owns, I used to have an interactive cd-rom with

edutainment rules.

Can you imagine

but for this

That’s what the world needs, not more war!

Endman
May 18, 2010

Turtle Watch posted:

edutainment rules.

Can you imagine

but for this

Those books loving slap, I love them

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Picture this: Warcraft: The Movie 2: Master and Commander

e: Orgrim is master of Stormwind and only the Kul Tiran fleet stands before him – oceans are now battlefields.

Turtle Watch has issued a correction as of 03:18 on Jan 13, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

Reading about Kursk and concluding that it totally would've worked if Hitler hadn't pussied out and withdrew to defend Sicily

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Turtle Watch posted:

edutainment rules.

Can you imagine

but for this

Yeah these books were amazing

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

There aren't quiet sectors anymore. Zaporizhzhia has been "quiet", but both Russia and Ukraine keep insisting that Ukraine is preparing to attack it while nothing really happens. In Luhansk/Kharkov, the Russians have filled the line with mobiks, so there's no more flank to turn.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ahem excuse me. I have been repeatedly assured that one patriot battery and a dozen MBTs is all Ukraine needs to completely swing this around.

Any day now.

I mean, unless the media was lying to me. But they wouldn't do that. Surely.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Now that’s what I call an
!

Turtle Watch has issued a correction as of 04:35 on Jan 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

They should make an Ace Combat series, but with tanks instead of planes and the protagonist is a Ukrainian.

Just imagine a tank zooming around, doing barrel rolls as it guns down all the orc invaders.

edit: You and your brothers in arms driving in formation, when suddenly *BOOM*

The tank to your left, pilot codename "HIMMLER", explodes.

HEYDRICH: Got one on your six!
Me (BANDERA): I can't shake him!
*an explosion from behind, followed by a friendly tank doing a barrel roll ahead of you*
HITLER: Bogy down! The one who takes out the fewest orcs buys the drinks tonight!

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 04:49 on Jan 13, 2023