Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Wow Carol's voice is awful

It just works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

one of my favorite bits in tomo-chan is how much tomo haymakering jun as hard as she can isn't a bit. it isn't exaggerated for comedic effect they are just both going to be on the Street Fighter 7 roster

EDIT: i forgot misuzu was THIS TOXIC lmfao

Patware fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 12, 2023

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Tamba posted:

But she just said that in the second episode? Just without the harem background

I'm pissed we were robbed of the harem background.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
They're revolutionizing Isekai by eliminating the Isekai, and the harem

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sindai posted:

Bofuri S2 is good. I'll never tire of giant xenomorph Maple

Hell yeah xenomorph maple is always hilarious. Bofuri had pretty good animation in a lot of scenes, hopefully it keeps up, its such a fun show.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it is funny that the actual political revolution isekai yuri airing this year isn't the one called "magical revolution"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm of the opinion that her saying it as a young kid to establish it's been known for years is cooler

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Can't wait to see what horrible eldritch abomination Maple gets as a power this season!

Also Magical revolution continues to be really good. I'm hoping we get to book 3 cause I really want to see them animate some of the scenes there

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Apparently Bofuri season 2 knew I needed one more go with the original OP, and I appreciate that. I also like how they establish that outside of Frederica and Sally the rivalries are friendly. Everybody's friends and nobody's trying to kill each other over stupid petty bullshit like who's the top player or anything like that.

I loved the confirmation that Mii is secretly a giant softy.

Is it possible for a Japanese person to be a weeaboo? Because I think Kasumi comes close.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hmmmm I wonder if this mysterious new character they're about to introduce in Eminence In Shadow is going to be a good guy or a bad guy?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wouldn't a japanese version of a weeb just be like. a tourism board official or a history nerd

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They'd be Rawhide Kobayashi or Shoji Tabuchi

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Man I'm not seeing how people are liking Bofuri S2. The reuse of the previous OP just blew me away with the laziness and then I got incredibly bored with the episode halfway through and gave up on it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bofu ris nutz

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

Man I'm not seeing how people are liking Bofuri S2. The reuse of the previous OP just blew me away with the laziness and then I got incredibly bored with the episode halfway through and gave up on it.

They used the second season opening as the ending for the first episode, so they probably won't be using the S1 one after this.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
eminence in shadow continuing alongside season 2 of Misfit of Demon King Academy beginning kinda highlights how much better the latter is because of its absolute refusal to break kayfabe

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Turin Turambar posted:

Kaina of the Great Snow Sea

Agree, extreme Nausicaa vibes.

I think the 3D is forgivable since it's TV and the poor bastards had to make two completely different biomes episode 1. Set pieces and wide shots look great, it's the close ups where the CGI gets rough.

Gripes aside I'm in all the way.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yawgmoft posted:

Agree, extreme Nausicaa vibes.

I think the 3D is forgivable since it's TV and the poor bastards had to make two completely different biomes episode 1. Set pieces and wide shots look great, it's the close ups where the CGI gets rough.

Gripes aside I'm in all the way.

Feels like the 3D has come a long way since Sidonia.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think it's also an unforced artistic choice. Nihei works with Polygon on adapted/original anime, and Polygon works in 3D. It's the medium and aesthetic they're happiest with. If it looks a bit odd and sterile, then that's just their style at this point.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Spy Classroom's second episode is still fun spy bullshit. Feels like the anime equivalent of watching TV Land reruns of one of the spy shows that popped up in the 60s. There's nothing here really exceptional or exciting but it's a nice way to kill 20m on Thursday.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Southern Cassowary posted:

Spy Classroom's second episode is still fun spy bullshit. Feels like the anime equivalent of watching TV Land reruns of one of the spy shows that popped up in the 60s. There's nothing here really exceptional or exciting but it's a nice way to kill 20m on Thursday.

So.... what's going on with the eighth girl that was hidden in the group shots at the school? I didn't see her once they left for the mission Nevermind, found her under the table during the party scene

Tamba fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 12, 2023

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ungulateman posted:

eminence in shadow continuing alongside season 2 of Misfit of Demon King Academy beginning kinda highlights how much better the latter is because of its absolute refusal to break kayfabe

counterpoint: BIG WAVE

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Turin Turambar posted:

Kaina of the Great Snow Sea

It's all brought down a bit just because the complete use of 3d graphics, but still looks acceptable in places. The direction was fine, and the action was clear to understand and it felt competent.

You know, as of yesterday, Resident Evil 4 is 18 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlGo6GAIw0A&t=1660s

When is anime cgi going to catch up to this?

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 12, 2023

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Tamba posted:

So.... what's going on with the eighth girl that was hidden in the group shots at the school? I didn't see her once they left for the mission Nevermind, found her under the table during the party scene
lol, she's half out of frame in almost every single shot and nobody acknowledges her existence. That's great.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Sindai posted:

lol, she's half out of frame in almost every single shot and nobody acknowledges her existence. That's great.

absolutely did not notice this lol

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Patware posted:

one of my favorite bits in tomo-chan is how much tomo haymakering jun as hard as she can isn't a bit. it isn't exaggerated for comedic effect they are just both going to be on the Street Fighter 7 roster

EDIT: i forgot misuzu was THIS TOXIC lmfao

With Jun and Tomo being industrial grade blockheads, they need an equal level of instigation and trolling from Misuzu and Carol to counteract the main couple's hesitation.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Spy Classroom is pretty fun.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Maxwell Adams posted:

You know, as of yesterday, Resident Evil 4 is 18 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlGo6GAIw0A&t=1660s

When is anime cgi going to catch up to this?

This is, sadly, a very good point.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i liked the dads learning about parenting together in magical revolution. hope they don't end up being wieners

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
and anis remains a baller

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Big Leg posted:

i liked the dads learning about parenting together in magical revolution. hope they don't end up being wieners

I love that they're not straitforwardly good or bad dads.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I liked how Ani's dad was miffed at her because she crashed a party and abducted someone and not because she wants to marry a woman.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf the party was basically already ruined with the whole divorce thing

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

thread correct, magirevo good

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Maple remains the MMO's official end-boss lol

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Maple has some epic FFXIV fight transitions from normal form, to Mecha form, to Eldritch horror form

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Iceblade Sorcerer's plot is that he's a super powerful young sorcerer who pretty much grew up on the battlefield and has now left the army and enrolled in highschool under an assumed identity so he can enjoy all the aspects of student life he missed out on, and he wasted absolutely no time jumping straight into establishing a harem, joining a gardening club and indulging in quite a lot of sweaty homoeroticism
:nice:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, establishing a harem is just one of those quintessential high school experiences and I really pity anyone who missed out on it.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hmmmm I wonder if this mysterious new character they're about to introduce in Eminence In Shadow is going to be a good guy or a bad guy?
And the correct answer is a corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the only good part of iceblades terrible premier was that it has a brother check in