Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Lmao at both the Rangers and Stars

:siren: AWOOOOOOOO :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Lol what a finish

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:siren: I was very ready to give up on that game. LGR :siren:

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
What a move Fox

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
well Miro made a loving mess of that lol

I think the Stars were the better team at 5v5 by quite a bit, unfortunately it seemed like they never had any real intention of winning any other way than 1-0 which isn't something they've been able to do for.. probably since Tippet was around.

Still, 3 out of 4 points in New York is fine, Stars continue to get it done on the road.. They really need some time at home though, the team is looking very disjointed lately.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Kurtis MacDermid may not be the best NHL defenseman but at least he takes a lot of penalties. (get healthy Byram!)

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

NHL reffing is so stupid.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

ImplicitAssembler posted:

NHL reffing is so stupid.

How do you not call that suckerpunch on Garland?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Sorokin standing on his drat head.

E: or that one counts? Hurray

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Good work Canucks, making it close, but still progressing the tank.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

ImplicitAssembler posted:

How do you not call that suckerpunch on Garland?

https://twitter.com/TheStanchion/st...s1_c10&ref_url=

Cuz it was funny as heck!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

just tuned in and 9 minutes left in the first and FLA is up 1-0 on VGK with 0 shots? What?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I am going to destroy Paul Maurice. Jesus loving christ. I gotta swear off the Panthers.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Just gonna drop this here ahead of the game starting. This is almost a thing shaped like a defense but...it's a defense.

edit: and just don't ask who's in net

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

.Spec posted:

Just gonna drop this here ahead of the game starting. This is almost a thing shaped like a defense but...it's a defense.

edit: and just don't ask who's in net

I had to stare at this for a while to figure out who was missing and then I realized it they were short Pettersson. Ooooooohhhhh man this is going to be some kind of game.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Oh my god POJ has to play 3rd pairing but Ty Smith can go straight to the top pairing. Rules. Hope Sullivan knows something we don't.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
man I remember when Devils fans in certain unnamed places of the internet said Smith was as good/better than Fox

not that the devils don't have a plenty good defense now but..

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Grabbed pizzas but looks like 5v5 is even, but the Jets powerplay absolutely destroyed the Pens and were rewarded for it.

Sully and the staff remain really good at those.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

DRRRREEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Colby Armstrong is really funny and good on the broadcast.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Jets played last night and the Pens didn't but you wouldn't know it watching this first period

Turbo Jesus
Mar 17, 2007

Pop that tarp off.
That doesn't really look like Goalie Interference, but who knows with the NHL.

Turbo Jesus
Mar 17, 2007

Pop that tarp off.
I think I am just going to turn this into a gimmick account where I just post the clip of Pierre Mcguire having an orgasm over Tokarski when he makes a big save.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Turbo Jesus posted:

I think I am just going to turn this into a gimmick account where I just post the clip of Pierre Mcguire having an orgasm over Tokarski when he makes a big save.

Better than my gimmick.

Ginette Reno posted:

The Jets played last night and the Pens didn't but you wouldn't know it watching this first period

I haven't watched a ton of this game, but the Pens remain such an enigma.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Unrelated I remain a bit mystified as to why GCR remains a thing.

Turbo Jesus
Mar 17, 2007

Pop that tarp off.
The Penguins are getting absolutely caved in.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
lolling at how hype the crowd got for the timekeepers sounding the horn to alert the refs that they stopped the clock when Tokarski was holding onto the puck and everyone but the refs expected the play was blown dead

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Pens are missing their top 3 d and it shows but this is a bad performance even in light of those circumstances imo

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Sigh Brian Domoulin is just following a dude and not like....knowing he needs to defend that space.

Woooooooof. That's loving lovely from Tokarski but Friedman can't gap it either.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
what a nice meltdown

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Sigh Brian Domoulin is just following a dude and not like....knowing he needs to defend that space.

Woooooooof. That's loving lovely from Tokarski but Friedman can't gap it either.

he also has been teasing us the last two games by having instances where it looked like he might get injured and free us of himself but no such luck

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

The top 6 getting caved in and not scoring when Rust is on the top line vs Rakell, the D core being depleted, and Tokarski being...you know...AHL level. Awesome.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Sullivan's only answer to anything is to swap Rakell and Rust and call it a day.

Guentzel-Malkin-Rust looked great for the shift that Crosby's skates were hosed up. God forbid Sully ever try anything new though

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Sullivan's only answer to anything is to swap Rakell and Rust and call it a day.

Guentzel-Malkin-Rust looked great for the shift that Crosby's skates were hosed up. God forbid Sully ever try anything new though

Putting Sid and Zucker together is verboten. In fact taking Guentzel away from Sid is contractually not allowed.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zuck owns but he probably just shattered his hand or something because he is made of porcelain

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

The Pens are a mess and lol Ty Smith just...not....finding his guy.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I love that the moment Sullivan puts Rust back with Crosby all top 6 scoring just disappears. His contract might be a huge problem earlier than I would have expected.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
This team vs Carolina tomorrow with its top 3 d missing is gonna be a hearty lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I love that the moment Sullivan puts Rust back with Crosby all top 6 scoring just disappears. His contract might be a huge problem earlier than I would have expected.

He's got grit and "he's gone the distance"
So long as he's put up 40-50 points the prior season they could flip him no problem

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
This is the type of game that would cost a coach their job if Sullivan were less safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Can't win'em all I guess but sure as hell have to start winning more than they have been

I know Hextall is supposed to be pretty patient but if you've already gone all in on signing these assholes to giant contracts, maybe it's time to shuffle some along