Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Charles Ford posted:

The problem I have with it is that it was good to begin with, in a fairly shallow "funny silly scifi drunk man" way, then with "character development" just got more and more into "Rick is so depressed, let's explore that", but in a kind of boring drama way to put into a "cartoon which is attempting to parody characters from Back to the Future".

Roiland's other show "Solar Opposites" has the same problem, where it's about aliens just doing zany scifi stuff then extremely boring B plots about humans the alien kids shrunk down and live in a horrible society in the bedroom wall. It's like he thinks he's significantly better at the writing/producing/creation of these shows than he actually is.

Wait what? I watched the first few episodes when it came out and was mildly amused by the B plot of shrunken captive humans, but I figured it was like a one episode thing. That keeps going throughout the whole series? That sounds awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Kingo Ligma posted:

I mean it's the perfect distillation of the right wing mindset.

Rapist is a class of person.

A rapist is a bad person.

I am a good person.

Ergo:

I could not have raped.

My dude I guarantee that Justin Roland or whatever his name is considers himself to be an extremely progressive ally, and if you go through life thinking that liberals can't be bad people you are going to have a bad time when you finally decide to actually go outside and interact with humans

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Klyith posted:

The redistricting is a big part of it, but it was a neutral map rather than the dem gerrymander one. ....

reality has a liberal bias, also jerrymandering is only for regressives.

only redder, no pink, no purple. also no actual map blocks, just the stretchiest spaghetti noodles that would make blackhole physicists and topologists go "what the gently caress mate."

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Hazo posted:

Wait what? I watched the first few episodes when it came out and was mildly amused by the B plot of shrunken captive humans, but I figured it was like a one episode thing. That keeps going throughout the whole series? That sounds awful.

There are entire episodes devoted to that stupid B plot. And it got worse and worse.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The thing is that NY is pretty red outside of the urban cores and even in NYC there's a lot of Republicans particularly in the more suburban neighborhoods like on Staten Island. You're not gonna gerrymander Elise Stefanik's seat into Dem hands without having a map that shoves half of Rochester into a thousand miles of cow country. You might be able to save three seats if the stars aligned, but you're likely never going to get eastern LI or the north country or most of the farms around Binghamton.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
There is some real stellar tv in the first two seasons , but the drop off in quality is sharp

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

And they keep putting wierd incest stuff in.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Well, looks like old poo poo-for-brains disabled or tripped over the cables for third party tokens. None of the third party apps can authenticate.

CaptainCrunch fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 13, 2023

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Hihohe posted:

And they keep putting wierd incest stuff in.

https://twitter.com/Q_Review/status/1613677115010084864

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

reality has a liberal bias, also jerrymandering is only for regressives.

Ok guys, enough with the rick and morty references

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

CaptainCrunch posted:

Well, looks like old poo poo-for-brains disabled or tripped over the cables for third party tokens. None of the third party apps can authenticate.

I recommend using a fully opaque draw tool to censor things from screenshots

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
justin roiland screaming, tearing up sheets of sketches and punching holes in the walls, furious that the storyboard artists aren't making the sex scenes passionate enough

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Devils Affricate posted:

also make sure the thumbnail metadata updates

its how they caught bin laden

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
lil lifehack if you wanna make sure someone takes something seriously just say its how they caught bin laden

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

CaptainCrunch posted:

---

looks like all of my "current" twitter apps are disconnected. I have a tweetbot token from ages ago still in my account, but it's the old one using their old API

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

CaptainCrunch posted:

Was just coming to see if this was happening. This actually would get me off Twitter, I'm not using the lovely website.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

Hazo posted:

I can't believe the man voicing the disgusting racist hick squid character was himself a disgusting racist hick

i confess i was kind of surprised. i wasn't exactly a fan of unknown hinson, but from what little exposure i had, everything he did seemed to be just so extreme and on-the-nose that i never even considered the possibility that it wasn't satirical. i mean, dude spent a decade making a cartoon whose entire premise is a joke at his expense. the whole things was just like he and the audience were both on the wrong side of poe's law.

Time_pants posted:

People will one day quote this the same way we do with people like Maya Angelou and Mark Twain.

inaccurately and out of context?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If you listened to Unknown Hinson, he was very very good at walking along that knife's edge of "man that character he plays sure sings some hosed up things, huh heh he (chuckle nervously) good thing ol Stu Baker is a regular guy huh".

https://genius.com/Unknown-hinson-foggy-windows-lyrics

quote:

Baby you look good tonight
But it's cold here outside
Foggy winders has come betweenst us again

I like that dress you're wearing
As I stand out here starin'
Through foggy winders that have come beetweenst us again

If you look now you might think you see a ghost from your past
But it's only condensation
My breath on this glass
Don't call the police
No need and tried
I've already cut your telephone lines
Foggy winders has come betweenst us again

You and the law dogs will never know
I whooped your boyfriend moments ago
He caught me starin' through foggy winders
At you

Gonna pick one

If you look now you might think you see a ghost from your past
But it's only condensation
My breath on this glass

I took a drink
Or maybe five
It's hard to focus my eyes
Through foggy winders that have come betweenst us again

I'mma a countin' to ten
Then I'm bustin' in
Through foggy winders that have come betweenst us again

These foggy winders won't come betweenst us again

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Devils Affricate posted:

If you're not sure about the software paint tools, you can also just select the area and than "cut" and don't paste it anywhere.
That should completely remove everything from there.

(Normally selecting the area and doing a paint fill should do it, but there is a small chance that could gently caress up if your in software that has a opacity setting for it's fill, and it's not set to 100%.)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kw0134 posted:

You're not gonna gerrymander Elise Stefanik's seat into Dem hands

they actually tried to do exactly that with the gerrymander they came up with that got thrown out. of course, it got thrown out by judges that cuomo appointed, because he sucked massively. though given that dems underperformed in most if not all districts, that might have still not worked at all. which is all a shame because stefanik is only barely a step above gaetz, boebert and mtg as far as awful republicans goes.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Devils Affricate posted:

Noted. It's not my screenshot, I was just cribbing from google image search and making a stab at courtesy.

kdrudy posted:

Was just coming to see if this was happening. This actually would get me off Twitter, I'm not using the lovely website.

Seriously. Being able to scrape my timeline down to only the stuff I want to see and literally nothing else was the only thing that made it tolerable.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

FirstnameLastname posted:

lil lifehack if you wanna make sure someone takes something seriously just say its how they caught bin laden

Never connect an electronic sex machine that you bought off Alibaba to your home wifi

It's how they caught bin laden

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

yeah all third party apps are mysteriously unable to access twitter's api.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Charles Ford posted:

The problem I have with it is that it was good to begin with, in a fairly shallow "funny silly scifi drunk man" way, then with "character development" just got more and more into "Rick is so depressed, let's explore that", but in a kind of boring drama way to put into a "cartoon which is attempting to parody characters from Back to the Future".

Roiland's other show "Solar Opposites" has the same problem, where it's about aliens just doing zany scifi stuff then extremely boring B plots about humans the alien kids shrunk down and live in a horrible society in the bedroom wall. It's like he thinks he's significantly better at the writing/producing/creation of these shows than he actually is.

Soooo... Roiland is effectively the cartoon-world version of J.K. Rowling, is what I am hearing.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

feelix posted:

My dude I guarantee that Justin Roland or whatever his name is considers himself to be an extremely progressive ally, and if you go through life thinking that liberals can't be bad people you are going to have a bad time when you finally decide to actually go outside and interact with humans

People can think like right wingers and still happen to be liberals. Happens a lot, in fact.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

the rickandmorty subreddit is apparently crumbling

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I felt like it was only a matter of time before something like this happened with Roiland after those DMs to Elon came out in discovery and he was exposed as a Musk reply guy

supabump
Feb 8, 2014

roiland has been pushing some web3 bullshit on his twitter so good riddance I guess

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

supabump posted:

roiland has been pushing some web3 bullshit on his twitter so good riddance I guess

Oh, he's done multiple NFT "projects".

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at bunch rich white gently caress boy men thinking that ape coinz or meme stocks are valuable things.

they should be put in a conservatorship way worse than Spears.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

holy loving poo poo rick and mortys creator is a piece of poo poo? im going to go hang out in the official rick and morty subreddit to get the inside scoop. if anyone needs me ill be in my office.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

MrQwerty posted:

I felt like it was only a matter of time before something like this happened with Roiland after those DMs to Elon came out in discovery and he was exposed as a Musk reply guy

yeah, in hindsight the "i love my employees, but gently caress the union!" tantrum that he threw when the animators voted to strike unless they got better health care provisions in the new contract and wound up trying to take back after it having to eat poo poo when it was publicly explained to him that the union is his employees should have been all we needed to know he was a poo poo rather than just being dumbass who doesn't know poo poo about gently caress when it comes to actual work since he's been able to making a living as a "creative" or whatever the gently caress

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

Dabir posted:

People can think like right wingers and still happen to be liberals. Happens a lot, in fact.

it's almost as though liberals are, in fact, on the right :thunk:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

By about ten degrees, when it affects them personally, so I hear

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

Dabir posted:

By about ten degrees, when it affects them personally, so I hear

:hmmyes:

e: honestly, i kind of think phil was giving them too much credit

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

flubber nuts posted:

holy loving poo poo rick and mortys creator is a piece of poo poo? im going to go hang out in the official rick and morty subreddit to get the inside scoop. if anyone needs me ill be in my office.

should i hold your calls?

Libra fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jan 13, 2023

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

lol at bunch rich white gently caress boy men thinking that ape coinz or meme stocks are valuable things.

they should be put in a conservatorship way worse than Spears.

For real though, Britney did some self-destructive poo poo in the 2000s that severely damaged her estate, but did she ever do anything that even closely amounted to $200+ billion in lost assets? I feel like Elon clearly needs a legal guardian.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

spunkshui posted:

They keep getting bigger because they want to sell products the customers will buy.

Apple made an iPhone small recently and no one wanted it.

“The ‌iPhone 13‌ mini had the smallest share of sales of all the ‌iPhone 13‌ models, and it made up just three percent of total ‌iPhone‌ sales during the quarter. Comparatively, the other ‌iPhone 13‌ models were much more popular, and had the largest share of U.S. sales in several years.”
*Force all interactions with your phone to be done by touch on the screen of the phone*
*Make screen smaller*
*Is surprised no one buy the smaller phone*
What's going on?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Devils Affricate posted:

For real though, Britney did some self-destructive poo poo in the 2000s that severely damaged her estate, but did she ever do anything that even closely amounted to $200+ billion in lost assets? I feel like Elon clearly needs a legal guardian.

No, but she committed the crime of having a breakdown while being a woman (and also having a person in her life that wanted to steal all her money and had a reasonable claim to guardianship). Nobody is going to put Elon in a conservatorship any more than they will Kanye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

CuwiKhons posted:

No, but she committed the crime of having a breakdown while being a woman (and also having a person in her life that wanted to steal all her money and had a reasonable claim to guardianship). Nobody is going to put Elon in a conservatorship any more than they will Kanye.

she was being drugged or something weird at the time iirc